NEurope
darthbane2k

Square Enix SNUBS Wii

You're a cock. Since when were Square Enix a second party? That's how you're acting

well he is right about the spirts within movie:)

The fact is Square Enix, since the beginning of the 3d console era, have almost always been about high end graphics that push the boundaries of a generation.

Sure, that's main reason why PS2 and DS (weakest consoles of their respective generations) have got majority of S-E's support. :laughing:

But anyways.. I don't find current situation surprising at all, because nobody excepted Wii to dominate like it does. Both FFXII and Last Remnant are projects that were clearly started long time ago*, and you just don't switch platform on the fly on this big projects. There is obviously few projects going for Wii too, but it does take long time before these are on the stage where they can be shown. S-E does have lots of faith on Wii, because otherwise they wouldn't have announced two exclusive, high profile projects even before Wii started to gain true hype.

* I'm guessing that both projects started over 12 months ago

Best thing to come from Square-Enix. (And yes, I have it on DVD).

hmmm... Not quite, otherwise wouldn't they have jumped on Saturn, N64 and then Dreamcast? and this gen, why not GC and Xbox?

Psone and PS2 were not the most powerful consoles of their respective generations (by far), just the winners when it comes to sales.

The "Wow, this is good for a PSone game" and "Wow, this is good for a PS2 game" is also a valid statement. And if I may... "Wow, this is good for a DS game" is still too valid today :heh:

Square is going multiplatform now so they won't abandon any platform as long as their games sell, but the one were it sells more will have the extra treatment (look at DS).

That's just as it is, but it's the consumer voting with his money, that'll decide that.

With the last few gens the other systems didn't really offer enough over the PS1 and PS2 to justify the fact that both Playstations had the disc space for the epic full motion videos and voice acting that Square wanted. The Xbox was a non-factor because Japanese sales were non-existent and there was no RPG market on the system overseas really either, except for Western style ones.

Best thing to come from Square-Enix. (And yes, I have it on DVD).

I'm not sure if you are doing it to annoy me anymore i really don't know :laughing:

PSP is an awesome system, I am glad I own one.

Can't wait to play Star Oceon 1 + 2 on my psp.

Oh yeh, too bad about the Wii.

Awesome song there is though (l'arc en ciel - Spirit Dreams Inside)

PSP is an awesome system, I am glad I own one.

Can't wait to play Star Oceon 1 + 2 on my psp.

Oh yeh, too bad about the Wii.

Hey you never know, other developers love it so they might port some PSP titles over to the Wii.

Hey you never know, other developers love it so they might port some PSP titles over to the Wii.

I hope so, I have that mercury game for my psp, and wouldn't mind trying it out on the Wii.

obviously i'd rather have original content but still.

With the last few gens the other systems didn't really offer enough over the PS1 and PS2 to justify the fact that both Playstations had the disc space for the epic full motion videos and voice acting that Square wanted. The Xbox was a non-factor because Japanese sales were non-existent and there was no RPG market on the system overseas really either, except for Western style ones.
Saturn had as much storing space as PSone, and Dreamcast had even more (1,2 GB discs).

Also bare in mind that both GC and Xbox have texture compression that PS2 lacks, so that alone provides that a title made for them will take up less space providing more space for FMV's.

Besides Psone has games from Square with 4 CD's, they didn't care much back then what would be the problem of doing a FF on GC using 2 DVD's then?

Xbox is a no factor like you said, because it didn't sold, and same for GC actually, when compared to PS2... that's all the explanation you need.

Both PSone and PS2 were market leaders, hence the preferential Square-Enix support; and now DS is benefiting from that too.

Basically It's not about technology now, or storage space, it's about sales.

Crystal Chronicles, if they get the story right, will be amazing, but last time it just seemed like a gameplay experiment.

Anyway, there's no need to all shove your cocks in his mouth and rape the shit out of the guy. He has an ass you know.

Oh, and he's entitled to an opinion. That too.

Saturn was no where near as powerful in 3D graphics as the PSX.

PSX = 3D awesome

Saturn = 2D awesome

It's a known fact.

I'm a happy bunny with all these Square Games coming out. Get to play them all. ^_^

PSX = 3D awesome

Saturn = 2D awesome

It's a known fact.

I'm a happy bunny with all these Square Games coming out. Get to play them all. ^_^

That's true i think it's a known fact that saturn was originally designed as a 2d console and there you see the results

I truly hope their 'support' of PS3 will bite them in the ass financially as much as that waste of time 'Spirits Within' movie did.[/b]

Am I the only person on the planet that actually enjoyed that film :laughing:

yes i believe you are. it continues to make Advent children look like shawshank redemption(well at least that's what i think)

I've tried and tried but honestly, I can't get into FF. So this doesn't affect me much, although I know that it does to a lot of superficial people.

What annoys me more in this isn't the lack of support, but the general art direction they give to their Nintendo version of those games. FF:CC could be a lot more appealing if the characters didn't look like a bunch of babies with rattles.

It doesn't help Nintendo's examples of simplified games and graphics.

yes i believe you are. it continues to make Advent children look like shawshank redemption(well at least that's what i think)

I guess I know nothing about the Final Fantasy series of games, so that probably helps - I just took it as a stock sci-fi CG film.

PSX = 3D awesome

Saturn = 2D awesome

It's a known fact.

No, it wasn't.

Most people think otherwise because of the fame of 3D being a afterthought in Saturn, but that doesn't imply that it is weaker.

Saturn was more powerful in 3D RAW performance actually (take a peek at the never released Shenmue for Saturn, for example), but not much people could cap that out of the system, for starters the system had 9 processors, two main ones (SH-1), and then 2 GPU's (who were meant for separate tasks); most developers couldn't even manage to use the SH-1's effectively.

Think of it like Genesis/Mega Drive versus SNES, SNES was slower than Genesis/Mega Drive (3,58 MHz against 7,6 MHz) but did more stuff in hardware, like more simultaneous colors, transparencies (alpha colors), mode 7, etc...

Saturn could actually push more polygons than N64 and PSone, but it had limitations like lack of light sourcing, lack of transparencies, etc.

So yeah, it was very powerful for the time, despite what solidified historic rumors say/said. PSone was just simpler and did more stuff by pre-default on hardware.

Anyway, I mentioned it as a reference, not to be taken as a real possibly for Square, as it never was.

I'm sure of the Wii sells this well in the long run, SE will have no choice but to create something a bit more substantial for the system. Calm down, as McMad said, if you love SE that much, buy a PS3.

Crystal Chronicles, if they get the story right, will be amazing, but last time it just seemed like a gameplay experiment.

Anyway, there's no need to all shove your cocks in his mouth and rape the shit out of the guy. He has an ass you know.

Oh, and he's entitled to an opinion. That too.

Don't really care about the story, gameplay is what matters.

And even though CC didn't have a intricate story it had some very good subliminar story.

Am I the only person on the planet that actually enjoyed that film :laughing:

I like The Spirits Within; I saw it at the cinema and bought it on DVD. I think there would be a lot less hate towards it if it didn't say 'Final Fantasy' in the title, as links to the series were more idealogical than commercial. As is, it's a pretty good sci-fi film which was visually astounding at the time.

I like The Spirits Within; I saw it at the cinema and bought it on DVD. I think there would be a lot less hate towards it if it didn't say 'Final Fantasy' in the title, as links to the series were more idealogical than commercial. As is, it's a pretty good sci-fi film which was visually astounding at the time.

I would like to add... nothing. That's exactly right. I was blown away by the visuals when I first saw it.