NEurope
darthbane2k

Square Enix SNUBS Wii

I wish star ocean was coming to Wii, but i'm glad theres nothing like Chocobo Rider Revolution or similar for the Wii.

actually i'm sure i read that star ocean 4 hadn't been decided what format it'll be released on

Well with the remake of 1 and 2 going on the PSP I can bet that number 4 will go to the PS3 :(

What's most worrying here is that they're flirting with the 360 audience (westerners). Last Remnant apparently sports "a main character designed for a western audience" and one that's more traditional japanese/final fantasy.

If this is an indication of the mentality they'll apply to games aimed at the 360 platform, I'm quite frankly terrified at the thought of the 360's success worldwide. If the fantastical and exotic kind of japanese game dies in order to appeal to "our" monochrome space marine tastes, I'll prolly go kill myself.

If that's the case then the Playstation 3 HAS to reclaim the leading position - and man I never thought I'd say this ever - unless we want to be flooded by samey design as Mass Effect and Gears of War become the templates to aspire to.

I wouldn't worry to much, even when a Jap developer makes a game for 360 it still doesn't sell as well as what games from the Wii and PS3 get. A good example would be Blue dragon from mistwalkers, it only sold 200,000 copies in jap (I think anyway)

Sqaure-Enix also snubs Parasite Eve fans by having Parasite Eve 3 as a moblie game.

closed07.jpg

S-E realise that modern Final Fantasy fans like Sony (and gay pretty-boys and spice girls wannabes as main characters). They also realise that old-school Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest fans like Nintendo, hence those titles appearing on Nintendo systems.

The original poster "forgot" to mention FF12: Revenent Wings, FFIV 3D Remake, FFTA2, Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers and DQ9 on that little list.

Sqaure-Enix also snubs Parasite Eve fans by having Parasite Eve 3 as a moblie game.

closed07.jpg

That is a freaking outrage. Why put a game like P.E. on a mobile when it begs for a PS3/Wii/360 release??!! Where the hell is Dom? I want to know his thoughts on this annoucement.

The original poster "forgot" to mention FF12: Revenent Wings, FFIV 3D Remake, FFTA2, Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers and DQ9 on that little list.

Yeah, silly me. I didnt realise those were Wii games.

Yeah, silly me. I didnt realise those were Wii games.

Star Ocean 1 and 2 remakes for PSP

● Chocobo Mysterious Dungeon for Wii *CRAP*

● Last Remnant 360/PS3

● Star Ocean 4 (PS3)● Final Fantasy Cristal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

● Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Rings of Fate● Final Fantasy XII Intl. (w/ Zodiac Job System)

those aren't wii games either. point is you make it seem like nintendo are getting snubbed but fail to mention the ds games. the situation looks far better when you do it. I know your focus is wii but still

Star Ocean 4 apparently hasn't been confirmed for ant console yet, it shouldn't be labelled as a PS3 title, for all we know it could be on the Wii.

HEy guys, where have you bought Chocobo Mysterious Dungeon I'd like to play it too.

HEy guys, where have you bought Chocobo Mysterious Dungeon I'd like to play it too.

Why lie to yourself?

You know that it's no star ocean or last remnant.

Why lie to yourself?

You know that it's no star ocean or last remnant.

Did I say it was? Either you guys are new to the gaming scene or you refuse to understand how it works.

It always was like this, a company has to choose who to support, some other company gets less support, that's life, who cares, carry on! I mean, it's not like the N64 days, where we didn't get a single S-E game.

And, wait, by that note, have you played Last Remnant? Or is automatically good because it has shiny graphics? For fuck's sake people get a grip, you throw a scene everytime Nintendo is less supported than Microsoft or Sony.

230px-Chocobo%27s_Dungeon_2_boxart.jpg

Did I say it was? Either you guys are new to the gaming scene or you refuse to understand how it works.

It always was like this, a company has to choose who to support, some other company gets less support, that's life, who cares, carry on! I mean, it's not like the N64 days, where we didn't get a single S-E game.

And, wait, by that note, have you played Last Remnant? Or is automatically good because it has shiny graphics? For fuck's sake people get a grip, you throw a scene everytime Nintendo is less supported than Microsoft or Sony.

And thats our point. Usually this decision is based on USERBASE. Have you taken a recent look at how PS3 is performing against Wii? Wii is slaughtering it , so Wii rightfully should see the support.

And, wait, by that note, have you played Last Remnant? Or is automatically good because it has shiny graphics?

I'd take shiny graphics over some kids chocobo game. :smile:

And thats our point. Usually this decision is based on USERBASE. Have you taken a recent look at how PS3 is performing against Wii? Wii is slaughtering it , so Wii rightfully should see the support.

SE will probably get financially burned because of their decisions. Call it karmic justice if you want.

which we have no screens of yet........

In this case i dont think theyre snubbing the Wii userbase, theyre snubbing the hardware.

They have a vision for games like FFXIII and Last Remnant that cant be achieved on the little Wii, plain and simple. Im sure they feel that a sidequest with chocobos is a better fit for the hardware

In this case i dont think theyre snubbing the Wii userbase, theyre snubbing the hardware.

They have a vision for games like FFXIII and Last Remnant that cant be achieved on the little Wii, plain and simple. Im sure they feel that a sidequest with chocobos is a better fit for the hardware

I'll tell you something... FF XIII was initially planned for PS2.

It only went to PS3 for the obvious reasons, because it was the PS2 follow-up and Square felt PS2 was dying, so they wouldn't release a game for a falling console. Even Capcom is porting games like Devil Kings 2 for Wii not because of Wii support but because they feel the game won't sell on Ps2 anymore.

One year ago... PS3 was the right choice to make, the obvious one, if they announced it for Wii it would be like playing poker and betting on the underdog.

Same for Last Renmant, it's obvious the game started development more than 6 months ago to be shown now, and Wii is on the market since 5 months ago. Is that so hard to get?

No one was expecting Wii would succeed like this, so they don't have software ready.

Yes, chocobo and FFCC were the games Square had initially planned for Wii and the ones they're ready to announce now, that doesn't mean they won't do more (if they aren't doing or planning more as we speak), or they'll keep away of doing epic games for it, they'll develop for where the money is since they're independent; DS and PS2 aren't the most powerful systems around; "oh no, we don't want to make a epic game for this platform because it lacks power" my ass. (and it would be a more understandable thing to do with DS than with Wii)

It just means they were gotten by surprise just like everyone, and developing good software takes time. Don't overeact.

And you keep remindg us of your blatant stupidity.

Not usually that blunt, but I hate this kind of posts.

Hey, I'd prefer to see Star Ocean, FF, KH, wtvr on DS and Wii, I also think it's stupid, it seems they don't like money. But there's also logic behind this, the userbase that has played these games is basically the Playstation userbase, so it's not completly irrational. And let's see it like this, you have a game that takes no advantage of Wii's controller or DS touch screen/dual screen/mic, so it would be just like a regular game on PS3 and 360, but with worse graphics. I also see the point where there is an advantage to make these games for other consoles.

As I don't own a PSP, 360 or PS3, I hate Sony and I'm a Nintendo fan, it's a given I'd like to play these games (if they're good), but these things happen, always had and always will, you guys just make such a huge deal out of these things that it's absurd. While you're fast to accuse people like me of being blind fanboys, I see more blindess and fanboy-ish reactions in your posts.

Is there anyone here who is over the age of 21, who is still a fanboy.

I mean seriously, what's the point in the console wars?!?

I see more blindess and fanboy-ish reactions in your posts.

Hmmmmmmmm, fan boy.

I would call myself more of an ex disgruntled nintendo fan. I seem to be the only one who isn't amazed by the wii as I really cannot justify a new console when the improvement in graphics and online is so poor.

Sure it has the control system but I’ve seen very few games where this has been used properly.

So then the obvious choice for me is the 360 and ps3 as they offer me the type of game that i am interested in, the epics. I am aware of the mario's etc but I still think the wii lacks any real quality from third parties.

I'll tell you something... FF XIII was initially planned for PS2.

It only went to PS3 for the obvious reasons, because it was the PS2 follow-up and Square felt PS2 was dying, so they wouldn't release a game for a falling console. Even Capcom is porting games like Devil Kings 2 for Wii not because of Wii support but because they feel the game won't sell on Ps2 anymore.

One year ago... PS3 was the right choice to make, the obvious one, if they announced it for Wii it would be like playing poker and betting on the underdog.

Same for Last Renmant, it's obvious the game started development more than 6 months ago to be shown now, and Wii is on the market since 5 months ago. Is that so hard to get?

This whole post is implying that the Wii could handle those 2 games which i still dont agree with. If thats true, its not too late for them to announce Wii versions of either. Square-Enix is using UE3 for Last Remnant which Wii apparently can't handle. Its as simple as that really.

Here is interesting stuff from DQ9's preview. Yuji Hori sez:

- The next DQM will ship after DQ9

- DQ9 still has a lot of action RPG esque controlls in it (it was designed as an ARPG but got back to the traditional DQ style cuz of the fans)

- There are action battle parts.. the type of battle changes depending on the situation

- Wii connectivity confirmed (with DQS? or another DQ?).

- DQ9 will ship this christmas

- DQ9 has about 10 000 unique characters that you can make with the customization option

- you can gather friends at luidas bar. this is like in DQ III.. the WIFI aspect begins here

- We have several remakes in mind.. we want to use connectivity to other titles with it (DQ IX, that's it)...

- This year we will ship DQS and DQ9.. But next year will be the real.. YEAR OF DRAGONQUEST

Thanks go for farnham @ Neogaf.