NEurope
darthbane2k

Square Enix SNUBS Wii

Even though the Wii outsells the PS3 10 to one in Japan, and outsells it world wide with higher software sales, Square enix have still decided to snub the Wii...

This is a bit of a cut and paste from Other's comments in other forums, but I wholeheartedly agree...

Announcements

● Star Ocean 1 and 2 remakes for PSP

● Chocobo Mysterious Dungeon for Wii *CRAP*

● Last Remnant 360/PS3

● Star Ocean 4 (PS3)

● Final Fantasy Cristal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

● Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Rings of Fate

● Final Fantasy XII Intl. (w/ Zodiac Job System)

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3159370

Square either..

1) Arent in the business of making any money

2) Actually want a monopoly in the industry and will back Sony to the bitter end, irrespective of the success of any competitor.

I truly hope their 'support' of PS3 will bite them in the ass financially as much as that waste of time 'Spirits Within' movie did.

I don't give 2 fucks, I don't like Final Fantasy.

What he said.

What he said.

What he said he said.

Seriously, I'll take the Baldur's Gate Saga over anything that claims to be RPG.

Wah, wah, wah.

I see you're such a Square-Enix fan that not only have you already decided a game you haven't so much as seen a screenshot for is 'CRAP', you also hope the company lose money due to making games for other consoles. That's dedication right there.

Wah, wah, wah.

I see you're such a Square-Enix fan that not only have you already decided a game you haven't so much as seen a screenshot for is 'CRAP', you also hope the company lose money due to making games for other consoles. That's dedication right there.

so you have not played the original Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon game?

I just want decent third party support on Wii. Nintendo need not prove anything else, the Wii is destroying the PS3 worldwide, yet wheres our support?

If you do what Square-Enix is doing right now, you are doomed to make more loss than profit. If they opt to ignore Wii, they ignore heaps of profits.

On the other hand, I hate those annoying Square-Enix games. So I'm not losing anything there - now if Only Camelot would announce that RPG they're developing and tell us it's actually the 3D-iteration of their great Golden Sun sage. The story isn't entirely told yet, Camelot - you've left gaps!

EDIT: Did you say "where's the support?" - if I'm correct, most compnies are backing the Wii more than ever! EA announced six games a year ago and that total is now up to ten (and even more on the way) with three exclusives on the way - so if even EA, who are graphics-centered, become Wii-focused, I'de think there's heaps of support, pal.

I don't give 2 fucks, I don't like Final Fantasy.
Thirded. Never saw what the fuss was all about. Two announced games is way better than the GameCube era ever was anyway.

Also, S-E support for the DS is good. They'll come to the Wii eventually. There's a good chance they'll lose money on FFXIII if things stay as they are.

The reason why the PS3 gets so much support is likely because of the Blu-ray player; it just fits the Final Fantasy philosophy do fill up the discs with much blabla whilst sticking to archaic gameplay.

Nintendo Wii games

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

Nintendo Wii games

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors

On-rails sword swinging game based on basic electronic plug and play tv sword game.

dragon-quest-swords-the-masked-queen-and-the-tower-of-mirrors-20060522041041818.jpg

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

Not a 'real' final fantasy game. simplified, low budget adventure.

Yet the PS3 and 360 get this..

img_27645_5682002_3.jpg

and yes I believe the Wii could have handled this, albeit not in HD.

darthbane2k you're overeacting, they aren't "surrending to the Wii" just yet, but think about it this way... Star Ocean 4 development didn't start last week, if they were already investing that much (probably even) before PS3's launch... should they cancel it? that's like burning money.

Same for FFXIII actually. Nothing said Square that PS3 would sell like this at first, it was the safest bets for their "standard public".

I'm looking forward to Chocobo Dungeon actually. and FFCC is looking good by the description.

Only thing I could say Square should think about... Is port Star Ocean 1 and 2 remakes bundle it into a single game and sell it for Wii. Since original Star Ocean was made for SNES (and never localized) by all means we're loosing a 10 year exclusive (that no one played) it would be nice and bring profits for square (who knows about porting Star Ocean 3).

Square as any other developer is kinda weary of Wii, sure the development costs are nice, but in japan Zelda sold 450.000 units and Wii Sports sold 1 million, sure PS3 is no better, but they have doubts about selling software over there, just like they did with DS.

And look at DS support from Square now; just buy their games and everything will be alright.

The CC series looks more interesting than the main series - the battle system actually looks decent.

Yet the PS3 and 360 get this..

img_27645_5682002_3.jpg

and yes I believe the Wii could have handled this, albeit not in HD.

It can't, because we don't have Unreal Engine 3, Epic refuses to port it :p The game is being made cross platform. (because Square is worried about PS3 sales)

Should be mostly technically possible from what I've seen (that city they've shown is quite low-poly). Anyway... weren't we saying the same with DS at first from PSP getting FFVII crisis core?

They aren't jumping just yet, I wouldn't blame them, I'd blame them if everything goes well one year from now and their games sold.

The DS could have done with Star Ocean 1 and 2. Im a bit pissed that the games have been remade for the 'flagging' PSP

I wish star ocean was coming to Wii, but i'm glad theres nothing like Chocobo Rider Revolution or similar for the Wii.

The DS could have done with Star Ocean 1 and 2. Im a bit pissed that the games have been remade for the 'flagging' PSP
Hmmm... I don't want them on DS to be honest with ya.

Also... you can't complain about DS support why would everything Square does come out on it?

Star Ocean can be compared to the Valkyrie Profile Leneth on PSP, you could also argue that and it's not gonna sell throught the roof, but it's support for them nonetheless, I'm perfectly ok with that.

I'd like to see them remade with those 2D graphics bundled for Wii, though. But I'm not that hot for DS to handle that, next to the PSP version (providing it would continue to exist) it would be low-res, hence cutted down.

Also... Star Ocean 2 was 2 CD's, putting that in a DS cartridge is kinda hard, considering how old the game is.

so you have not played the original Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon game?

Nope, as I didn't have a chipped PSOne. Even if I had, my name still wouldn't be Nostradamus.

I just want decent third party support on Wii. Nintendo need not prove anything else, the Wii is destroying the PS3 worldwide, yet wheres our support?

Well, there is support. You might not like it — or choose to dismiss it — but it's support nonetheless.

It sounds like all you want is a 'real' Final Fantasy, but if tradition is what you're after then you should look to the PS3, as surely that's the best place for pretty updates?

usually if a game is ported to psp then the wii gets it eventually or at least that's what i like to think....point is i don't care and i have faith in FF:CB to deliver

The fact is Square Enix, since the beginning of the 3d console era, have almost always been about high end graphics that push the boundaries of a generation. The Wii is not the place for them to make the next big massive epics, they want these games to be visually breathtaking. Whether we like it or not, nothing can really take your breath away and make you think "That's unbelievable" on Wii if you've seen the other 2 systems, at best it's "Wow, this is good for a Wii game."

You're a cock. Since when were Square Enix a second party? That's how you're acting

The fact is Square Enix, since the beginning of the 3d console era, have almost always been about high end graphics that push the boundaries of a generation. The Wii is not the place for them to make the next big massive epics, they want these games to be visually breathtaking. Whether we like it or not, nothing can really take your breath away and make you think "That's unbelievable" on Wii if you've seen the other 2 systems, at best it's "Wow, this is good for a Wii game."
hmmm... Not quite, otherwise wouldn't they have jumped on Saturn, N64 and then Dreamcast? and this gen, why not GC and Xbox?

Psone and PS2 were not the most powerful consoles of their respective generations (by far), just the winners when it comes to sales.

The "Wow, this is good for a PSone game" and "Wow, this is good for a PS2 game" is also a valid statement. And if I may... "Wow, this is good for a DS game" is still too valid today :heh:

Square is going multiplatform now so they won't abandon any platform as long as their games sell, but the one were it sells more will have the extra treatment (look at DS).

That's just as it is, but it's the consumer voting with his money, that'll decide that.