NEurope
Hellfire

Ghost Squad Wii

You DO NOT need the cursor at all. I was very surprised with that, pleasantly so; but I accidentally turned it off and I got a great score, you miss occassionally obviously but it just makes it more realistic. It is VERY accurate!

I'm No. 1 in the Regional Rankings and No. 6 in the world. Just thought you should know that! MoH : H2 will be awesome :D !

Just thought you should know that!

I feel much better now. If only I could be like that.

This just arrived today, absolutely awesome, very responsive, very accurate just like a perfect arcade conversion. I couldn't be happier with it. Just hope we get a Virtua Cop compilation to go with this and HotD.

nice review! i hold you personally responsible if i dont like it!

nice thing is that if they got the controls right, they can port a shitload of shit onto the wii now from the extensive sega back catelogue.

I'm a sucker for shooting people.

Sega Master System

Main article: Light Phaser

Assault City (light phaser version)

Gangster Town

Laser ghost

Marksman Shooting

Missile Defense 3-D

Operation Wolf

Rescue Mission

Rambo III

Safari Hunt

Shooting Gallery

Space Gun

Trap Shooting

Wanted!

Sega Mega Drive/Genesis & Sega Mega-CD

Main article: Menacer

Bodycount

Corpse Killer (CD)

Crime Patrol (CD)

Lethal Enforcers

Lethal Enforcers (CD)

Lethal Enforcers 2

Lethal Enforcers 2 (CD)

Mad Dog McCree (CD)

Mad Dog McCree II: The Lost Gold (CD)

Monster Hunter (Unreleased)

Revolution X

Snatcher (CD)

Terminator 2: The Arcade Game

Who Shot Johnny Rock (CD)

Sega Mega-CD and 32X CD

Corpse Killer

Lethal Enforcers 1&2

Mad Dog McCree

Mad Dog McCree 2

Snatcher

Sega Saturn

Area 51

Crypt Killer

Death Crimson (Japan-only release)

Die Hard Trilogy

The House of the Dead

Mighty Hits (Japan-only release)

Scud the Disposable Assassin

Maximum Force

Mechanical Violator Hakaider (Japan-only release)

Virtua Cop

Virtua Cop 2

Policenauts (Japan-only release)

Sega Dreamcast

Main article: Dreamcast light guns

Death Crimson OX

Death Crimson 2 (Japan-only release)

Confidential Mission

The House of the Dead 2

Virtua Cop 2 (released individually in Japan and in the Sega Smash Pack in North America)

+ all the aracde games

then there is all the namco games...

Nintendo ought to buy the api from sega for lightgun controls and just let everybody use it.

hell nintendo should buy sega.... It makes sense as they are the only ones who can truely leverage their backcatelogue

I was shcoked at how accurate it was without the reticule. I play with the reticule though as it's more fun for me and I've only just got it.

I was surpirsed by the replayability too.

Just wanted to bump this thread and ask anyone if they've got tips for high scores on this? The best in the world is nearly 1.4 million, but I'm nowhere near! What am I doing wrong?

There is a FAQ for getting high scores over at gamefaqs here. It's for the Arcade version, but it probably applies well to the Wii version.

Without particularly trying, the best score I have got is 56xxxxx. That makes me the 232nd best player in the region. Yay.

You need to be getting a bonus for almost every single person you shoot. Get an 'Excellent' rating for all the events and obviously complete each mission.

I haven't really blitzed it for highscores yet, still going through to un;lock all the different sections. But I LOVE the game, thankfully I accidentally turned off the reticule when I first played it and because of its brilliance I never needed to turn it back on, it's that intuitive!!! And the Zapper makes it even better!!!

Can't wait for HotD and I agree with the Virtua Cop pack!! Wouldn't mind a lightgun game using the balance board for dodging etc.......

I'm really thinking about buying this, but...

The problem is that the only copies here on sale are bundled with a cheap Wii Zapper ripoff (Ghost Squad Gun. Such originality!), and is priced at a hefty €60! Ka-tching!

62153.jpg

It's a 'limited edition', but what good is that if there isn't any other edition? Maybe it's just a local thing, though. Do any of you have standalone copies?

Interesting. I've never seen that edition in the UK. All I've seen are the standalone copies. If the Wii Zapper was sold separately, I might be tempted now that I'll be getting HotD too.

I was put off by the gun bundle as well. Strange Cookie, do you happen to live in The Netherlands or Belgium? Cos I've seen only the bundled version selling for 60 euros. It's crazy. I so wanna have this game, but no way I'm paying that much, especially when you consider it's selling for much much less in the US.

I can buy the stand-alone version on Play.com for 25 pounds, incl. shipping, but I want to have a Nyko Perfect Shot as well. Adding everything up and it's more or less the same price... Maybe I'll have to wait and get HotD first...

Is the perfect shot meant to be any good? Better than the Zapper?

I have both and think the perfect shot is much more responsive and comfortable than the zapper.

I've heard the Zapper is not as accurate as Perfect Shot. I still gte rubbish high scores, around 5.5 million. That's with the aiming reticule on though. I found a gun that has dot sight even with the reticule off. Does that mean you'll get the no-reticule bonus even though it has dot sight?

Also what is the bonus for no reticule? Is it big enough to warrant losing the advantage of the reticule?

Strange Cookie, do you happen to live in The Netherlands or Belgium? Cos I've seen only the bundled version selling for 60 euros. It's crazy.

All too true. Yup, I live in Belgium, and it's all bundles as far as the eye can see. Curses.

One one hand, I don't have a Wii Zapper, so a gun would come in handy. But on the other hand, if the game would be priced at +- €30, I could have Ghost Squad + Wii Zapper (not a cheap knock-off) + Link's Crossbow Training for the same price.

And what if you already have a Wii Zapper? Puzzling...:confused:

I smell an easy moneymaking scheme...

I've played with the Wii Zapper for a while. It's a fun little thing, but Im not really missing it. It's more like a machine gun, which you hold right at the height of your chest.

I'd rather have that arcade style feel and aim with my eyes behind the gun. That's why im looking forward to the Nyko Perfect Shot. The Nunchuk in the Zapper design isnt very comfy IMO, so i'd rather not get that bundle. Gimme Ghost Squad for 30 euros (never gonna happen, unless it's in the discount bin), with or without the gun. I'll use something else anyway.

Btw, isn't it frustrating to see the supposedly 'budget' titles still sell for 35 ~ 40 euro? It's crazy! Crazy i tell you!

If you want to get highscores TURN THE RETICULE OFF!!!!! you don't need it anyway!!!

May try the perfect shot, is out now?

If you want to get highscores TURN THE RETICULE OFF!!!!! you don't need it anyway!!!

May try the perfect shot, is out now?

The bonus you get for having the reticlue turned off doesn't seem worth it I play with the rreticule on and I am ranking 4th in the regional rankings (UK or Europe I don;t know) and 31st in the world.

My name on there is MAC, my intials.

But surely at that level ANY bonus is better, no? Eventually you really can ping everyone and it's more satisfying when you do

But surely at that level ANY bonus is better, no? Eventually you really can ping everyone and it's more satisfying when you do

That's my point though, at that level the bonus of having the reticule off really doesn't seem to outweigh the increaed accuracy of having it on!

Just wanted to bump this thread and ask anyone if they've got tips for high scores on this? The best in the world is nearly 1.4 million, but I'm nowhere near! What am I doing wrong?

The bonus you get for having the reticlue turned off doesn't seem worth it I play with the rreticule on and I am ranking 4th in the regional rankings (UK or Europe I don;t know) and 31st in the world.

I'm guessing you took the week off work then? ;)

'Nowhere near' to '31st in the world' in less than a week is impressive. Which gun do you use?

That's my point though, at that level the bonus of having the reticule off really doesn't seem to outweigh the increaed accuracy of having it on!

Well I'm No. 1, Hawke is another pseudonym of mine. I intend to go back and get No. 3 in the world but with Fire Emblem coming out, I can't see myself doing that anytime soon.

It's better if you're a Marshal and have the reticule off! How else did I get such a high score? As for mission levels, level 8 for 1, level 4 for 2, and level 6 for 8 are the best. Make sure you get all 5 SUCCESSes in missions 1 and 3 that includes the H2H bits. Actually, there is so much to tell you, I don't have the time currently. I've recently set up a clan at officialnintendomagazine.co.uk (still can't post urls) in the Nintendo Online Gaming thread. It's for ALL online Wii games, including Ghost Squad.

Drop me a PM if you any questions, either about a game you might be stuck on or about the clan :) .