NEurope
Hellfire

Ghost Squad Wii

Ghost Squad was an arcade shooter like Virtua Cop. Acording to this link

a version of the arcade game will be coming for Wii.

- 4 game modes: training, "special", multiplayer and arcade

- online mode

- 25 weapons

ghostsquad.gif

game_guncon2.jpg

^A lightgun game is kind of drastically different from a fps. I assume this is on rails.

Well actually that's a point, is this another rails shooter? If so then I assume online multiplayer is simply online co-op.

Sounds pretty interesting anyway, at least now if Umbrella Chronicles lacks multiplayer then thankfully one "light gun" shooter at least has it.

WOOHOO! I played this in the arcade the other week, and it was awesome!

EDIT: Yeah it's on-rails. The co-op mode is brilliant, you can take different paths or do something other than what your mate is doing like freeing hostages whilst the other provides cover fire and shoots terrorists. Online co-op would be fabulous.

Wow! I love this game, a must have buy! I've played it on the arcade loads, it's great. Now come on Sega, where is HotD and Virtua Cop compilations!!!

The best part of this news-story is the fact that the port is being handled by AM2! :heh:

Take into account that they have no previous experience with the GC/Wii architecture, so they are learning how to deal with it now, and that opens doors for other games coming from them :drools:

I'm looking forward to this. (and any other title coming from AM2)

An online FPS for Wii? about time!

Anyway, I'm happy :D Hopefully they'l make it good because i love light gun games.

Yai! I am obsessed with light gun games at the arcades so I'm glad to see one finally announced for the Wii. Roll on all the other arcade ports..

GAF says online is highscore swapping only.

I'll look for sauce now.

Oh fuck yes, I've played the arcade version and it was bloody sweet. I won't be happy until they've released a full blown assualt-rifle shell to go with it though.

Oh yes lightgun games ftw.

Ninty should bring out an optional "true" lightgun. That would increase the fun quite a bit I guess.

The best part of this news-story is the fact that the port is being handled by AM2! :heh:

Take into account that they have no previous experience with the GC/Wii architecture, so they are learning how to deal with it now, and that opens doors for other games coming from them :drools:

I'm looking forward to this. (and any other title coming from AM2)

Actually AM2 has touched upon the Gamecube, remember Beach Spikers. Fun game.

beach-spiker_packshot.jpg

Actually AM2 has touched upon the Gamecube, remember Beach Spikers. Fun game.

beach-spiker_packshot.jpg

Yep, noticed that a hour ago or so while browing through their published games, they also did 18-Wheeler (DC port) and Virtua Quest (multiplatform).

But still that's little experience with the system, and too early on it's life cycle too. I bet they wouldn't consider to develop for the system just based on that now.

Now all i want i point blank NAMCO!

Oh I hear ya there. Although I have friends who I would have to lock out of the house, for fear of them camping in front of the Wii should that be released ;)

Hoorah! Imagine Virtua Cop, but better and you get Ghost Squad. I lost a ton of money on it, it's a pretty good game. Everyone buy it and force them to make more.

Yay!

GAF says online is highscore swapping only.

Boo.

I just hope it's arcade perfect, or better still a little tweaked. This will get my money. I think this and RE:UC will open the door for many many more light gun games.

Press release says only 3 missions.. Fine for arcades but not home consoles in my opinion.

The smash arcade title with light gun combat comes to the Wii™.

The Ghost Squad is a Special Forces unit established in strict secrecy by the U.N. to combat terrorism and carry out special highly-classified missions without leaving a trace. As an elite member of the Ghost Squad, players will complete dangerous missions such as eliminating terrorist groups, releasing hostages, deactivating bombs, and even rescuing the US President when terrorists hijack Air Force One! Using the Wii Remote™, players will utilize revolutionary selectable weapons including a high powered rifle, sub machine and shot gun, or even engage in hand-to-hand combat.

KEY FEATURES:

4 gameplay modes – Includes the full arcade version of Ghost Squad, a Multiplayer mode for 1-4 players and more

3 dangerous missions to complete - with multiple levels that increase in difficulty as the player progresses. Players will also unlock a variety of alternate routes, different player choice scenarios, and secret weapons and costumes. Time of day for certain missions can also be effected

Alone or with up to three squad mates, players will rescue hostages, apprehend suspects and deactivate bombs as you eliminate terrorist threats around the world

25 different tactical weapons to unlock and use during operations

Special assistance devices such as night vision, thermo vision and a flashlight will ensure that the operation is a success

One of the first light gun games to make the leap from the arcades to the Wii – using only the Wii Remote

Yes, but now I'm not slowly haemorrhaging my life savings to complete them.

Now just need to spruce up the graphics to an acceptable level

It just looks pretty much same as coin-op. Graphically it isn't anything special, but it is fun game overall. :)

These are the kind of games that don't need amazing graphics. Fast paced online fun.

Looking forward to this, just hope it doesn't mean that we'll be getting a wave of on-rail shooters though, the Wiimote was made for FPS's!