NEurope
Cube

Chocobo’s Mysterious Dungeon

The one thing that has captured my interest though are the job classes. There are so many with a lot more abilities, which is cool. But I feel this will be one of those games where you play through a whole lot of boredom just to get to the good bits, like the two Pokemon games for Gamecube.

Do expect anything else from a review of a dungeon crawler by Gamerankings and Gamespot?

I'm not worried... this is one I want to read from user in forums... not reviews. Such as Mistery Dungeon, I'm looking forward to it :)

You are right, but personally I usually find Gametrailers to be pretty spot on with their reviews. I'll still be looking out for other reviews and opinions because maybe they didn't quite understand how Chocobo's Dungeon is meant to work. I have to say though, their negative points looked to be pretty valid. :(

I've played since its release in America, loved it to death. Unlike other rogue type games, you don't have to raise your levels up as if it was the only way to beat the game. By utilizing jobs and abilities, and actually thinking which other games in the genre severely lack, you can beat the game out.

Another thing I really liked about it was the variety of dungeons. Many of them are not simple such as, "Beat all thirty floors, lol, good luck". Many of them are objective types, like beating ten floors with Chocobo having only one HP, none of your equipment/items, and being blinded. It really adds a new level of depth overall.

That and the music massive ass. FF fans will enjoy that one quite a bit.

I would give the game somewhere between a 7 or an 8. Considering this is the only GOOD RPG for the Wii (for the time being), you can't go wrong.

From Gonintendo

London (9th September 2008) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces FINAL FANTASY® FABLES: Chocobo’s Dungeon®, featuring a loveable cast of Chocobo and his friends will be available across Europe and PAL territories on October 31st 2008, exclusively on Wii™.

Veteran character designer Toshiyuki Itahana delivers a uniquely compelling visual world in which a cast of beloved FINAL FANTASY characters lead players through an immersive storyline. With a carefully crafted narrative and a grand mystery to unravel, FINAL FANTASY FABLES: Chocobo’s Dungeon will captivate gamers of all ages.

Players of all ages and skill levels will appreciate everything FINAL FANTASY FABLES: Chocobo’s Dungeon has to offer, from the intuitive Wii controls and adorable characters, to the intricate story and versatile job system. Throughout the game Chocobo will take on famous job classes from the FINAL FANTASY franchise such as black mage, knight, and scholar. Players can unlock more jobs as they progress through the game. The ever-changing dungeons and unexpected twists and turns offer hours of engrossing gameplay, as players explore the newest adventure in one of the world’s most popular RPG franchises.

Hmm, I'm still not totally convinced about this one. I'll have to see how I'm fixed for games come Halloween and throughout the winter.

So this comes out pretty soon and it's only £25. Looks pretty tempting to be honest though I don't know if I've really got time for it, what with stupid amounts of other games to get....we'll see!

Anyone else getting it? Also, i thought this game was getting good reviews. what are the nagtives people are talking about?