NEurope
Cube

Chocobo’s Mysterious Dungeon

thumb_img_27645_5676175_0.jpg

Revealed at the Square-Enix Party Pre-Conference Meeting.

What is known:

- It's a Chocobo Game

- It's also a Mysterious Dungeon game

- It's on Wii

- It's made by Square-Enix.

thumb_img_27645_5676175_0.jpg

Revealed at the Square-Enix Party Pre-Conference Meeting.

What is known:

- It's a Chocobo Game

- It's also a Mysterious Dungeon game

- It's on Wii

- It's made by Square-Enix.

Ooo, goody.

*cough*

So a Chocobo game with randomly generated dungeons? Chuck in an online co-op and I'll consider....

Aren't the mystery dungeon franchise that crappy range of games that were japan only until the pokemon version came out.

This is will be shit for merely being a mystery dungeon title.

Yup, this is totally only what Wii gamers want.

No indepth RPG's but random dungeon generators with included Chocobos and no doubt the odd moogle here or there!

Thanks alots Square Enix! Assholes.

Thanks alots Square Enix! Assholes.

Well, previous installments have sold over million copies on PSX / PS2 on japan alone. It is very important title for Square-Enix even if it doesn't feature generic 16-years old emo swordsman with mysterious past, blonde shirtless guy, and beautiful healer gal who is shy and fells with love with aforementioned generic 16-year old swordsman. :)

Well, previous installments have sold over million copies on PSX / PS2 on japan alone. It is very important title for Square-Enix even if it doesn't feature generic 16-years old emo swordsman with mysterious past, blonde shirtless guy, and beautiful healer gal who is shy and fells with love with aforementioned generic 16-year old swordsman. :)

hahahaha, I don;t know why people make such a fuss over Final Fantasy. It's nothing to get your knickers in a twist over. Give me Resident Evil or MGS over FF any day.

It just seems like a kick in the chops though, I mean its obvious I love FF.

Looking in retrospec in 2 years time, we got this and Ps3 got FFXIII.

They may have sold quite a few but that doesn't exclude the fact they are piss poor cash ins. I just don't want it to turn out that Wii ends up being the 'Piss poor cash in console' Home to all your large franchise's shitty spinoff needs.

It just seems like a kick in the chops though, I mean its obvious I love FF.

Looking in retrospec in 2 years time, we got this and Ps3 got FFXIII.

They may have sold quite a few but that doesn't exclude the fact they are piss poor cash ins. I just don't want it to turn out that Wii ends up being the 'Piss poor cash in console' Home to all your large franchise's shitty spinoff needs.

Looking in retrospect we got Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles 2 and PS3 got FFXIII. To be honest I'm confident Kingdom Hearts III and Dragon Quest X are going to be on Wii anyway so I don't think you should be slagging off these guys. FF:CC 2 looks awesome, one of the first third parties to extract some more power out the Wii's hardware.

As for this game, it looks a bit 'meh', but it's another game and will no doubt be a hit in Japan. Square clearly want to get the Japanese market to buy the Wii, as it'd be a great console for them to develope on, and this is the second step in doing so. (Dragon Quest Swords is first).

It looks pretty good judging from the screens. I hope they'll release it here in Europe too. Of course it's not exactly as big as ff13, but I'm not really looking forward to that anymore anyway. I think I'll stick with the ds remakes when it comes to new ff's.

According to Famitsu:

-Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon -winter
Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178270

Looks like Square-Enix wants their share this christmas, shame it won't come out of Japan this year though.

Also... seems like the full title for this game is: Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon: The City of Forgotten Time. (whatever that means)

Scans:

4plulhw.jpg

53ucq6u.jpg

5xii0ky.jpg

631q3xt.jpg

click to enlarge [1] [2] [3] [4]

Beautiful, WANT :grin:

EDIT:

The game will star both Final Fantasy icons Chocobo and Cid as they enter into The City of Forgotten Time, where the people have lost their memories. Through the creation of The Labyrinth of Memories by a young boy named Raphael, the two will help bring back memories of these people. The game will have randomly generated dungeons of two types. One in which players will need to explore The Labyrinth of Memories and collect people's memories, and the other is a more traditional dungeon where a boss fight awaits players at the end.

One of the new features in the game is the job system, allowing your Chocobo to choose from various classes such as white mage and black mage. For those familiar with Final Fantasy, each class have their unique abilities such as casting spells and so forth. You can also increase the job level and become proficient in that class. There will be around 10 different classes in which players can choose from.

Players will be able to use the Wiimote either in horizontal or vertical position, although the latter is the recommended method of playing the game. The nunchuk is not needed so you can essentially play the game with one hand as well.

Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon: Labyrinth of Forgotten Time is slated for a winter release in Japan.

Source: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161810

The character design in this game looks surprisingly appealing, which Square guy is making it?
I have no clue I'm afraid :X

I'd bet on the guy who did character designs for FF tactics though. (or FFCC)

The guy with the hat and glasses looks cool. Though I wonder what he thinks he'll get out of a conversation with a chocobo.

New scans:

67fs2np.jpg

4q5q149.jpg

click to enlarge [1] [2]

:heh:

The guy with the hat and glasses looks cool. Though I wonder what he thinks he'll get out of a conversation with a chocobo.
Money? fried bird for dinner?

I simply can't stop liking the art... I might get this game, even though I dislike dungeon crawlers ever since Evolution Worlds.