NEurope
Slaggis

2 pints of lager and a packet of crisps

Two Pints Of Lager is one of the more simpler sitcoms. It only works on a couple of levels - vulgarity and pop culture references - which make for a much less layered programme that gets old very quickly. It's a very easy show to watch if nothing else is on, but I don't find it funny in the slightest. Passable light entertainment really. BBC Three should get it's ass into gear and stop filling up the schedules with it.

I'd agree a bit with Hobbizinio, I'm Alan Partridge is certainly the best British sitcom, The Office is just decent observational comedy though and I resent the fact that it started the whole "cringe comedy" fad.

I really, really hate that fad.

And after the likes of Spaced and Black Books, nothing from birtain will ever be really good. Shows will always seem "ok" when compared to those two.

And Black Adder.

And Black Adder.

Yup, you are indeed extremely correct. In fact, I dare say Adder is even better than Spaced and B. Books.

Yup, you are indeed extremely correct. In fact, I dare say Adder is even better than Spaced and B. Books.

Woah, woah, woah, lets not go crazy here. Although Blackadder is genius Black Books is the only comedy to have me in hysterics no matter how many times I watch it. The "Grapes of Wrath" episode in particular causes uncontrollable laughter. "You need to come and do something about this mess, I mean I'm currently eating scrambled egg from a shoe with a comb."

As for Two Pints, it just seems to be the lightest and most throw away form of comedy, which is probably why it's lasted so long. Good, but nothing special and never very memorable.

If you're a big fan of Two Pints, it's not surprising that you don't find The Office funny.

lol, 2 pints is the lowest form of comedy, the Office is sublime observational comedy.

alan patridge, the office > ur favourite british comedy sitcom

I'm Alan Partridge is the most awesome sitcom ever. It's just wonderful.

u shud check out the knowing me, knowing you (the dvd is out) shows as well... freakin hilarious lol :D

I have them all on VHS, I've been a major fan for years. The Knowing me Knowing Yule Christmas special is a personal favorite!

God i love 2 pints. Such an awesome programme :D

I loved the xmas special they did a few years back (the musical). THe blowjob song was amazing lol.

coupling > 2 pints

No need to go stating the obvious, captain obvious. Coupling is a whole different sit of com. Truly marvellous stuff. I should watch some soon.

Coupling was great, as I watched it when I was 15-16, so I learnt a lot about sex :heh:

I would have to say Black Books is the best recent traditional comedy (i.e with a studio audience), while Alan Partridge, Peep Show and Extras are my favourite 'not filmed with a studio audience' type comedy.

I have Spaced S1 on DVD, and while I love the refrences in it, I hardly found myself laughing along with it....

Alan Partridge is made of major win.

Anyway, BBC3=2 Pints of lager 22/7

From the limited amount of it I have seen, the show seems alright but nothing special. Doesn't seem like the sort of thing I would go out of my way to watch.