NEurope
flameboy

Simpsons Game Countdown

Would it kill them to let me have the option of buying those posters?

Here is the official press release. I have taken out a vital peice of information. Rest is hidden in a spoiler tag for your viewing pleasure.

Under development by EA’s Redwood Shores Studio, THE SIMPSONS GAME is scheduled for release in Fall 2007 for the PLAYSTATION®3, PlayStation®2, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS.

REDWOOD SHORES, Calif.-(Business Wire)-May 9, 2007 - Electronic Arts Inc., (NASDAQ:ERTS) today announced the upcoming release of THE SIMPSONS GAME (working title). Created in partnership with Gracie Films and Twentieth Century Fox Television and Twentieth Century Fox Licensing and Merchandising, THE SIMPSONS GAME features a hilarious, sprawling, and mind-busting storyline crafted by the TV show’s Emmy Award-winning writers. The action-comedy will also feature the full cast of voice actors from the TV show who will reprise their roles for the game.

In THE SIMPSONS GAME, Homer, Marge, Bart, and Lisa use exciting, all-new powers to save the world from rising chaos. To help the Simpsons, gamers at home must journey through all of Springfield (as well as vast worlds beyond!), vanquish an amazing array of villains, and fight their way through parodies of multiple popular games.

“Our goal in developing THE SIMPSONS GAME is to create the most original game ever, which is a lofty goal and only possible given the close collaboration with ‘The Simpsons’ creative team,” said Scot Amos, Executive Producer of the project. “We’re also especially proud of the game’s warm visual feel, which captures - for the first time ever in a game - the look of the TV show.” Added Amos, “As Comic Book Guy says, ‘Best. Simpsons Game. Ever!’”

“The EA group was so enormously talented and beyond belief energetic that I am thinking of suing for second hand exhaustion,” said James L. Brooks, Executive Producer of “The Simpsons.”

Under development by EA’s Redwood Shores Studio, THE SIMPSONS GAME is scheduled for release in Fall 2007 for the PLAYSTATION®3, PlayStation®2, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS.

It looks quite nice in motion, and one thing I have in my mind is its supposed to mock the games EA publish, so why have they got "Grand Theft Scratchy"

Woah they've really done a good job on the cell shaded graphics there. Looks lovely in motion. The actual gameplay looks a bit simple though and I was hoping for a fully explorable springfield rather than a level based platformer.

Sounds pretty cool, not what I was expecting it will be interesting to see how the various modes play out on the Wii and see how much attention they pay to each individual type of game and how much they think about the Wii controls. Whether we will see any genre defining control schemes that will inspire other companies to make fully fletched titles using such schemes.

EDIT

After watching the video I think I may have misunderstood this...

In THE SIMPSONS GAME, Homer, Marge, Bart, and Lisa use exciting, all-new powers to save the world from rising chaos. To help the Simpsons, gamers at home must journey through all of Springfield (as well as vast worlds beyond!), vanquish an amazing array of villains, and fight their way through parodies of multiple popular games

You see when it said it parodied I thought it meant actually like one platformer level, one FPS level etc...

OO sounds pretty good. Hit and run was pretty good imo. Hope this lives up.

The graphics might not be carp because things like this...

http://uk.media.wii.ign.com/media/842/842199/img_4501297.html

...give me hope

lol ur obsessed with Harry Potter ain't ya?

Never played Hit and Run, but I really do fancy pikin it up one day. I like the idea that they are gonna be spoofing EA's own games in this, and Medal of Homer poster rules! A possible mini-game prehaps?

No, I dont like harry potter but the graphics are good.

It looks awful. The bullshot pictures are nice, in-game images are horrid.

A tech question: Does the cartoon outline effect use much processing power? Can it be compared to something else in system abuse?

This is looking very promosing so far, although if I do get it I'll buy it for Xbox 360.

A tech question: Does the cartoon outline effect use much processing power? Can it be compared to something else in system abuse?

I think the PS2 could do those graphics quite easily - I think more effort is needed from the developers than the system for the graphics in this game. (Unless is has loads of fancy effects that would look out-of-place in the game).

Most graphics hardware has hardware acceleration for cel-shading meaning it's virtually no hit on the processing capacity. I believe only the Xbox 1 had to do some extra calculation, but even so, it's not a terribly heavy algorithm so it had no problems with it.

That looks exactly like a Simpsons game should, much better than Hit & Run. I hope the Wii version will be able to recreate that.

According to the E3 trailer, it's on all platforms ever!

[ATTACH]1207[/ATTACH]

Wicked I better dig my Vic-20 out from my folks attic. :awesome: