NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Britprog

Check out this guy Rev Controller Mock-up

I came across this post on one of the other forums I read.

This poster managed make up a controller that would work like the Revo Controller using a Gyration Ultra mouse and ASCII grip one handed PS1 controller. He played Half Life 2 Deathmatch on it and it worked.

Its very cool, click here to download the vid. (no sound).

Click link if you want to see the actual tread.

The guy has also posted on IGN.

It's now downloading....very slowly........................................................................................................................................................................................ WOOT 3%!

Hmmmmmmmmm, to me it looks like it's very hard to aim. I hope it's just that the guy sucks at aiming.

Hmmmmmmmmm, to me it looks like it's very hard to aim. I hope it's just that the guy sucks at aiming.

I don't think it will be a problem on the final Revo controller, Remember this is Nintendo, not Sony.

I think its really cool that the guy managed to get it to work on the PC.

Kudos to Tsietisin!!!

I don't think it will be a problem on the final Revo controller

I was just thinking though, movment in your body is natural. If your aiming with one hand, isn't the small movements/shakes from your arm going to mess up with the aiming? For example, you have a sniper rifle zoomed in on this guy/chick and your aiming for his head/the chains tying her up. As you fire, the vibrations from the controller make your hand move. Even though it's still a small movement, that aiming had to be spot on. Whoops! Missed the guy, and now he's running at me with explosives/missed the chains and shot the girl in the breast. I'm struggling to think how Nintendo can fix this.

I was just thinking though, movment in your body is natural. If your aiming with one hand, isn't the small movements/shakes from your arm going to mess up with the aiming? For example, you have a sniper rifle zoomed in on this guy/chick and your aiming for his head/the chains tying her up. As you fire, the vibrations from the controller make your hand move. Even though it's still a small movement, that aiming had to be spot on. Whoops! Missed the guy, and now he's running at me with explosives/missed the chains and shot the girl in the breast. I'm struggling to think how Nintendo can fix this.

If there is one company that can sort it out, its Nintendo. Imagine life without Z Targeting.

Maybe they will have different levels of accuracy, or an semi automatic lock on system like Metriod.

God Knows (Miyamoto that is) :wink:

Kind of like the movement you had when zooming in with the sniper rifle on Goldeneye that would be awful and wouldnt add the tiniest bit of depth skill or realism to a game.

The whole point of the Revo controller is natural hand movement so if theres a sniper game in the works, keeping your aim steady will be a natural part of the game and add to the challenge. Unless you have Diazepam pills on hand like Snake uses in MGS.

I just hope that Nintendo adds a sensitivity option, like in all FPS games.

/sens 1,65 for teh w1n.

Hey, this topic has been posted as main news article on this website.

I bet it will be all over the Internet tomorrow.

Double Kudos to Tsietisin for his work.

This is comparing it to the Mouse and keyboard on the computer... dont do that!. Whos is to say that a slightly wobly gun isnt a good thing? i mean surely that is more realistic right?.

In realy life there is no way you can hold things as completely still as you do in those PC FPS's

Sign in to follow this