NEurope
Eddage

Football Season 05/06

I think we should have a World Cup board like we did last time, I don't want to stick to one thread.

Well at least England now get a better keeper in Carson as 3rd choice and Barnsley got promoted yesterday Yippee.

I think we should have a World Cup board like we did last time, I don't want to stick to one thread.

Don't worry it'll probably happen soon.

Well at least England now get a better keeper in Carson as 3rd choice and Barnsley got promoted yesterday Yippee.

You are joking. Carson is nothing compared to Green. Its true you always remember the worst in people. He was amazing two seasons ago when Norwich won the old Division 1, he wasn't bad in the Premier League. This season he hasn't been so sharp, nor would you if you had that terrible defence in front of you.

I'm a dedicated oxford united supporter. During my life i've seen oxford relegated 4 times and they are now in the conference, when only 20 years ago they won the league cup and were going to go into europe (until english clubs were banned from europe thanks to LIVERPOOL).

I just thought i would express my sorrow, but i will of course go and watch them next season when they storm the conference. Oxford TID

..new Liverpool Home and Away kits (I think) if anyones interested..

df_1_b.JPG

97_1_b.JPG

***There is every chance these are fake.. I have noticed many different designs on the internet (especially a really cool white and green European Away kit which would be brilliant if real)***

wonder if all the adidas manufactured kits will all share a similar design like the nike ones previously.

New Arsenal kit should be interesting, thank god its now red and white again :smile: And woo July 22nd = Dennis Bergkamps testimonial, 1st game at the Emirates Stadium. Going to be a great day.

mainhomeshirt0607main050320060.jpg

Hahaha, Boa Morte looks like he's thinking exactly the same as me about the new Fulham strip.

Sweet fulham shirt. Got holes in the sleeves on the long sleeve version. That Am Woo. Like the home liverpool adidas shirt, not so sure about the away one though.

only 20 years ago they won the league cup and were going to go into europe (until english clubs were banned from europe thanks to LIVERPOOL).

Please get your facts right before you make posts like that :mad: Do you actually know what happened at Heysel?

Oh and those Liverpool shirts are fakes, they've been doing the rounds for months.

Away Liverpool shirt looks awful. But they look fake as well so...you know....

Glad to see that Arsenal are gonna be going back to the traditional red and white strip....can't wait to see what it looks like, will definately be getting one for next season...maybe Rosicky on the back, number 10????

Im still pissed you guys got Rosicky, and he signed for you guys about 2 weeks ago!!!!!

Please get your facts right before you make posts like that :mad: Do you actually know what happened at Heysel?

Don't know if anyone can be sure of exact details unless they were there really.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/championsleague200405/story/0,,1450632,00.html

Attitudes to Heysel remain equivocal on Merseyside, in part because the events were never subject to detailed scrutiny. There has never been an extensive inquiry, perhaps conveniently given the chaos and inadequacy of the police response on that night. Debate over the details continues. Many accounts, including the club's version on its website, cite missile throwing by Italian fans as the spark for violence, a claim contested by other eye-witnesses, but the broad facts are uncontested.

Uefa selected a dilapidated venue for the 1985 final and allocated block Z at the predominantly Liverpool end to "neutral" fans. These tickets were sold to Italian immigrants and Belgians, who were separated from their rivals by a chicken-wire fence and a line of reluctant, inexperienced police. Liverpool fans breached the fence and charged. Juventus supporters retreated until they were forced against a retaining wall that collapsed, killing 38 Italians and a Belgian. There followed the most shocking scenes witnessed even in the dark days of the 80s, as Liverpool fans rampaged, Juve's supporters who had breached their end retaliated, and the overwhelmed police struggled to regain order.

Even so, BlueStar, to simply call Liverpool supporters 'murdering scum' etc. is out of order. While we may never no exactly what happened, it is certain that UEFA, the Belgian authorities, the police, and the Juventus supporters all had a part to play in the chaos. Sorry but attitudes like that just annoy me :mad:

And the decision to ban English clubs from Europe? That's a rant for another day.

I comepletely agree, football fans aren't one homogenous group and you can't expect people to be held accountable for the actions of people who happen to support the same team. But I don't think anyone's saying liverpool fans are murdering scum in this thread. There were definitely other factors, unsafe stadium, inept policing, debatably provocation. So it's possibly over simplistic to just say that the ban was because of liverpool fans. But if it wasn't for an element within their support, it wouldn't have happened. Saying that, it could have been any group of any team's fans, including a minority of idiots, in that situation.

When ever we take injured players to the World Cup, they do shit. Bryan Robson, Italia 90. Beckham 2002 and Rooney will be the same 2006

HARRY KEWELL has had a haircut, I repeat he's had his haircut. about time Harry.

0,10114,5160740,00.jpg

You do realise that there's a different thread for the new football season don't you? I dread to think how far back you went to bring this one back.

Edit:here ya go