NEurope
Eddage

Football Season 05/06

Thought I'd start up another Football season 05/06 thread (the third one hence the Mk. III :heh: )...

Gutted about the news that Heinze could be out for the rest of the season with cruciate knee ligaments, he is arguably United's best defender, also pissed off with Wayne Ronney for an insanely riduculous sending off, he apparently swore at the ref as well as mocking him!

Oh well, at least Arsenal are playing rubbish football :grin:

I was pleased Rooney got sent off because he is a fat t**t, and I hate him. I think Sven should drop purely because he is an idiot.

Arsenal got 3 points in the Champions League, which is good news, regardless of how well we played. Chelsea have played crap in games this season and got a win and been applauded for it, so I reckon Arsenal regardless of whether it should have been an easy win should be applauded for winning while playing rubbish.

Went to see Watford vs Norwich the other day, great game, Watford won. 3rd in the league when everyone said they'd get relagated, come on you 'orns!

Yeah I didn't think Heinze's injury was gonna be that bad at first. Not sure who'll come in for him, O'Shea is already at right-back covering for Neville, so my guess is Richardson.

Any predictions for Sundays game against Liverpool? I've got a feeling it might be 2-1 (to United of course!) Rooney to get at least one

Big game Liverpool v Manure (ho ho ho) on sunday, Liverpool are gonna pack the midfield and hopes for a fluky goal.

Nooooo! Heinze better not be out for the rest of the season! He is my favourite defender at the club, and i just love watching him. He's having it rough at united, in terms of injuries. This just isn't fair on him. :sad:

Van Persie is only getting a 1 match ban!

He kicks a player in the face, so he needs stiches around both eyes, and Rooney claps and gets a 3 game ban! Where's the logic in that?

I do think Wayne deserved to get sent off, but it's been totally blown out of proportion.

And Gabby's injury is very bad news :hmm:

Hopefully Richardson, and then Fortune/O'shea can do half decent there..

Edit: Fierce_Link, I'm pretty sure Heinze has been amazingly fit for us since he's signed. He's played pretty much every game, and has played in the south american tourney, whatever it's called.. each pre season for argentina. He might have done too much really..

Rooney needs to learn. He can't keep having stupid tantrums like that just because things aren't going his way.

I'm going to Blackburn on Sunday to watch the Toon. I can see Bellamy scoring past us! Hope not though!! 1-2 to Newcastle:yes:

yeah Heinze did his cruciate ligament.

Why is Van Persie only getting a 1 match ban? I thought it was 3 matches for a straight red, and just one for two yellows

Being a gooner myself, I gotta admit that arsenal haven't been playing their best. And with the news of Henry being out for 6 weeks, doesn't look good for us.

BUT, I don't think we're gonna be struggling that much. As soon as we string a couple of wins together and raise the team spirit and confidence, we'll be fine. The people moaning about arsenal's recent performances probably only supported us cos of our unbeaten run and now that we are in a bit of trouble, they fear the worst.

Van Persie's challenge was clearly un-intentional, he is watching the ball all the time. Rooney on the other hand was being a sarcastic idiot, you don't argue with the ref, you don't swear at or mock the ref. He deserves the ban.

Van Persie is only getting a 1 match ban!

Edit: Fierce_Link, I'm pretty sure Heinze has been amazingly fit for us since he's signed. He's played pretty much every game, and has played in the south american tourney, whatever it's called.. each pre season for argentina. He might have done too much really..

My post was in reference to the FA Cup final, which he missed because of a nasty injury (it was the final, wasnt it?)

And now, he's looking to be missing the rest of the season. So, when i say he had it bad, i meant for 2 reasons:

1. The fa cup final, which would've been his final with united, and because it was a massive game.

2. United are in-form this season, and he's one of our best players. We are going for an assault on the title, and we might not have him playing. :(

Although, i do believe he has worked himself hard. He plays in so many internationals. I do feel really gutted for him. :sad:

Well Mido's sending off sucked the most, Damn you Rob Styles, DAMN YOU! He was protecting Del horno, not attacking him you ass! ASS!

*spleen vented*

Well predictions for this weeks game. Here are the fixtures:

Saturday

Charlton v Chelsea

Verdict: 0-1

Fulham v West Ham

Verdict: 1-1

Portsmouth v Birmingham

Verdict: 1-2

Sunderland v West Brom

Aston Villa v Tottenham

Verdict: 2-2

Sunday

Liverpool v Man Utd

Blackburn v Newcastle

Wigan v Middlesbrough

Man City v Bolton

Verdict: 2-1

Monday

Arsenal v Everton

Verdict: 3-0 :yes:

I'm going to Blackburn on Sunday to watch the Toon. I can see Bellamy scoring past us! Hope not though!! 1-2 to Newcastle:yes:

Let's hope so, then we can all laugh heartily at graeme souness some more :hehe:

Oh, also, Celtic play Hibs on sunday, and my tickets have not yet arrived, one more day of hoping they arrive in the post :hmm:

Newcastle had better win, I really like their team. Luque's injury sucks, but I have to say that I could never get tired of watching Steven Taylor twatting himself on the post :hehe:

Newcastle had better win, I really like their team. Luque's injury sucks, but I have to say that I could never get tired of watching Steven Taylor twatting himself on the post :hehe:

Oww! That looked very painful didn't it! It's a shame because we have alot of injuries at the moment. When everyone is fit and ready I think we will be a good team.

I hope West Brom stuff the mackems :grin:

You've gotta laugh at Everton. They were going for the Champions League but ended up in the UEFA cup and now it looks like their out of that. HA.

I think Liverpool have got a good chance of winning on Sunday. Only problem is that we still seem to have trouble playing well in the Premiership and tend to do well in Europe, we need to get both.

I think Liverpool have got a good chance of winning on Sunday. Only problem is that we still seem to have trouble playing well in the Premiership and tend to do well in Europe, we need to get both.

I reckon United will be fired up after a dissapointing 0-0 draw on Wednesday and really take the game to Liverpool, I suppose if United can't grab a goal then Liverpool might knick one on the counter attack but other than that I can't see anything but a United win, 2-0 for me.

Sorry, too busy as a Wigan Athletic fan to care about the trials and tribulations of the big clubs in the Premiership :wink:

Paul Jewell spoke out today saying a lot of Premiership clubs are too busy churning out boring draws in matches because they're scared of getting relegated and losing a lot of money. I say let these primadonnas play in the Conference! Give them a good scrap - I bet a lot of those players like Wayne Rooney and Jermaine Defoe wouldn't last five minutes before they're in A&E!

My favourite Latics player is Jason Roberts - a high-profile striker with a decent strike rate, but also the Latics spokesman for Kick Racism Out Of Football and for the environment.

Everybody... [to the tune of Pigbag] #duh-duh-duduh .... JASON ROBERTS duh-duh-duduh...#

Am watching the Villa vs. Spurs match. Villa are 1-0 up within 5 mins thanks to Milner. They could have been 2 up, but the keeper saved well. Villa are dominating.

Charlton 0-2 Chelsea

Fulham 1-2 West Ham

Portsmouth 1-1 Birmingham

Sunderland 1-1 West Brom

Anyone feeling sorry for Sunderland? They were seconds away from their first win since December 2002. The other promoted teams seem to have adjusted to the Premiership better, especially West Ham, who picked up another 3 points today.