NEurope
Eddage

Football Season 05/06

I'm sick of this argument about it being a disgrace that Arsenal have no English players in their regular team recently. Since when has a player's nationalitiy determined whether they're a good player or not? When signing players Wenger goes for players because of the football they play, not what country they are.

And anyway its not like we haven't given English players a chance. We got Pennant,Bentley and Upson, but neither were good enough for our team's standard and therefore didn't make it. Its not our fault if English youngsters aren't as good as other youngsters Wenger knows of right now.

I'd rather he field at least one English player, a young'un for at least 10 minutes, let them get some experience. Rather than none at all. Get Theo Walcott on the field for a while, let him get some more experience of Premiership football. There are some young English players who are either out on loan or not playing at all.

Also, you're right about Pennant and Upson not being good enough for your team's "standard" and Bentley has found his place at Blackburn.

So you think its so important to play an English player for 10 minutes just for the sake of it although the only thing on our mind is winning the game, so we make decisons based on that regardless of what nationality the players are. And anyway Walcott will be given a chance when Wenger thinks the time is right.

I'm talking about when the game is wrapped up. When you know you'll win. Did Wenger put on some young players when you were kicking the shit out of the Villa squad, that was a good opportunity for some younger players to get some playing time.

Anyway, wtf, I was talking about the Champions' League Final the first time around, when Arsenal might be playing for English pride like Liverpool last year. When a team gets into the final, they're not just playing for the club, they're playing for themselves, and like Gerrard and Carragher, they were playing for England.

I was talking about fielding Ashley Cole and Sol Campbell in European competition, the Premiership I couldn't give two fucks about. As long as there is some English-ness in the starting XI in the final, I'll be happy.

I don't know why we're talking about the final now. You've gotta get past Villarreal first.

Well for a start Ashley Cole and Sol Campbell would be playing each game had Ashley not been injured and Sol had an emotional breakdown [Although i'm sure many could argue that Senderos deserves to keep his place].

I totally disagree with you about if we get to the final we should also play for the pride of England. It is a club competition, if the players were playing a final of a competition for their country's pride, it would be the World Cup.

You're right but isn't it just nice to know that Europe's best club is in the Premiership. That alone just adds some pride to England. Back when Liverpool, Forest and Villa were winning the European Cup in successive seasons it was somehow showing everyone that "perhaps the English League is the best league" And that's lost, we haven't had two clubs win it in two seasons since, and it would be great if that happened again. But maybe English pride could be better if Middlesbrough go all the way in the UEFA Cup. Then for England to win the World Cup, that would be great.

Shite, I've digressed.

all I got to say is

We Are The Champions

'mon the hoops

champions_huddle_2006.jpg

:D

I was in France at the time and was waiting all night for a text to come through with the result of the game :)

If Crewe escape relegation this season at the expense of us I will cry :cry:

Derby day tomorrow.

Watford vs Luton

Wish I was going, the horns have got to win to push for automatic promotion. And for bragging rights, beat the Luton ****s!..

As for Arsenal, I hope they beat United. We need that fourth spot.

As for Arsenal, I hope they beat United. We need that fourth spot.

I hope United win (being a United fan). It's going to be a great game. :) My brother's birthday tomorrow and he's a United fan too. Luck might be on our side.

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!!!! Let's woop ManUre's ass baby!!!

I predict 3-1 to the mighty gooners, Henry, Reyes and Adebayor to score!!

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!!!! Let's woop ManUre's ass baby!!!

I predict 3-1 to the mighty gooners, Henry, Reyes and Adebayor to score!!

you predicted WRONG

:awesome:

Ouch that was a poor performance, we just didn't get that final ball...ever.

Take no credit away from United though I have to admit they outplayed us today.

It still sucks tho, chelsea smashed west ham 4-1. so that win was pretty insignificant.

I knew it would be tough, we just had a tough champions league quarter final game midweek, And then we made maybe one too many changes.

It still sucks tho, chelsea smashed west ham 4-1. so that win was pretty insignificant.

Hm well you could still catch them(and I hope you do) as long as you win all your games, and they lose 2, as well as to you. Looking unlikely :hmm:

English players cost a fortune. Who is going to pay over the odds just for the sake of getting someone who's English? Which English players are missing out who should be playing in the premiership and aren't? It's all very well saying it's a disgrace that Arsenal turn out a Brit-less side in the champions league, but if they had David James in nets and Crouch up front they probably wouldn't be there in the first place.

How many English players are willing to move to a different country and learn a different language if they get a job offer to play first team football and get experience before they're up to premiership level?

A good performance from both sides, imo. However, i'm still puzzled as to why Wenger chose to play Van Persie over Henry. When it comes to tactics, i believe that United got it spot on today.

I was impressed with Vidic today, as well as the rest of our defence. I was a little worried that we would underperform, but i was happy to be surprised. :)

I also thought Arsenal started off strongley and played some excellent football. If Arsene had decided to start with Henry, then who knows what the final score might've been.

But, a win for us, and a good performance at that. So, yay. :D

Sadly Arsenal lost to Man U today, 2 -0 in the first half Arsenal were playing quite well but then went into lazy mode, the only ones who were actually trying in my IMO was Lehman and Pires.

1st goal was scored by Rooney (not suprised by that) and the next goal was really amazing and scored by Ji Sung Park.

Oh and Chelsea beat Westham 4 -1 :) (like West Ham actually had a chance)

the only ones who were actually trying in my IMO was Lehman and Pires.

Actually Flamini was working his bullocks off, like usual.

What a crap football day. First watford draw 1-1, then Arsenal lose.. v_v

Well we won our non-derby thanks to non-striker Shola :D

So a good day for me!

A bad day for the gunners. I feel so shit right now. In a very foul mood.

We were just flat after the first 20 minutes. Maybe we were tired out from the Juventus game. Our fixture list is fuckin packed as well, as we are nearing the end of the season.

Credit due to Man U though. The better team won...:(

I feel so shit right now.

You feel shit? Your not sitting 5 points clear of the relegation zone in the championship after having lost 2-0 to a team you anialated at home and are the team that is 5 points below you with your remaining games being against Norwich, Brighton, Reading and Derby.

but if they had David James in nets and Crouch up front they probably wouldn't be there in the first place.

Why? Did you see James yesterday hes a great keeper just prone to moments of comedy and Crouch is also a good striker.

the main reason the top sides buy foreign players is because they are for the most part a lot cheaper than buying british

e.g. Dean Ashton is not a £7m player

Theo Walcott is not worth £12m (or however much Arsenal paid for him)

Rio Ferdinand is not worth the £18m Leeds paid never mind the £30m Man U paid

why wasn't henry playing from the beginning?

ronaldo scored his 100th goal for real madrid. ronaldo is getting his form back right before world cup, good timing.