NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Soul Calibur Legends

It's nothing like that, it's like Ninja Gaiden,

I can't see why there is no so much hatred for this game, I think it looks great.

wow the graphics look really good

Defo, for me it looks like an actual top effort is being made by Namco on this one.

I played SC2 mostly with link, he was the easiest and the best character for me to use...

Nightmare all the way!

LOL

I Didn't play with Link, but all my friends say that he was a shitty character :X

Every one of my friends that have a PS2 say Link sucks.

Do you know why? It's called envy.

I'll assume your friends played the PS2 version.:heh:

Damn, the game is looking good. But i'm also worried with the repetitiveness.

Ok, so I haven't been following this game for a while. And when I check the news, who do I see?

Lloyd friggin' Irving? In the Soul Calibur universe?

:bowdown:

Besides that awesomeness personified, the game is not looking bad. And who knows how many other fighting styles and cameos there might be?

It looks promising, that's for sure. Maybe if it works well, we might see a Ninja Gaiden game on the Wii...

By the way, Link wasn't very good in SC2. Very predictable and slow attacks. (Although the grabs and animations were great)

Heihachi was quick and powerful, but felt like he didn't belong there.

This is coming from someone who much prefered the Gamecube version to the PS2 version.

Defo, for me it looks like an actual top effort is being made by Namco on this one.

Okay fair enough if you like this game, but this is not a top effort by Namco, this seems like a lazy effort.

All of the character models are just copypasta from SCIII, the lighting effects are poor (there aren't even any shadows!), the textures are horrible and grainy and the environments look un-inspired.

This game looks worse than SCII on the GC, and no you can't use the excuse; 'That's because there's more going on on-screen', because as Hellfire so helpfully proved in the other thread that the Wii is a lot more powerful than the GC.

And in all fairness just because you can draw some parallels between this and Ninja Gaiden doesn't mean the two are comparable, this game looks like a hack-n-slash fest while Ninja Gaiden is an in-depth combat-action game, Ninja Gaiden is comparable to Devil May Cry and I'm sure you'd agree that this game is definitely not comparable to DMC.

This game shouldn't ship without detailed shadows, and that's the very least.

I'm still interested in it, but they sure developed the game as if they were doing it for PS2, geometry is not really detailed, stuff like columns could use more polygons (and should, as this is no PS2) and there's not many particle effects going in there, even stuff like depth of field is absent, every object seems to be at the same point, bar the perspective.

Sure, it runs at 60 frames, but so does Metroid Prime 3, and reportedly Mario Galaxy.

Okay fair enough if you like this game, but this is not a top effort by Namco, this seems like a lazy effort.

All of the character models are just copypasta from SCIII, the lighting effects are poor (there aren't even any shadows!), the textures are horrible and grainy and the environments look un-inspired.

This game looks worse than SCII on the GC, and no you can't use the excuse; 'That's because there's more going on on-screen', because as Hellfire so helpfully proved in the other thread that the Wii is a lot more powerful than the GC.

And in all fairness just because you can draw some parallels between this and Ninja Gaiden doesn't mean the two are comparable, this game looks like a hack-n-slash fest while Ninja Gaiden is an in-depth combat-action game, Ninja Gaiden is comparable to Devil May Cry and I'm sure you'd agree that this game is definitely not comparable to DMC.

While that's a perfectly valid argument from a technical point of view, but you don't want to accept it, because everything I say must be wrong and biased, I can't say the game looks very good graphically. The gameplay seems in order though, so I'm interested.

And it's like Ninja Gaiden in the sense that it's an action game, not a party game.

While that's a perfectly valid argument from a technical point of view, but you don't want to accept it, because everything I say must be wrong and biased,

Huh? Wha?...

Edit: I was saying 'you' in general, I wasn't specifically speaking to you or anything.

It does look just like those Tekken mini-games, hardly worth full purchase.

^^^

That's why I made the comparison

I cant help but feel unimpressed by this game, which is a real shame. It has a lot of potential, but i dont see it. The graphics look a bit bland, though apparently run very smoothly. But what makes this a real disappointment is the gameplay. It looks so.. shallow and repetitive. There's no soul (pun intended) in this game.

I'll reserve judgement till the first reviews show up. It's definitely not a day one purchase, if at all. There are far more interesting games for me that deserve my hard earned cash.

Hopefully potentially bad sales of this game wont hurt our chances on a proper Soul Calibur title...

The latest pictures look way better than before, and way better than I've heard from different previews. Anybody here played it yet?

Just learned that Lloyd will be in the game. With his techs too. I had no intention of buying the game, but now I'm a bit tempted :P

At least the textures are fixed. The game still looks soulless and basic though.

At least the textures are fixed. The game still looks soulless and basic though.

To me its looks significantly worse than SC2 in the majority of areas.

To me its looks significantly worse than SC2 in the majority of areas.
Agreed! I mean come on, the background textures in this picture are rubbish!

58221520071116_141249_0_big.jpg

Textures do look very low rez but its nice to see that they are deforming properly (looks at Asteroth's mid drift.)

Soulless, in my Soul Calibur? Nonetheless, it could have been way worse. I guess.

The only reason I am a little interested in this game is that it has got Lloyd Irving in it. One of my fave characters ever. They should put him in SSB: Brawl (GC: cartoony version), that would be wicked.

i think it looks good from the videos i have seen so far i think i'll buy it maybe not , cause there are lots of games coming to the wii right now and im not a rich person haha

I watched the gametrailer review the other day and from the looks of things it does look very average in every way!