NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Soul Calibur Legends

damn beat me to it....

But all sounds pretty cool, almost just a sequel really...

Been playing Soul Calibur 2 loads today, turned out I had completed it I think, but still been working through the extra chapters...

I think this is a response to the fact that pure fighting games (as the early soul caliber ) just dont work well with wii mote lag and gesture actions. You either use the classic controller as in smash bros brawl or evolve the genre to something that doesnt require such precision.

Let the flaming begin.

New Soul Edge?

Siegfried cut his hair too...

Hmm.

I think this is a response to the fact that pure fighting games (as the early soul caliber ) just dont work well with wii mote lag and gesture actions. You either use the classic controller as in smash bros brawl or evolve the genre to something that doesnt require such precision.

First of all we know nothing on what Smash Bros Bawl uses for controls. Secondly, Mortal Kombat and Dragon Ball Z show that fighting games do work well on the Wii.

edit:

12735727vr9.jpg

It sounds pretty sweet so far. :) The artwork on 1UP's page looks tasty. Here's hoping Namco really refine this game and make it a must-have action-adventure-RPG.

Here's hoping for some really intense fighting, like that artwork of Ivy tearing through a horde of mummies!

Dragonball Z Tenkaichi 2 works very well that way. Gestures aren't the main fighting element but the Wiimote can be used for fighting games. Also, there's no 'lag', go play Wii Sports Baseball again to see that.

Cool, this might turn out to be a very good game! I used to love reading all the background info for the players on soul calibour 1 and 2. They have always had a strong story element to them but only in text form whereas this game it seems like you might actually play and experience the story.....

I think this could be really be something special, the Wii's answer to Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden if it's done well.

Also- moar Ivy.

I think this could be really be something special, the Wii's answer to Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden if it's done well.

Also- moar Ivy.

Gimme my Soul May Crylibur! :laughing:

They could be actually creating a whole market for that.

If done right this game could be amazing, I loved soul calibur 2 and the adventure sounds really interesting. This could be a definite purchase.

I'd like to see it play out like Pokemon, i.e. you have you're adventure part and then when you encounter and enemy/random battle the screen flashes and you go into combat mode (the view swaps to the side and it plays like SCII)

Either that or an Action RPG that throws loads of enemies at you!

well finally a namco game. I have been waiting a while for a game to be annouced by them. So it looks like about all japanese pblishers are on board now? is anyone still left out?

Just changed the title of the thread now that its all official. Also it seems that development of the game must be futher on than I expected as the Japanese are getting this game this year!

It looks like Japan will be seeing the release of Soul Calibur Legends this year. Bandai Namco has announced that the game will ship Winter 2007 in Japan, but no North American release date was given. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for an early 08 release here.

Source:GoNintendo

yep... wow!

Errr...

I think this one's more like... WHOAH!

i really hope they treat this game seriously, instead of giving us a crappy spin-off.

Those images look awesome though :heh:. Looks kinda of epic...

http://www.jeux-france.com/news20465_soul-calibur-4-bientot-annonce-.html

Soul Calibur 4 Soon Announced?

The magazine Electronic Gaming Monthly announces in its last edition that it will reveal very soon the first information and images on a new episode of the series Soul Calibur. After Soul Calibur Legends on Wii, Soul Calibur 4 would be thus the next title Namco Bandai with being presented at general public.

I now get the feeling the Wii is getting Soul Calibur Legends in consellation for not getting Soul Calibur 4!? I hope not!

Either way, I hope they put a great deal of effort into Soul Calibur Legends and that it doesn't just turn out like one of those Mortal Kombat adventure games!

Guess we'll see Soul Calibur 4 at E3, with some info shown beforehand.

I now get the feeling the Wii is getting Soul Calibur Legends in consellation for not getting Soul Calibur 4!? I hope not!

Either way, I hope they put a great deal of effort into Soul Calibur Legends and that it doesn't just turn out like one of those Mortal Kombat adventure games!

Guess we'll see Soul Calibur 4 at E3, with some info shown beforehand.

If thats true I would be SO angry!!!!

I would much rather have SC4.:angry:

I'd say we ain't getting SC4.

Since It started development a long time ago and was targeted at HD.

I'd say we ain't getting SC4.

Since It started development a long time ago and was targeted at HD.

Dammit :mad: