NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Soul Calibur Legends

Just read this from Gonintendo, sounds interesting....

Reader TheGame was nice enough to tip us off on a recent tidbit in the IGN Wii-k in Review podcast. The following is a direct quote from Matt Casamassina that TheGame was nice enough to transcribe.

“There used to be this fighting franchise that came to GameCube, coming to Wii but it won’t be a fighting game anymore. Now its going to be some kind of crazy-ass adventure game.†(He hints that there) “was one fighting game that sold pretty well that was from a 3rd party. I’m sure you can figure out what it was.â€

Just read this from Gonintendo, sounds interesting....

Sounds good, I really hope this happens.

All sounds a bit ambiguous to me, Matt Casamassina doing what he does best...

Sounds more likely to be a Naruto game.
Yeah I was just looking at the list of Gamecube fighting games on IGN and other possibilities include;

Natuto,

Dragon Ball Z,

and Mortal Kombat (of which there have been adventure games in the past, though I don't know how well that sold on GC and the series is already coming to Wii).

Super Mario Galaxy looks like its some spin off of Smash Bros then? :heh:

Ha, yeah it could be anything I suppose (and I'm not a Matt hater like). A Soul Caliber game would be good but one of them anime fighters getting an adventure/RPG seems a bit more likely at the mo for me.

Soul Calibur for the Wii would be cool, but I still seriously doubt Matt's 'I'm an insider worship me' attitude.

Soul Calibur for the Wii would be cool, but I still seriously doubt Matt's 'I'm an insider worship me' attitude.

If I wanted to keep a secret, the last person I would tell is Matt Cass. He's as leaky as a very big leak.

The SS Matt Casamassina more leaky than the Halo 3 beta testers...

If I wanted to keep a secret, the last person I would tell is Matt Cass. He's as leaky as a very big leak.

Someone's going to have to Photoshop the ceiling cat picture to: OMG! Matt Cassamassamassassassamassina is watching you masturbate!

:heh:

Oh no, it's Matt Cass. QUICK! Hide all your information!

Wait,what,he is!

Crap I have to much stuff lying about ,uhh where do I put it.

I know down my trousers!

OMG he'll check there aswell 0.0

THERE'S NO ESCAPE

*jumps out window*

Its clearly a new Bloody Roar game.

No.

EDIT: 1000 Poasts!!! This is clearly the slowest 1000 posts reached by someone who joined at the start and is still active. FFS, even Monopolyman has 1000+ and he is the king of rare but great posts.

I blame the fact that I'll only post in a thread if what I am saying is not reitterated or the same as someone elses opinion, and Russia.

Magic Edit: I want to quit now, not tarnish that whole number in my profile. Maybe i'll just keep editing this post with all my thoughts from now on.

Soul Calibur Adventure. Nice enough.

Wonder what happened to their promise to bring a version of SCIII to Wii and 360...

Hopefully it is a Soul Calibur adventure, the series is begging for one!

1000 Poasts!!! This is clearly the slowest 1000 posts reached by someone who joined at the start and is still active. FFS, even Monopolyman has 1000+ and he is the king of rare but great posts.

Not quite :( I needs to spam more

Namco do have good relations with Nintendo, and with the steadily increasing installation base of Wii, is it that hard to beleive that Namco could tinker with GC code and create a new Soul Calibur?

How about a... Soul Calibur RPG? Heh, Namco?

Erm... Virtua Fighter RPG sure turned out well, gimme gimme.

Well whatever it is, it sounds promising and it's based on a popular franchise, so much is clear.

Would be cool if it was a Soul Calibur game. I was quite interested in the backstories of the characters there, especially Necrid and so maybe every few levels you'll play with another character under other circumstances.

Yer i would really like a new soul calibour game. But why didn't soul calibour 3 come out on cube? Coz i thought the second one sold really well on cube? or im i wrong? Oh well if they do something new with it then i hope it's good!

Yer i would really like a new soul calibour game. But why didn't soul calibour 3 come out on cube? Coz i thought the second one sold really well on cube? or im i wrong? Oh well if they do something new with it then i hope it's good!
Because Sony wanted a exclusive Soul Calibur.

They actually announced Soul Calibur II was PS2 exclusive once, before Nintendo debunked it.

I believe there wouldn't be a new Soul Calibur so soon otherwise, SC3 is more like SC2.5. Also bare in mind that "Namco System 246/256" the arcade boards used for SC2 and 3 are PS2 based.

Yeah the cube version of Soul Calibur 2 was the best selling out of the 3 probably because link was the best exclusive character,but stupidly they let the 3rd one go to ps2.

and of course i'm willing to bet the thirs one didn't sell as well as SC2 on gamecube?