NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rapture1984

MP3 Downloads

Not sure why you're having a go at me when you're pretty much agreeing with what I said.

Not having a go. :blank:

We are talking about downloading so you don't have that cost involved. Plus because its not a physical good - 1p is fine. Plus BBC on the money program did feature this and they featured a band which recorded everything in a bedroom and published it on myspace for free.

You do know Itunes is overpriced 99p for a virtual copy of a song is a rip off compared to what your actually getting.

Even a bedroom production costs money, or have you not caught onto that fact yet ? Are we taking it from the point of view that the recording tech / software used was stolen along with the instruments ?

Because people can program most aspects of a game from a workstation in a bedroom does it mean that the game costs peanuts to produce ?

If Itunes overprices its products at 99p a throw, where does that leave the games industry when it charges £50 a game ?

The problem in music production is that the record companys are still taking a fair whack at all the extortionist prices whereas it should be the artists that should be rewarded.

I would pay 1p a song only if the band were getting every peice of that money.

Downloading songs should be alot cheaper than it is taking away distribution costs, physical material, having to put up with protected files and the loss of quality(Because Cd's are infinetly better quality than any song you download from a store. Usually 128kb equiavilent) 99p a song just seems the same as buying the actual CD, considering 10 track albums.

As a result, I fund terrorism by using Soulseek. But I do buy the albums if I see them at a cheaper price, I still own a healthy collection of Cd's old and new.

Even a bedroom production costs money, or have you not caught onto that fact yet ? Are we taking it from the point of view that the recording tech / software used was stolen along with the instruments ?

Because people can program most aspects of a game from a workstation in a bedroom does it mean that the game costs peanuts to produce ?

If Itunes overprices its products at 99p a throw, where does that leave the games industry when it charges £50 a game ?

Don't get him started on that, he's already said we should stop buying games so the prices come down...

The problem in music production is that the record companys are still taking a fair whack at all the extortionist prices whereas it should be the artists that should be rewarded.

I would pay 1p a song only if the band were getting every peice of that money.

Downloading songs should be alot cheaper than it is taking away distribution costs, physical material, having to put up with protected files and the loss of quality(Because Cd's are infinetly better quality than any song you download from a store. Usually 128kb equiavilent) 99p a song just seems the same as buying the actual CD, considering 10 track albums.

As a result, I fund terrorism by using Soulseek. But I do buy the albums if I see them at a cheaper price, I still own a healthy collection of Cd's old and new.

Did you know your not funding terroism, thats an 'urban myth' if you buy opium then your funding terroism.

And everything else I agree with, however I haven't bought a new cd personally in the last 6 odd years.

I don't often post on here and when I do it is seldom simply to bash other people.However...

After thinking over a well-constructed post explaining my personal preferences as regards music buying (i.e. I spend a fair amount of money on music in real-life shops, but my legit collection is outweighed by my non-legit mp3's), I realise that this will not change anyone's opinion so there really is no point. The next comment follows not as a call for change, more as a personal sigh, to let off a bit of tension:

Zeldafreak you are a fucking idiot.

allofmp3.com is the same sort of thing, Russian 'legal' site. It might have a slightly bigger catalogue.

allofmp3.com is the same sort of thing, Russian 'legal' site. It might have a slightly bigger catalogue.

Yeah, but you can't use Visa or Mastercard to top up your account anymore so it's pretty much useless

Sign in to follow this