NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ipaul

Best PC game ever?

Mike, i'm just glad you're using the ISOmetric camera. Did you pick up the expansion pack? Another one is out soon.

yeah i agree, sometimes really complex games are just annoying cause by the time youve figured out how to work all of the features its gotten really boring.

I definitly agree with you there, some of the best games are also some of the most simple. I mean, in essence HL2 was pretty simplistic.

I know its not PC related but remember Burnout 2, it was the pinacle of the series, it was so simple, yet so diverse. Now BO4:Revenge is out, its needlessly complexed, the original idea of dodging traffic has totally gone.

EDIT - What game developers need to understand, is if it isnt broke, then why fix it?

if they spent more time making a better plot/better gameplay than developing graphics, it would be a lot better. but then again its all about the money, most people go for a game cause it has "stunning graphics" or is more realistic.

i would vote HL2 or Animal, they both have taken up shit loads of my time, and i loved animal as a kid, being an angry pepperoni was fun

Mike, i'm just glad you're using the ISOmetric camera. Did you pick up the expansion pack? Another one is out soon.

I did. RCT: Wild looks pretty cool. As far as I know it finally adds the much-needed Jurassic themeing and Jeep ride. Jurassic Park Jeep Adventure ahoy!

Best games I think are indiana jones and the fate of atlantis, full throttle, Day of the tentacle, The dig. Man those games rocked.

EDIT - What game developers need to understand, is if it isnt broke, then why fix it?

Because console gamers demand revolution more, while pc gamers demand evolution more.

That is, of course, my personal opinion :)

Black and white!

God i love this game so much, number 2 is on my christmas wishlist at the top.

I have never played half life or age of empires etc, those popular ones that evreyone talks about.

I have quake 3 but i cant get it to work on my xp pc.... then again i haven't tried it since i got this new pc

My favorite PC games in no particular order...

- Doom

- Duke Nukem 3D

- Day of the Tentacle

- Dune II: Battle for Arrakis

- Sam and Max Hit the Road

- Full Throttle

- X-Com - UFO Enemy Unknown

- Civilization I-IV

- No One Lives Forever 2

- Raptor: Call of the Shadows

I loved Quake 3 and i still play it. In fact i just finished playing it 3 minutes ago. Freaky! I also love the Baldur's Gate series, brilliant. I love most of Bioware's games such as Neverwinter Nights etc... But Baldur's Gate 2: Shadow of Amn was my favorite.

I also really enjoyed Splinter Cell its soo good on PC, it should be illegal its just so good to play..

Warcraft 3 is another i have lost count how much i have played. And hmmm, Starcraft which i used to play online obsessively. It still is one of the best RTS games EVER!

I played a little World of Warcraft it was freakly good, but still as most RPG's, none come EVEN CLOSE to my beloved Ultima Online. It's so good to play, it's crude and it doesn't bubble wrap anything, and you can play it for free! Which i do, obviously because i wouldnt play official servers where americans got their way because they live and die by the game, well at one point anyway.

So yeah!

Has anyone here played Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines? Very few people have, but it is absolutely incredible. Minus a few shoddy combat mechanics. But shhh.

Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn gets an honourable mention.

As well as HL2, UT, Rollercoaster Tycoon and other games mentioned here... Little Big Adventure 2!!!!

Ok, I was, um, 11 when I completed it, but it was a frickin great game at the time!

Little Big Adventure 2!!!!
I preferred the original, but hey, somebody give this man a medal.

LBA for the win.

In the past have loved

Rollercoaster Tycoon

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

Little Big Adventure

Command and Conquer Red Alert

Grand Theft Auto

Tomb Raider 2

I preferred the original, but hey, somebody give this man a medal.

LBA for the win.

I only played the second but it was enchantingly awesome and swallowed many many hours of my life.

#1 Total Annihilation

#2 C&C Generals

#3 Unreal Tournament

TA - best game ever. I loved it how it had a quote on the box from a PC Mag "better than C&C" :D

It never really got that big though, C&C's always overshadowed it. I still played it up until January... when I got XBL.

Has anyone here played Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines? Very few people have, but it is absolutely incredible. Minus a few shoddy combat mechanics. But shhh.

Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn gets an honourable mention.

Yeah Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn is an amazing game that deffinatly deserves a mention.,my friends play bloodlines but my pc sucks so i havnt played it,but sounds good from their discription.

TA - best game ever. I loved it how it had a quote on the box from a PC Mag "better than C&C" :D

It never really got that big though, C&C's always overshadowed it. I still played it up until January... when I got XBL.

I always wanted to try TA, I remember being in primary school and trying to spell annihilation for about a week.

Edit: that just made me realise how old all the games I listed are o.o

As well as HL2, UT, Rollercoaster Tycoon and other games mentioned here... Little Big Adventure 2!!!!

Ok, I was, um, 11 when I completed it, but it was a frickin great game at the time!

HOLY SHIT.

HOW COULD I FORGET?

LBA2 i betrayed you! :'(

What. A. Game.

Sign in to follow this