NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ipaul

Best PC game ever?

What does everyone think is the best pc game ever?

Half-life gets my vote

I think mine would be Quake 3. That includes trickjumping, botmatches and online/LAN play. I've lost count on how many hours I've clocked on it just trickjumping around a funmap (think skatepark-ish but Q3 style) listening to Captain Immy....

In fact, I think I'll go do that some more now... where was that darn cd again?

Barbie Fashion Show. You get to design exciting fashion projects.

B0001BR9O8.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Final Fantasy 7 or Half-Life.

Or how about Sim City, or would Counter-Strike be seperate from Half-Life?

I'll have to give a selection and why.

Doom/Quake = the "original" first person shooter.

The Sims = although it was kinda shit, it made PC gaming popular.

Half-Life series along with all its mods = CS1.6 is still one of the most played games.

Everquest = the first MMO game ever.

Sim City = the first popular management game

Command And Conquer = simply brilliant RTS action.

But my fave PC game? Well... Half-Life 2. It's the only game i've played 8 times and It has countless mods.

Supprisingly, no.

I dunno, UT and 2004 are fantastic game i'm not denying that. But they didn't change the genre.

Chris, it may not seem big now. But Half-Life came out during the "UT" generation. Mindless violence and no story. Half-Life was an amazing breath of fresh air. Half-Life 2 is better i feel, because it plays so differently.

OK that may be true but you guys are talking about best games ever and ,i think that the best game should stand the test of time,and in my oppinion UT does more then HL.

I know that many people will think me a heathen for saying this .I can see how it would have been seen when it first came out and i agree that this might make it one of the best games ever,but i think UT has aged better because it is more geared towards multiplayer as is cs which i think is really good.

Havent played as man PC games as console games, but I have to say HL2.

Guild Wars isnt bad to. (:

I played through Schleichfahrt (Achimedian Dynasty) from 1996 in 2005 the first time and for me it's the best PC game but I heard it's similar to Wing Commander:

other games I enjoyed: CnC (3), Freelancer, SW Republic Commando, Yager

never played HL2 but HL1 (got the generations box, actually only for CS) and I got quickly annoyed killing mutants (there's a difference between zombies and mutants for me) what was also a reason for me not to try out HL2.

I got Half life when it 1st came out all thoses years ago. And it was so different to everything else i ever played. So that's gotta be where my vote goes. And if you missed out on HL around when it came out you just won't get it. Especially if you compare it to todays offerings.

Maniac Manion and Lucas Arts adventure games in general.

Unreal Tournament

Oh and Dues Ex 1. An amazing amazing game at the time, merged RPG and FPS.

And PES, although not the best game, one that I've devoted the most hours to.

Online: Counter Strike Source

Single Player: Half Life 2

I've only recently got a powerful gaming quality PC though so I don't have too much, but I always loved and still love Age of Empires I and Tiberian Sun.

I'm probably one of the only people that will say this but i think Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic : The Sith Lords.

I think it is a really addictive game which you can fully custoisme your Jedi/Sith. Though i did hear the 1st one has a better plot, i haven't got it yet :(

Sign in to follow this