NEurope
Nintenchris

Game buys Gamestation

;438680]Not to be patronising but did you only bring one in?

Anyway Gamestation also sell Bluray and (probably' date=' not checked) HD-DVDs and all kinds of merchandise crap. So I doubt they'd be classed as a "Video Game Retailer".[/quote']

No brought in two GC games.

Gs are still classed as a videogame retailer, just why do you think Tescos is still classed as a a seller of groceries(ie. milk, bread, etc.) Because thats the main type of product they sell.

And also the only reason why they sell mario kart racers etc. Is because they have better prices on games than 90% of Games goods

No brought in two GC games.

Gs are still classed as a videogame retailer, just why do you think Tescos is still classed as a a seller of groceries(ie. milk, bread, etc.) Because thats the main type of product they sell.

And also the only reason why they sell mario kart racers etc. Is because they have better prices on games than 90% of Games goods

Well was one unsuitable (too scratched, didn't scan etc?) or did they just go "What game? Where? I only see one!"

"And also the only reason why they sell mario kart racers etc. Is because they have better prices on games than 90% of Games goods"

Not only is "better prices on games than 90% of Games goods" a really weird way to word that, it makes no sense when following the previous clause. They sell merch because they have better prices than Game?

Well, thats what I thought too. He said however that they're still paying them now, which is why I was after a source.

(it's all about the BBQ sauce, brand irrelevant, or possibly burger)

What I meant maybe it should be clearer but EB US own 10% of the Game group plc's shares and they gain a dividend off of that each financial year though.

I was just thinking now : My local GAME is bigger than my local Gamestation, and GAME usually have three people working on the floor there on the weekend, while Gamestation will have around 6! I forecast job cuts for the good guys :(

;438689]Well was one unsuitable (too scratched' date=' didn't scan etc?) or did they just go "What game? Where? I only see one!"

"And also the only reason why they sell mario kart racers etc. Is because they have better prices on games than 90% of Games goods"

Not only is "better prices on games than 90% of Games goods" a really weird way to word that, it makes no sense when following the previous clause. They sell merch because they have better prices than Game?[/quote']

But Gamestation sell that merchandise to keep the prices of the games down becuase they tend to be cheaper to buy in wholesale and have a high rrp like the mario kart racer.

And no I gave the cashier two games he scanned both games through so I could have written down. And when I said 'no'. I asked for the games back and he only handed me one back - and he was adamant at game they didn't but I had proof - so they were a bit appolegetic and kissing my ass, not offering me anything just saying sorry. :nono:

But went to Grainger games got £30 for both my games. So I was happy with my beloved gg.

But Ashley why do constantly defend an organisation who can't even negotiate a deal to pass savings onto the consumer.

But Ashley why do constantly defend an organisation who can't even negotiate a deal to pass savings onto the consumer.

As I said earlier (I think in this thread anyway...) I just like to get people to look at the other side. People are so set on their high horse of intellectural superiority that they tend to not bother looking at the other side.

Trust me, I don't like Game for actual reasons rather than just thinking they are more expensive (I look at MCV 9/10 weeks and on a whole games in Game and Gamestation are the same price. Its a way of retail. Somethings Game is cheaper on, something GS, somethings Woolies and more often than not Tescos). Nor have I had one bad experience in there and decided all staff in all of their stores are stupid because that is a highly moronic assumption.

I don't love Game. They get on my tits at times. They're right idiots but I'm talking about head office and higher management.

And lets face it, debating with you is easy.

;438711]As I said earlier (I think in this thread anyway...) I just like to get people to look at the other side. People are so set on their high horse of intellectural superiority that they tend to not bother looking at the other side.

Trust me' date=' I don't like Game for actual reasons rather than just thinking they are more expensive (I look at MCV 9/10 weeks and on a whole games in Game and Gamestation are the same price. Its a way of retail. Somethings Game is cheaper on, something GS, somethings Woolies and more often than not Tescos). Nor have I had one bad experience in there and decided all staff in all of their stores are stupid because that is a highly moronic assumption.

I don't love Game. They get on my tits at times. They're right idiots but I'm talking about head office and higher management.

And lets face it, debating with you is easy.[/quote']

Yep I get MCV for free for being at uni, so on page 37 of the 04/05/07 issue(Shadow Hearts:New Wold cover) and look at Lost Planet I guess your wrong, plus if you at their mystery shopper bit from birmingham in the same issue it does state Gamestation is better than Game.

But you see Gamestation's staff are more intelligent about 6 months before the ps3 launch -

Game said "The price of the games will be £20 more expensive than 360 games"

Gamestation said: "Based upon what 360 games cost we can't see them being more expensive than them"

But like I have said before the competition commission will look at it. And when you think about it they'll cut trade in prices, in both their format stores so "we are going to give you £5 for lost planet"(GAME) and "we would like to give you £20 for lost planet, but the global tyrrant known as Game won't.Sorry!"(Gamestation).

And debating is easy with you as well cause you stand up for precious Game. And you don't seem to realise they are in the wrong for taking over yet another business. As my economics teacher said "If you can't compete with your rival unitl you buy them out, shouldn't be selling in the first place".

Yep I get MCV for free for being at uni, so on page 37 of the 04/05/07 issue(Shadow Hearts:New Wold cover) and look at Lost Planet I guess your wrong, plus if you at their mystery shopper bit from birmingham in the same issue it does state Gamestation is better than Game.

But you see Gamestation's staff are more intelligent about 6 months before the ps3 launch -

Game said "The price of the games will be £20 more expensive than 360 games"

Gamestation said: "Based upon what 360 games cost we can't see them being more expensive than them"

But like I have said before the competition commission will look at it. And when you think about it they'll cut trade in prices, in both their format stores so "we are going to give you £5 for lost planet"(GAME) and "we would like to give you £20 for lost planet, but the global tyrrant known as Game won't.Sorry!"(Gamestation).

And debating is easy with you as well cause you stand up for precious Game. And you don't seem to realise they are in the wrong for taking over yet another business. As my economics teacher said "If you can't compete with your rival unitl you buy them out, shouldn't be selling in the first place".

1. Wow. One game from one issue. Thats a varied result.

1b. (because I'm adding this after the rest) Mystery shopper for one shop in one city in the UK. Again a small sample and furthermore nice for that one town (and frickin whoopy do, one point) but I could have told you the Bullring staff are shit. And the size, resources and work that goes into Gamestation in the High Street; if it hadn't have done well GS would have had a lot to answer for.

2. "The" implies all. Fair enough; some Gamestation staff are smarter than some Game staff. Visa Versa. What I find irritating about your POV is everyone is lumped in the same boat. We, at our store, know about games so this moralistic superiority you seem to have is nothing more than arrogant ignorance.

3. So people predicted wrong. It was the price of frickin' PS3 games not the end of the world (which has been incorrectly predicted more times)

4. We give more than £5 for Lost Planet and the reason it has gone down to what it is is because its only £20 brand new.

5. Minor point; Game is hardly a global tyrant. UK, Sweden, Spain, France, Portugal, Netherlands and Aus, and maybe one or two more European countries I've forgotten about. And most outside UK have less than five stores.

6. I don't find Game precious. Thats why I'm quitting. (Well thats why I'm not returning after I come back from America at least).

7. I love your innane 'expert' opinions (the other than springs to mind is the still undefined 'wiseman' who spoke about cartoons). An economics teacher. Wow. Hes got like serious cred. And furthermore, Game was hardly "not competing" with its rival. It had a higher profit than Gamestation and has done for years.

Still, as I said. Game isn't perfect, far from it. But stop with the ignorance hatred and bumming of Gamestation as they're not perfect either. Nobody is. Game have bought Gamestation. It is not a monopoly, it is business. Canis canem edit as they make Rockstar say. (again, the jaded cynic in me is coming out).

;438756]1. Wow. One game from one issue. Thats a varied result.

1b. (because I'm adding this after the rest) Mystery shopper for one shop in one city in the UK. Again a small sample and furthermore nice for that one town (and frickin whoopy do' date=' one point) but I could have told you the Bullring staff are shit. And the size, resources and work that goes into Gamestation in the High Street; if it hadn't have done well GS would have had a lot to answer for.

2. "The" implies all. Fair enough; some Gamestation staff are smarter than some Game staff. Visa Versa. What I find irritating about your POV is everyone is lumped in the same boat. We, at our store, know about games so this moralistic superiority you seem to have is nothing more than arrogant ignorance.

3. So people predicted wrong. It was the price of frickin' PS3 games not the end of the world (which has been incorrectly predicted more times)

4. We give more than £5 for Lost Planet and the reason it has gone down to what it is is because its only £20 brand new.

5. Minor point; Game is hardly a global tyrant. UK, Sweden, Spain, France, Portugal, Netherlands and Aus, and maybe one or two more European countries I've forgotten about. And most outside UK have less than five stores.

6. I don't find Game precious. Thats why I'm quitting. (Well thats why I'm not returning after I come back from America at least).

7. I love your innane 'expert' opinions (the other than springs to mind is the still undefined 'wiseman' who spoke about cartoons). An economics teacher. Wow. Hes got like serious cred. And furthermore, Game was hardly "not competing" with its rival. It had a higher profit than Gamestation and has done for years.

Still, as I said. Game isn't perfect, far from it. But stop with the ignorance hatred and bumming of Gamestation as they're not perfect either. Nobody is. Game have bought Gamestation. It is not a monopoly, it is business. Canis canem edit as they make Rockstar say. (again, the jaded cynic in me is coming out).[/quote']

Look at my face, look at my face, am I bothered. I ain't BOTHERED.

Look at my face, look at my face, am I bothered. I ain't BOTHERED.

You realise I can't see you face right?

And if you "ain't bothered" (by the by, fantastic abuse of the English language. Really. Thumps up.) why are you still replying?

;439320]You realise I can't see you face right?

And if you "ain't bothered" (by the by' date=' fantastic abuse of the English language. Really. Thumps up.) why are you still replying?[/quote']

If you don't realise its off one of Catherine Tates characters.

Plus now the european competion commission is now may be looking at it.

But there isn't an european competition commission.

The Competition Commission is a UK organisation.

Of course, their website has a list of current enquiries, they don't seem bothered about GAME.

in my city in canada you can either buy games from: box stores (wal-mart, zellers ect. most people do this), buy from eb games or if you can find one an individual retailer. (not too many people i know shop online)

but we really have only had one real gameish store

Why do ye all say game have a monopoly. here in my town we have Gamestop as well

If you don't realise its off one of Catherine Tates characters.

Granted it is referring to an awful show, but the second paragraph still proves my point.

Yes im aware im being petty and immature but I need an outlet.

I just know it's not going to feel the same tomorrow when i walk into gamestation...

I emailed trading stabdards.

They said, they are checking over the take over bid etc, but they dont seem to think there is going to be a problem with the takeover.

End off thread! lol

I just know it's not going to feel the same tomorrow when i walk into gamestation...

Nothing has changed at the moment :p Hell, we're not allowed in the stores for Pete's sake.

The Competition Commission won't have a problem with GAME's takeover bid.

Why, Zeldafreak do you actually believe that you know more about this than the countless lawyers that GAME will have consulted before making a bid? They're a company, they dont throw money into a takeover that they can't win!

I know sometimes companies get stopped but it is VERY rare. It costs so much to start a takeover that its not worth the bother unless you are 90% sure it will happen

;440168]Nothing has changed at the moment Hell' date=' we're not allowed in the stores for Pete's sake.[/quote']

What's the punishment? Surely it'd be great to quit by slapping a Gamestation receipt down on the table (maybe even a photo of you in there too)!

What's the punishment? Surely it'd be great to quit by slapping a Gamestation receipt down on the table (maybe even a photo of you in there too)!

I think it was more of a kind request than a demand. Dunno how they'd know. Besides, its not really like I have any desire to go in there anyway so apart from now being wrong, and thus alluring, theres no reason for me to go in there.

The Competition Commission won't have a problem with GAME's takeover bid.

Why, Zeldafreak do you actually believe that you know more about this than the countless lawyers that GAME will have consulted before making a bid? They're a company, they dont throw money into a takeover that they can't win!

I know sometimes companies get stopped but it is VERY rare. It costs so much to start a takeover that its not worth the bother unless you are 90% sure it will happen

Tesco had wanted to takeover Safeway but the Competition commission said when the bids went into safeway that they had to reject tescos bid. And its not that rare infact its very common if you do th ratios of takeovers compared to those that were refused in the last 10 years.

I emailed trading stabdards.

They said, they are checking over the take over bid etc, but they dont seem to think there is going to be a problem with the takeover.

End off thread! lol

Ok well I'm going to go and gently persuade them to stop it. Yes I'm evil, but I think Game aren't giving decent rewards for consumers. Inwould rather have 5% + student discount off games rather than £2.50 for every £100 I spend with those assholes and student discount off.

The only reason this bothers me is cos Game seem to make loads of space for Sony only. Gamestation always stocked equally for each system. I guess this will change now.

Ok well I'm going to go and gently persuade them to stop it. Yes I'm evil, but I think Game aren't giving decent rewards for consumers. Inwould rather have 5% + student discount off games rather than £2.50 for every £100 I spend with those assholes and student discount off.

Game do offer student discount on a store-by-store basis and while that would be nice for you the majority of people aren't students.