NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DS MaNiAc

PSP Giga pack

The $299 bundle includes the PSP System, a 1GB Memory Stick Pro Duo, battery pack, AC adaptor, USB Cable, and PSP Stand. The company also announced that a PSP branded 1GB Memory Stick PRO Duo will also be sold separately later this calendar year. The PSP Giga Pack will come pre-installed with the PSP Firmware 2.0.

Jack Tretton, co-COO at SCEA said, "As we approach our first holiday season with PSP, offering consumers a new value option in the Giga Pack demonstrates our commitment to allowing consumers further control and customize their entertainment options.:

He added, "It is natural for our company to use our resources and experience to pass along value to the consumers, and offer those great values with the most current technology. This new dual hardware structure will broaden the unprecedented portable entertainment already provided by PSP and drive a strong year for the category, particularly during the key selling season."

The PSP 1GB Memory Stick PRO Duo will also be sold separately at retail for consumers who already have a PSP Value Pack (priced at $249).

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1379&Itemid=2

Wow, it will cost £220 here in the UK. Who here would chose a giga pack over a 30 gig iPod? Not me!

I'd expect everything that comes in it to have come standard with the PSP in the first place, but apparently it didn't!!

What new stuff has been added into the 'value' pack? The memory stick? Which the PSP should have anyways come with, as it's an essential!

And yeah rip-off price!!

The following have been added

1. USB Cable

2. Hands free stand

The following has been upgraded

1. Memory stick from 32 mg to 1 gig

Well it costs £40 more for 1 thing that should have come with the standard pack (USB cable), A hands free stand (wow) and a 1 gig card. The one gig card makes it up, but it's still not such great value in Comparison to a 30 gig iPod.

How can you possibly compare them? Personally I'd have a PSP Giga pack over a 30gb iPod.

Wow, it will cost £220 here in the UK. Who here would chose a giga pack over a 30 gig iPod? Not me!

Whats an ipod gotta do with any thing? This is gaming accesories... not an iPod. iPod mainly revolves around music, while PSP is multi-media orientated with this giga pack.

But yeah, i would choose an iPod over it. But the iPod has nothing to do with competition to the iPod.

Whats an ipod gotta do with any thing? This is gaming accesories... not an iPod. iPod mainly revolves around music, while PSP is multi-media orientated with this giga pack.

But yeah, i would choose an iPod over it. But the iPod has nothing to do with competition to the iPod.

No, I'm just saying an iPod costs £220, and I would much rather get that than the giga pack. The giga pack is decent value, but if I ahd £220 I would spend it on an iPod.

why the ipod only plays music and just about video. The psp does that and a lot more.

yeah but you can only have 1 gig max, I dont like any of the games that are out/that are coming out (I don't really like GTA) and it's a bit of a brick. DS + iPod any day, anyway, the PSP is made by sony.

ill be holdin onto my cash for a while then, wen is expected release?

yeah but you can only have 1 gig max, I dont like any of the games that are out/that are coming out (I don't really like GTA) and it's a bit of a brick. DS + iPod any day, anyway, the PSP is made by sony.

And it was all going so well...

As I've yet to see anything that really sells the PSP to me, my £220 will be going towards a 360. And yes, it pains me that 'going towards' is as good as it gets.

Sign in to follow this