NEurope
Aussie

Burnout Paradise - First trailer, screens and info

EA shows off the very first trailer, screens and info for their upcoming Burnout title : Burnout Paradise

burnoutparadise-1.jpgburnoutparadiseps3.jpg

Electronic Arts Inc., today announced the title for the revolutionary new Burnout™ videogame currently in development for the Xbox 360™ videogame system and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. Players will be able to take their dangerous driving experience to a whole new level when Burnout™ Paradise is unleashed this winter.

Burnout Paradise proves that crashing is awesome! Next generation technology has enabled an unprecedented level of crash deformation allowing you to experience the most explosive pile-ups in the series’ history. Now the development team can realise their original vision for the Burnout franchise: an open world environment where you can do anything, anywhere, anytime!

“We have been working towards Burnout Paradise for quite some time. Next generation consoles have opened up a raft of new gameplay opportunities and the Criterion team has leapt at the chance to innovate and raise the bar to an all-new high,†said Pete Hawley, Executive Producer, Burnout Paradise. “There are going to be some big surprises and a lot of new features but the core of the game is still pure Burnout. Instant accessibility will be reinforced by innovative on-line capabilities which will see Burnout Paradise smash racing conventions.’’

Feel the adrenaline course through your veins as you take to the road for the first time in Paradise City, where the action is all around you. Explore the city, discover events, and look for the best opportunities to crash, jump and pull signature takedowns. In Burnout Paradise you’re given the keys to the city, but it’s up to you to earn the keys to the meanest and most dangerous cars on the street, and earn your Burnout licence.

burnoutparadise.jpg

burnoutparadise1.jpg

Click here to see the very first trailer for Burnout Paradise

burnoutparadise2.jpg

burnoutparadise3.jpg

Been waiting for more info on this for a while now. The screenshots are pretty ugly, but the trailer is awesome! I hope that this one is less of a dumb car smashing simulator and needs a bit more driving skill, but i suppose they did that with dominator...

Not doing it for me.

Burnout peaked at number 2 and has been going downhill since, the NFS style addition of an open city doesn't really suit the game either.

Burnout 2 was the best, 3 was good, but the takedown cutscenes and police ruined it a bit. Revenge messed with the gameplay and was utter shit. And free-roaming?

No thanks. It just doesn't fit the game well.

Burnout 2 was the best, 3 was good, but the takedown cutscenes and police ruined it a bit.

No police in number 3, that was one of the things I loved about number 2, pursuit mode.

No police in number 3, that was one of the things I loved about number 2, pursuit mode.

I thought in some sections of a 'normal' race, the police chased you? (Pursuit Mode in 2 was class, though)

A Burnout trailer without crashing? :(

My thoughts exactly... and god i hope we get some better tracks in this one as the ones in Revenge where just plain boring after a few gos round.

A Burnout trailer without crashing? :(
My thoughts exactly... and god i hope we get some better tracks in this one as the ones in Revenge where just plain boring after a few gos round.

It's a teaser trailer for one..............and I reference the recent GTA trailer as well with your posts. No problems there.

And Burnout 2, great for its time.....but if you think it peeked then, I sympathize for you. Go back and play it now.........it's still an outstanding game, but BO3 was miles ahead in gameplay terms. Then again, we all have different tastes in games.

Brilliant trailer though, and the cinematography/editing was done really well.

And Burnout 2, great for its time.....but if you think it peeked then, I sympathize for you. Go back and play it now.........it's still an outstanding game, but BO3 was miles ahead in gameplay terms.

I wouldn't say miles ahead, sure it added some worthwhile features to the game, but it also took away with the same hand, the end result was a lesser game, but still good, Revenge again added something, but it also took away, making the game more pedestrian, Next one looks to be doing the same again, it'll still be a good game, but it's following a distinctly EA agenda now and that can never end well.

Oh jeez how many are they going to make

Come back in ten years, I'm sure the franchise will still be going strong.

Boxarts now added :P

I see they are the going for the "stationary car smashed by vandals" look this time.

I hated Burnout Domintor, so lets hope it's more like Revenge (which is my fav one).