NEurope
ipaul

Your area

What does everyone here think of the area in which they live?

Do you like the local area so much you hate leaving when you have to, or do you long to live far, far away from the place you're in? Whats your favourite and least favourite thing about the area?

I quite like my local area but I don't have to travel far before it becomes a pretty horrible place to be. I do like the fact I live on the coast but I can't stand some of the people that I find around here.

Mine's ok, but i think Harribo dislikes it, for bad experiences in the bus station or something.

Nice park, nice people. Just a few chavs here and there.

I live in a nice market town in the country. The people are nice and middle class, chavs are infrequent, there are a lot of trees and parks whilst there being a town centre with a fair few shops, I go to an excellent grammar school, and most of my friends are walking distance away. MK is also only 15 minutes away by bus. In conclusion, I love where I live.

I live in a nice market town in the country. The people are nice and middle class, chavs are infrequent, there are a lot of trees and parks whilst there being a town centre with a fair few shops, I go to an excellent grammar school, and most of my friends are walking distance away. MK is also only 15 minutes away by bus. In conclusion, I love where I live.

That does indeed sound like a very nice place to live. :)

I live on an island that just looks like this, absolutley everywhere.

aerial-from-eshaness-to-bigton-enlarge.jpg

Theres nothing.

Most of the inhabitants are aged 100+.

The weather is constantly terrible.

You can not buy pineapples here.

There are no trains or trees.

I hate it.

i live in Milton Keynes, in an area called 'Downs barn', which lies in the middle of Conniburrow (chavs, druggies) and Downhead park (posh, rich people), so i kinda get to see a bit of both lol. I'm within walking distance of the city centre (which is massive) and so it's easy to meet up with people.

Unfortunately, my school is about 30minutes away by bus (its in Buckingham) and a few of my good mates live in Buckingham which is annoying.

All in all, i like where i live but i look forward to moving away sometime soon, mainly because i don't really have many friends outside school that live near me because there's quite a few chavs about.

Edit: Oh Letty, i feel well sorry for you...

I hate it, it's a boring town in the middle of nowhere. There's nothing to do unless you go to another town. Can't wait to get out of here tbh.

Durham is a fucking awesome place, couldn't imagine a better place to be a student! Absolutely fantastic! Great town, great university, great people! And I used to live in a Castle!

Milton Keynes

Also a brilliant place, don't slag it off!

14eo8.jpg

I live in pickering, north yorkshire. Boring town, always floods.

My house is just out of view, its one of the ones flooded :(

I quite like where I live: I'm in a village which is quite close to various towns and train stations, so it's very easy to get somewhere if you want to. The only bad thing is that there are a few leary kids.

Oh well, it'll all change in a few months when I go to university.

i live in Milton Keynes, in an area called 'Downs barn', which lies in the middle of Conniburrow (chavs, druggies) and Downhead park (posh, rich people), so i kinda get to see a bit of both lol. I'm within walking distance of the city centre (which is massive) and so it's easy to meet up with people.

Unfortunately, my school is about 30minutes away by bus (its in Buckingham) and a few of my good mates live in Buckingham which is annoying.

All in all, i like where i live but i look forward to moving away sometime soon, mainly because i don't really have many friends outside school that live near me because there's quite a few chavs about.

Edit: Oh Letty, i feel well sorry for you...

Milton keynes? theres so many fucking roundabouts there! I used to live in cmabridge, nearish there and got pissed of everytime i travelled through.

The Town Center is filled with chavs, Caris and other scumbags on friday nights. But other than that, it's pretty cool. Awesome indy game shop near by, plenty of restraunts, pubs and other stuff.

I live in Thamesmead in South East London. I like it. I have a 3 storey town house which is nice and big with a garage and drive for my car. There is also lakes and lots of parks and of course the lovely walk along the Thames. Transport links are pretty good to get into central London for work and nights out however we could do with a tube station to be honest.

Many filmakers use Thamesmead for its unique look. It is also the last South Eastern London town before Kent.

For more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thamesmead

I live in a growing town sandwiched between Edinburgh and Glasgow, and if there's a place in the country with more Neds (Chavs to you english bastards :p) then I'm PM. EVERYTHING you do gets judged by them at school. THEY measure how "cool" you are and whats funny and whats not. ****ing *****. The inhabitants (I wouldn't even call them "people") makes everything social outside of their little circle so awkward, anything you do is judged by them. If you do something they dont like, you get the piss taken out of you constantly for weeks until something better comes along. You go out with a girl who is actually smart enough to break off from their circle you become the target for weeks. Fucking hell I hate them. I would say at least 70% of my school are like that.

And they don't just take the school. The shopping centre is filled with them. The cinema. To go to the local fucking shop I have to bike through their little council house estates.

I rant alot. Ignore me. To anyone who wasted their time reading that, sorry.:hmm:

i live in the kind of countryside ,but still only 20 mins away from both liverpool and chester, i love it

I live on an island that just looks like this, absolutley everywhere.

aerial-from-eshaness-to-bigton-enlarge.jpg

I know you're fed up with it, but you've just planned my next holiday for me with that picture. :grin:

Anyway, around here it's really quite pleasant. Not to crowded, lake district within reach, nice shops. Could do without the racism and homophobia though. It's not overly blatant, but there are some people wandering around simmering with it. BNP like to set up a stall every now and again. God I hate those bastards. Otherwise, nice.

I live in Fazakerley by the Aintree racecourse, a graveyard and i have three pubs at the top of street. My towncentre is full of roadworks and chavs.

Fazakerley IPA: [fæzækəli] is a suburb of north Liverpool, England, and a Liverpool City Council Ward.

In 1321, Fazakerley was described as such: "the country is extremely flat and treeless, with nothing to recommend it to the passer-by, for it seems to be a district of straight lines, devoid of any beauty".[1] It had an area of 1709 acres and was separated from Walton by a brook, and from West Derby partly by Sugar Brook up to Stone bridge.

Fazakerley takes its name from Anglo-Saxon root words -- all descriptive words pertaining to land; "Faes-aecer-leah." This can be broken down to faes (border or fringe), aecer (field) and lea, or lei, meaning a wood or clearing.

Some of the notable features of the area are Fazakerley railway station, Altcourse (HM Prison), and Fazakerley hospital, officially known as University Hospital Aintree. Fazakerley was once home to a Royal Ordnance Factories plant (ROF Fazakerley), which manufactured weapons such as the Lee Enfield rifle, Sten and Sterling submachine guns both during and after World War II.

My towncenter pictures.

800px-Bigtellylpool.JPG

800px-Anglican.JPG

800px-Royal_Liver_Building_above_Dale_Street_-_Liverpool_-_2005-06-27.jpg

800px-Liverpool_skyline%2C_closeup.jpg

800px-AtlanticStNicholas.jpg

The bit of Sunderland I live in isn't too amazing. There's a lot of immigrants in this area - now I don't have a problem with that, I think immigration's great, and it's been the driving force behind how far this country's come. Unfortunately, there's a lot of small minded fucks who live around here who think it's big and clever to spray-paint swastikas on doors and shout abuse in the streets. That gets me down - I'm surrounded by people who react violently to skin colour. I won't miss that part when I leave Uni in a few months.

800px-AtlanticStNicholas.jpg

That looks totally sweet. I think the rain makes it.

I kinda like where i live.

Nothing much to complain about except that i live near a huge freaking penis...

(i shit you not)

WondersOfIceland.jpg

It´s a shopping mall shaped like a penis....

I live in a town (Shirebrook, sounds nice aye?) which has a reputation of being shite for around a 15 mile radius.

It's full of chavs who are usually drunk, which isn't a good mix. For example the other week, some drunk chavs were passing my house at like 2am ran down my neighbours drive and smashed the window with a piece of wood. Another would be, my dad went to visit my grandad and there was a big group of chavs hanging out outside his bungalow, so my dad asked them to move. Anyway my dad drove off and one of them ran up the car and booted it leaving a huge dint in the bit bewtween the boot and the door.

When i get the chance (Will be Uni) i'm going to go from here and not come back. It's only family who keep us here now.

Fun, fun, fun (clicky) and just so you know, i don't go to that school it mentions in there.

I live in a Hamlet. People are nice, but only one or two my age. It's just a collection of houses, no newsagents, post office, church, pub, etc. Very boring.

Closest place for a night out is Rhyl. It's Rhyl, so enough said. Plus, taxis home ain't cheap (£10-£15)

I went to school and work in Prestatyn, nice place, but not much there. They are rebuilding the Cinema, tho (8 years ago, the building failed some tests and was deemed unsafe)