NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Teppo Holmqvist

[Bloomberg] Nintendo working on 45 Wii titles, 79 DS titles

According to news conference held today, Nintendo is currently working on 45 Wii titles and 79 DS titles. Furthermore, Satoru Iwata informed that the second batch of games will be introduced at the end of this summer. Of course, many of these titles won't be released this or next year, but at least it is nice to see that Nintendo is working on so many games. :)

Source

According to news conference held today, Nintendo is currently working on 45 Wii titles and 79 DS titles. Furthermore, Satoru Iwata informed that the second batch of games will be introduced at the end of this summer. Of course, many of these titles won't be released this or next year, but at least it is nice to see that Nintendo is working on so many games. :)

Source

Wow, coolness! :D

Oh no, my wallet can't cope with so many Ninty titles.

Still very nice to hear that so much is on the way.

be nice to see what these titles are 15 incarnations of brain training probably. 5 nintendogs for the wii and 6 more mario parties.

not that i am being negative for the sake of it but it is a possibility.

5 nintendogs for the wii

Isn't the whole point of Nintendogs the fact that you "touch" them, talk to them and their portability?

I can see an application called something like "Nintendogs Kennel", which would let you "manage" your dogs, and view them in better graphics. Like Pokemon Box.

That amount is plain amazing. I knew Nintendo were big, but not that big... I wonder if this counts in second party games?

Nintendo are always making lots of games, but it's not like they'll all come out at once. Most are probably just at early phases right now.

Isn't the whole point of Nintendogs the fact that you "touch" them, talk to them and their portability?

I can see an application called something like "Nintendogs Kennel", which would let you "manage" your dogs, and view them in better graphics. Like Pokemon Box.

Well they are releasing a microphone for it - because boogie and high school musical use one for definate. you have the wiimote which could act as a brush or a hand, so to me it could work

we probably can get a reasonable idea already though..

Mario galaxy,

Super smash Bros brawl

Metroid Prime 3

Crisis DoD

Mario party (what number are we on?)

Mario party (what number are we on?) + 1

Mario party (what number are we on?) + 2

Starfox wii

F-zero wii

pikmin wii

advance wars wii (can't think of the name right now)

zelda wii

wii music

wii health

thats 14 I wouldn't be surprised to see in the next 48 months (are some already out?)

waverace

excite truck 2

mario kart (how did that not come up in my head straight away)

Donkey kong bongo blast

Donkey kong platformer

kirby

fire emblem

wario

punch out

animal crossing

golden sun

kid icarus

custom robo

Earth bound

doshin

duck hunt

ice climbers

thats 31.

wow thats a lot of titles, although I suppose that includes titles not completely developed by Nintendo, but also titles they are helping in and overseeing as well as.

Galaxy, Brawl, Prime have a 2007 date for Japan, TBA for USA and are not even listed for Europe.

Goodbye at least 2 of those games for 2007 in Europe. I guess we have to be happy with Super Paper Mario and one of the three games for 2007. Well somehow I am not even surprised.

So the Nintendo developed Wii titles we know about but haven't be released yet are:

1. Super Mario Galaxy

2. Metroid Prime 3

3. Smash Bros Brawl

4. Disaster

5. Project Hammer

6. Big Brain Academy

7. Batallion Wars 2

8. Mario Strikers Charged

9. Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles 2

10. Forever Blue

11. Mario Party 8

12. Donkey Kong Bongo Blast

13. Wii Music

14. Wii Health Pack

15. Wii MotorSports (Wii Plane may now be a fully fledged Pilotwings sequel though)

16. Animal Crossing

And maybe some of those Wii titles out of the 45 may be games that haven't been released in all territories yet like Paper Mario, Fire Emblem and Pokemon.

So there's a good 25 Wii games in development we know nothing about.

I'd be willing to bet at least half are sequels in running series: StarFox, Mario Kart, Zelda and F-Zero, and the other half are new IPs and Touch Generations (Brain Age, Nintendogs etc.) titles.

Looking good.

That is a hella lot of titles,even from Nintendo.

I swear to god atleast 5 of those better be RPGs...

End of summer? TGS or E for All?

Well that flies in the face of the rather depressingly sparse release schedule in another thread around here lol

Sounds good....

But on a pessimistic note, I hope they aren't spreading their talents too thinly whilst producing this amount of titles.

i cant wait for a Kid icarus game i hope they will show something from that on TGS since i saw him in Brawl he and link are my favorite nintendo characters

and hope to see a Eternal darkness game back on wii

That is a hella lot of titles,even from Nintendo.

I swear to god atleast 5 of those better be RPGs...

End of summer? TGS or E for All?

E for All?? Its a consumer show they won't show anything thats not already out or coming out. Plus thats in October.

It'll be E3 and TGS where everything they want to announce with maybe a couple of tidbits at Leipzig.

i cant wait for a Kid icarus game i hope they will show something from that on TGS since i saw him in Brawl he and link are my favorite nintendo characters

and hope to see a Eternal darkness game back on wii

And eternal darkness seen as that was developed by silicon knights I doubt it.

And it has been rumoured for a long time that Capcom and Nintendo are working on the next KI game.

It does say working on remember; which means that it prob included 3rd party alliances e.g. Mario & Sonic @ teh Olimpics.

Mario Kart Wii

Donkey Kong (not Bongo Blast, Miyamoto announced this for Wii almost two years before the Wii was released)

Mario Kart Wii

Donkey Kong (not Bongo Blast, Miyamoto announced this for Wii almost two years before the Wii was released)

If we don't get a proper Donkey Kong Platformer, like Donkey Kong Country, I will literally be seething with anger.

Fucks sake, Nintendo. It ain't hard. Just give us what we want! Please, for the love of God.

Remember, just because they're "working" on a game, doesn't mean it'll always be released. Alot of it might just be R&D or like alot of Nintendo games: canned.

Mario Kart Wii

Dont forgot about Kirby Adventure Tellyn.

Sign in to follow this