NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
frankie_baby

shock horror, wiis on shelves

was very briefly in both branches of game in cheltenham yesterday and was slightly shocked to discover they both had wiis on the shelves, i say only slightly cos only the week before i'd seen some in stock the week before in one of those branches though then they were forcing a rip off bundle (had to buy with 3 games no discount 300 squid and only a free warenty thrown in) but yesterday not only did both branches have them but they had more normal bundle offers (+1 game £5 off, +2 games £15 off, +3 games £30 off)

whats happened?? have the pikmin suddenly managed to make fuk loads more wiis???

oh and wii play was on the shelves to and no longer 40 squid

Hopefully sales will slow down a bit. Nintendo need some incentive to release games.

Hopefully sales will slow down a bit. Nintendo need some incentive to release games.

No, sales must remain high for many other positive reasons.

"A rushed game wont be as good as it could have been; a shit game is shit forever" - My version of Miyamoto-san's quote.

Europe's still playing catch up anyway.

Funny enough GAME in the Trafford Centre had Wiis in stock last night while i was in there!

They are still selling fast here. While every time I go to Wal*Mart, they have 4 PS3's, 2 360's, and no Wii's. And in the classifieds I saw one for $400 with no games.:shock:

Still a bit shocking that it's almost May and it's hard to find the system. I don't think I've ever seen anything like this.

It hasn't been a case of there being no stock since December, tend to get some in every week. Its just coincidental you looked yesterday when some were in.

Still a bit shocking that it's almost May and it's hard to find the system. I don't think I've ever seen anything like this.

Wasn't PS2s early life like this? Oh wait, crap start, I'd forgotten.

Wasn't PS2s early life like this? Oh wait, crap start, I'd forgotten.

IIRC, last gen the GameCube had the best start.

The PS2's weren't available because SONY deliberately held back in Europe - within 3 months they were everywhere. You only had a problem if you wanted one at launch.

And I'm gonna say this for the last time. Game advertise rip-off bundles. You are not forced to purchase a console from them in rip off bundles. Merely say "I'd like to buy a Wii please". They will then say "Which bundle are you choosing?" You should then reply "No bundle please. Just the Wii."

They cannot legally force you to buy more than you want. End of story.

Sign in to follow this