NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Calza

Gizmondo Anybody Got One???

It looks a bit werid and some werid games, "Sticky Balls" :wink: anyone. But it has a nice price at £129.99 for the basic pack and it is a GPS, Mobile, Games Machine wonder. Or is it??

i played it, battery lasts less then psp with games. its ok, but u wont be seeing anything special on it

I had a go on one, its alright,but the games are pretty average. Its certainly nothing special.

Hehe, my local independant shop used to be an offical Sony shop (although they sold games for other platforms too :S) but now it lost that tag so it's become a Gizmondo one so they have loads of advertising over their walls. The game box are bluddy massive in comparison to DS/PSP cases.

The console it self just looks so ugly. How man games are out for it now? I was mightly amused that it released with only 3 launch titles.

IMO, The gizmondo seems to be a classic example of 'jack of all trades, master

of none' and costs way too much. In other words, it tries to do

everything, but doesn't do anything well.

I've only seen HMV have them displayed albeit a tiny shelf taken up by the boxes.

Also has anybody seen that Zodiac or Tapwave that seems to be worse than Gizmondo

The Zodiac ruled man! They stopped them ages ago though. Anyway, I'm still considering getting a giz, I saw a racing game for it in HMV and the graphics were pretty tasty =o It has a pretty bog standard camera for little snaps. They arent that bad. I'm considering getting a Giz or GPX2 or whatever it's called.

The Zodiac ruled man! They stopped them ages ago though. Anyway, I'm still considering getting a giz, I saw a racing game for it in HMV and the graphics were pretty tasty =o It has a pretty bog standard camera for little snaps. They arent that bad. I'm considering getting a Giz or GPX2 or whatever it's called.

GPX2 is the way to go, has linux can play avi's and you can make your own games for it. Ive already got my pre order in.

When i went down central london and had looked at it way back, the stuff sounded really interesting and i thought bought getting one, but im not really into handheld gaming and its got hardly any backing so there was not really any point

Plus NES and SNES emulation... =]

don't forget MAME!

Also is it worth getting the original GP32 instead as I don't really want to pay £100. It can still pay .avis, snes, nes, MAME, SCUMM etc right. Also, are either systems backlit.

Sorry for the thread highjacking :red:

Sorry for the thread highjacking :red:

Don't worry, but if you want i could create a "Official :Gizmondo & Zodiac thread"

Whens the next one coming out, it's ganna have better graphics and a bigger screen.

Dont bother.

Nokia's new platform is going to be the one to get. Expected to be the pc of handheld gaming. Will work on many phones including existing ones. Games will be scaled accordingly.

GPX2 is the way to go, has linux can play avi's and you can make your own games for it. Ive already got my pre order in.

As have I.

MP3s and all sorts. Decent bettery life n such. Play ROMs on the TV, haha!!

They should be comming next week shouldn't they?

As have I.

MP3s and all sorts. Decent bettery life n such. Play ROMs on the TV, haha!!

They should be comming next week shouldn't they?

Ooh Ooh, post your impressions when you get it please.Emu speeds and the sort, I saw a screenie of Metal Slug running on it. It wasn't full speed but they were improving quickly. GPX2 with metal slug + TV Out cable = awesomeness. I'm saving for one now.

Yeah sure. I've been asked that once already. You guys really wanna know what the GP2X is like ey!! :p

Sign in to follow this