NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ollie

Help, dissertation issue!

Ok, as some of you may know from the meaningless thread that I have been working overtime the last few days to get my dissertation finished. I went to uni on Wednesday to check the cost of getting my dissertation bound and when the print shop would be open to do it, the woman behind the counter said they were open until 8.30 tonight and that if I wanted it bound by 12 tomorrow it had to be there today.

Guess what....they're closed, 10 minutes ago, that pisses me off!!!!!

So what do I do? I have to hand in two professionally bound copies by 12 tomorrow. Do I get here in first thing in the morning and hope that they will do it? Do I print four copies (it's not cheap to print) take two to a binder off campus and bring two here in the morning, or what? And does anybody know the names of high street companies that do this sort of thing? I thought it was all online these days :blank:

Heeellllppppp

Aw man that has to be the biggest pain in the arse ever.

What I'd do is do what you've suggested. Try and get it printed and bring it to a binder off campus. Also lodge an official complaint with your on-campus shop. Thats just not fair.

Aw man that has to be the biggest pain in the arse ever.

What I'd do is do what you've suggested. Try and get it printed and bring it to a binder off campus. Also lodge an official complaint with your on-campus shop. Thats just not fair.

But did she say 8.30 or was I too tired and only heard 8.30? I can't really prove it either way.

bound them yourself, I allways do those kind of things myself

you need: glue, a knife, and maybe some bandagegaas (i don't know what its called in englisch)

press the pages between something, cut little carves in the back (so the glue really sticks in the pages) then glue them, put some bandagegaas on it and glue it some more

Must be plenty of shops about that do this sort of thing. Get up early in the morning and go have a look. You shouldn't have left it so last minute though! Oh and don't do what Klimop said, sounds like a disaster waiting to happen if you ask me!

well, it works for me, just be carefull, and yes, maybe you'll have to try it twice, but imo I can glue books better than the machinary in those copyshops + it saves a lot of money,

though, maybe in this case this isnt the best solution,

i'm sure you'll find a place where they'll do it, especially in a uni region

Sign in to follow this