NEurope
theguyfromspark

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

CoD4 tonight? Anyone?

I'll be adding a few of you lot I haven't already added. (I'm JB Whiting)

Oh did u add me? I may play tonight shame your not called solo!!!

I don't know what your gamertag is mate, unless I you're already on my list.

And yeah hah, didn't let me have that.

You guys should try Hardcore Team Deathmatch it has Friendly fire off, no hud and it only takes a few shots to kill.

It's a nice difference between the headless spray and pray with Martydom's in the other gametypes (apart from S&D).

Add me if you like I play it quite often although I haven't recently.

I don't know what your gamertag is mate, unless I you're already on my list.

And yeah hah, didn't let me have that.

HeadlessHaden

You guys should try Hardcore Team Deathmatch it has Friendly fire off, no hud and it only takes a few shots to kill.

It's a nice difference between the headless spray and pray with Martydom's in the other gametypes (apart from S&D).

Add me if you like I play it quite often although I haven't recently.

its all I play. After playing Hardcore, theres no going back. I tell you meng its ARRCORE:awesome:

I think the ground war playlist is my favourite, partially because the big team games keep you on your toes and add a little extra oomph to proceedings, and the domination game type treads a nice middle ground between tactical play and running gun battles. The more the merrier on team deathmatch also.

Played a Ground War (Domination) on Vacancy full map.

It is immense

I think most of the maps are too small for 18 players, especially with Martydom and and the Frag x3 Perk. It's a bit too chaotic for me even with 12 players on domination and headquarters it's action packed.

Just played some of act 2 this is one of my fave games ever I think.

Seeing as the COD4 maps are now on PSN store for £6.99 i was thinking of buying. So my question is, are the new maps worth the £6.99?

If you play the game regularly then I would say definitely.

There are few things that video game publishers--or any consumer products companies, for that matter--like more than reaching big, notable milestones.

So it was with considerable pride that Activision's wholly owned Infinity Ward studio told me Tuesday that its war game, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, has just sold its 10 millionth copy.

Infinity Ward studio head Vince Zampella didn't know exactly how many units the game had sold on each platform it is available on--the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC--but did say that COD 4 had been most successful on the Xbox.

These days, monster hits like Grand Theft Auto IV and Halo 3 have gotten most of the media's attention for best-sellers, but by reaching 10 million sold, there's no doubt that COD 4 deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as any other title.

And to be sure, it's not the only game that has reached 10 million units moved--Infinity Ward said that COD 4 is one of "less than 10" games to do so since 2000--but it's still a notable milestone, especially when you consider that, at a sticker price of $60 a pop, even when considering that you can buy it for less at some retailers, Activision has raked in many hundreds of millions of dollars with the game.

Of course, one wonders how many more copies it would have sold had it been available on Nintendo's Wii. But Zampella said that Infinity Ward decided not to make the game for that console because "it just doesn't fit on the Wii. We thought it would be compromised to be on (that) platform."

Well, with Guitar Hero III, Halo 3, and Grand Theft Auto IV inspiring record-setting sales in their own right, we might easily see a few more games reach the magic 10 million mark soon. And the next Call of Duty, COD 5, which is being produced by Tryarch, not Inifinity Ward, might see even bigger numbers.

Indeed, Zampella acknowledged that COD 4 has set the bar very high for his studio, and it's hard to imagine Infinity Ward being able to come right back with another 10 million-seller.

But, COD 4 still has some juice left. He suggested that the game is still selling, that it's map pack add-on has sold 1.5 million copies, and that the main game itself is expected to sell a lot more copies this holiday season.

True or not, hats off to Infinity Ward on reaching a milestone few ever reach.

news.cnet.com

And the next Call of Duty, COD 5, which is being produced by Tryarch, not Inifinity Ward, might see even bigger numbers.

Not happening.

Not happening.

Remember that the large majority of people who bought CoD4 are brainless morons who will probably buy CoD5 just because CoD4 was good.

And as the number of consoles increase each year, the number of brainless morons increases each year.

Oh come on, give Treyarch a chance. They've produced a single CoD game, one that was actually pretty good (although not a patch on 2 or 4). I'm not expecting anything like the sort of quality found in Call Of Duty 4, but it'll still be worth the purchase price.

Why is everyone so melodramatic around here at the moment? Is it the weather or something?

Oh come on, give Treyarch a chance. They've produced a single CoD game, one that was actually pretty good (although not a patch on 2 or 4). I'm not expecting anything like the sort of quality found in Call Of Duty 4, but it'll still be worth the purchase price.

Why is everyone so melodramatic around here at the moment? Is it the weather or something?

Exams? Lol.

Remember that the large majority of people who bought CoD4 are brainless morons who will probably buy CoD5 just because CoD4 was good.

And as the number of consoles increase each year, the number of brainless morons increases each year.

not if they've played CoD2 and 3.:shakehead