NEurope
theguyfromspark

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

That ferriswheel bit is an absolute bitch. Every time I start doing relatively well in it I get raped by a dog or something.

Playing through on the 2nd hardest difficulty (first time playing) and just can't get passed it. Any tips?

Camp and lay claymores + C4. Also, get yourself an assault rifle as soon as you can. Comes in handy when people start closing in.

I always stand to the back right of the ferris wheel, behind a metal pillar. Seems ample cover, clays cover my left and i shoot out between the dodgems + ferris wheel with C4 in that general area in case i get over-run.

I threw all my claymores in the first field, then save my C4 to the section where the helicopters arrive with enemies.

An easier option is this.

Say your at the back next to the ferris wheel, if you run straight ahead and to the right down an alley there is a little nook in the wall just next to the door where the enemies usually spawn ( they wont ) and where the intel was. Now just sit there and wait until the chopper arrives as no enemies will attack you. Then just throw your flashes and peg it back to the guy you need to carry, pick him up and away you go :)

Say your at the back next to the ferris wheel, if you run straight ahead and to the right down an alley there is a little nook in the wall just next to the door where the enemies usually spawn ( they wont ) and where the intel was. Now just sit there and wait until the chopper arrives as no enemies will attack you. Then just throw your flashes and peg it back to the guy you need to carry, pick him up and away you go :)

Yeah, but thats cheating...

PRAISE THE LORD!

I'm finally at the car chas! Once i got past that bastard corridor, it didn't take me more than 2 tries to do any of the next bits.

Game over. Woooo finally.

I attempted Mile High. Jesus they don't give you much time eh?

Easier said than done aswell

I attempted Mile High. Jesus they don't give you much time eh?

It's doable.

YES MILE HIGH DONE!!!!

Got that felt so good.

I still need to get all the intel and detroy all the TVs though..

Holy fucking shit. Just got this game and it's FUCKING AWESOME. Just played through the first couple of levels expecting it to be good but not something I'd be that into, but it's sooo fucking good. Seriously amazed.

YES, YES YES YES!

Finally, 1000/1000

First game i've 100% achieved.

Took me long enough. I missed an intel while following a guide, but i rewatched the guide and realised which one it was.

Man it feels so good.

About an hour or so into it now, playing on normal, was getting killed in one bit, and usual I would got pissed off and switched it off, but just wanted to get through it.

Absolutely loving this game. FAR FAR better than Call of Duty 2.

This game is SO GOOD. Never played a CoD game before either!

Trying to complete it on Veteren now, it is soooooooo hard! Slowly making progress though...

Infinity Ward has detailed changes expected in the upcoming patch for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare on Xbox 360.

The update on community relations director Robert Bowling's blog adds that the playlist changes detailed will apply to the PS3 version as well, although that version will have "different patch changes".

Advertisement

Those playlist changes, then, will see Showdown added to the Team Deathmatch, Free-For-All, Sabotage, Search and Destroy, Hardcore TDM, Hardcore S&D and Old School rotations, while Mercenary TDM will be opened up to people who don't want to be match-made with clans or parties.

There are also other maps added to various rotations, score limit changes and a few other gameplay tweaks, but more than we clearly thought when we started doing this list so we're going to give up and advise you to browse through the changes yourselves.

The 360 patch is listed as due out this month.

YES, YES YES YES!

Finally, 1000/1000

First game i've 100% achieved.

Took me long enough. I missed an intel while following a guide, but i rewatched the guide and realised which one it was.

Man it feels so good.

hollow a go go!

I really, really can't wait for this at Christmas. I've missed playing the Beta so much.

:( 2nd to last mission, the hallways.

I just can't do it. I've been trying for an hour solid. Such stupidly accurate and powerful and FUCKING CHEAP AI. Is kicking my ass over and over. I simply can't do it.

on veteran? it was pretty hard on normal tbh...

... some find it hard. but some can do veteran first time... (insert comment on mile high)

After many painful attempts i have completed the main game on vet, but however i just can't do the mile high achievment (vet on the plane). I'm starting to think it is impossible...

After many painful attempts i have completed the main game on vet, but however i just can't do the mile high achievment (vet on the plane). I'm starting to think it is impossible...

Some people do think it is impossible however...

*Has not even got it yet* :(