NEurope
theguyfromspark

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

This was known about a while back that Ifinity Ward would be making a modern day CoD.

Good? Bad? We shall see. I'd love to see it set in modern day Iraq and you die every time you travel across a stretch of road by a randomly placed car bomb. Also, i will be pissed if its not on PC again ¬_¬.

I think they should set it during the cold war and have all the soliders just sat about shitting themselves waiting to get nuked.

Achievement Unlocked: Changed your underwear 20 times

Love COD 2 the most, so i'm hoping it's obviously a brand new setting but with Gameplay like this.

COD3 (imo) was great mind!

A modern day one might be good. WWII Games and WW games in general are getting boring.

I want it to be in Vietnam or something... Forests are fun and IW would make it look great.

Vietnam, just doesn't work.

Its been tried a large amount of times.

Vietnam, just doesn't work.

Its been tried a large amount of times.

BFV worked. It was stupidly fun.:laughing:

And dropping tanks on enemy tanks from a helicopter never gets boring.:indeed:

Back on topic: I liked Call of Duty where it was, in WWII. However, being Infinity Ward, this should rock regardless. Oh, and if it sinks like the Titanic, they'll go back to WWII I reckon.

''the development team had been scoping this game out primarily for Xbox 360 and PS3.''

... :hmm:

Bahhh...I just read this on IGN and was gonna make a thread myself.....They needed to make a pacific war game rather than a modern one.

And also have an online mode where u could be whatever country u wanted in whatever setting (unrealisticy, but who cares:heh:) i.e:

Germany, Japan & ?Italy? VS UK, USA, France, Russia, Australia, Canada, India etc etc etc & ?Italy?

Though many countries (Commonwealth) would have similar weapons for some types of soldiers.

''the development team had been scoping this game out primarily for Xbox 360 and PS3.''

... :hmm:

That kind of worried me too, but knowing IW, it'll rock the socks off the 360. :santa:

Trailers out

Looks great, although by avoiding the overdone WW2 setting, its going for the soon to be overused and tired, modern day setting.

Hope it plays like CoD still though.

The game looks really great! It's good to be out of WWII; but I agree that due to Ghost Recon etc... the modern day setting is soon going to get a bit repetitive!

I was very skeptical, but this trailer has put me at ease.

It looks like it'll play just like CoD or CoD2, both also made by IW.

5 bucks says this'll be one of the best modern day-set shooters you will have played in a long, long time...

Good to see Captain Fisher's son has successfully inherited his father's fine moustache.

Precisely when is it set though? It seems to suggest levels ranging from Korea to modern day Iraq and Afghanistan. In style at least.

Hmm, not sure what more this game can offer over the existing modern day war games.

How about the fact it'll play like a fucking dream, if the original and CoD2 are anything to go by...:awesome:

I have a problem with the idea of "playing" CoD games. Don't get me wrong they're great games, but when they are at their best you almost may as well staple the "W" key down and enjoy the ride.

Well, if you say so.

Have you played Call of Duty or Call of Duty 2 (on the PC)?:wtf:

looks awesome to me, think it is time the call of duty franchise comes out of WWII