NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dieter

Official Quake 4 thread

What do you think of iD's newest addition to the legendary Quake series?

I think it's frikking awesome so far, you really get the idea you're in a huge battle, plus you get to blow up shit :). They make frequent references to Q2, it seems like Q2 happened only a few days ago (judging by the way they speak about it... you'll see). I was afraid that the weapons would go too realistic, but those fears weren't confirmed thank god. Only slight gripe at the moment is that rockets fly a bit too slowly, but I'll get used to it I guess :)

As for the graphics, I play on 1024*768 everything Low (probably my CPU bottlenecking, going to start saving for a new pc) and it still looks better than Doom 3, plus no slowdown in big areas or massive firefights, only when you look upon 3 marines in a spaceship or something (not on the field) it slows down for some stupid reason...but that could be me :)

-edit-

Why do I always say upgrade instead of 'new pc'?... this mobo will only handle up to a 3100+ or something...

I can't play it :( Quake 4 + x64 with a soundblaster soundcard and the game loads the grey screen and closes.

For some reason at work today not one person brought Quake 4, while we sold over 40 copies of Football Manager 06 and a good 60-70 copies of Pro Evo.

I think it's just the Quake hardcore that'll be buying this............and after some peoples disappointment in Doom 3, then it's quite understandable.

Anyone tried the multiplayer yet?

I got this last night and running it on High settings res 1280 X 720 put X2 AA on and it completely Killed my system turned it off and it ran like a dream.Wanted to test the game afew mins last night ending up playing it longer than i wanted(then realised i should get to bed). It's really good and far better than doom 3, there lots of cool scripted events. Which i thought seriously lacked in doom 3. I think i'm quite near the end and have every weapon(i think) there quite afew cool ones even tho i do end up using the trusty shotgun alot.Haven't played the multiplayer would like to but i can't :p

Sign in to follow this