NEurope
Excelle

Getting my hands on a second new Wavebird

I was looking at the Wavebirds on Play.com for £17.99 yesterday as I want a second one to go with the first one I bought for me Wii. I came to buy one today and they're not for sale anymore (except through their Marketplace duplicate)!

I would prefer to get a new controller rather than second hand, but the best price I can find is on ChipsWorld for £29.99.

Does anyone have any better tips (UK based), or do I have to wait it out and hope Play get some more stock in? I'm a little loath to be paying over the odds! :nono:

Bought mine on eBay last week and paid about £23.99 for it new. I bought from a seller called 'retrogameonline' and the service was excellent. The cheapest for a new Wavebird on eBay seems to be £22.50 at the moment.

It's kind of annoying as a colleague got one from Amazon a few weeks back for £17.99 but it doesn't look like they are getting any more in now.

The Wavebird is quite possibly the best pad of all time. I love mine.

Lies... All lies.

The Wavebird might be a great pad, but the 360 Wireless pad is better.

Wavebirds are great, i'm getting one to save me tripping on the cables everytime i leave the room. Cheapest i've seen them was £23.99 on ebay the other week

a few days before i got my wii i removed the bed from my gaming room and put in a futon instead. since i already had a wave bird i didn't notice and i never played a multiplayer gc game since then until recently so i never really noticed seeing as wii-motes are wireless and all.

so a few weeks ago i had a couple friends over and we decided to play smash bros.

not a pleasant experiance

You're very lucky. Wavebirds are awesome, and are worth at least 20 quid!

Nintendo could probably make quite a bit if they sold pearl-white WaveBirds. Especially if they manage to add rumble.

They should just rerelease the Wavebird with the Wii logo on it.

Nintendo could probably make quite a bit if they sold pearl-white WaveBirds. Especially if they manage to add rumble.

Yeah nintendo should definitely do this - 'Wii' white with Wii logo and rumble, PLUS they should make a new slimline reciever for it so that you can close the flap on the Wii with the reciever plugged in.

Although I do think Nintendo will just end up releasing a Wireless Classic controller instead, which would be no good as it wont work with Gamecube games :(

Yeah nintendo should definitely do this - 'Wii' white with Wii logo and rumble, PLUS they should make a new slimline reciever for it so that you can close the flap on the Wii with the reciever plugged in.

Although I do think Nintendo will just end up releasing a Wireless Classic controller instead, which would be no good as it wont work with Gamecube games :(

You'll never get a Wavebird with rumble - it'd just drain the batteries like jiminy :)

You'll never get a Wavebird with rumble - it'd just drain the batteries like jiminy :)

The Wii remote manages quite well, and that's got far more tech packed into it than the Wavebird.

Damn Nintendo to hell lol, they need to release a classic controller with GC compatibility! That way when my GC controllers die I shall be saved!

I very much doubt that Nintendo are bothering to make any more Wavebirds, what with the Wii being understocked and all. They can make far more money diverting all their factories to Wii products than they can by keeping one producing Wavebirds. So it looks like eBay shall be our only option in future. Just pick your trades wisely.

Wavebirds are pretty awesome but the 360 controllers are way better. Waverbirds feel kind of chunky compared to it now. That logitech one looks really long and uncomfortable.

And Is it just me or does the Wii Mote battery suck ass?

Lies... All lies.

The Wavebird might be a great pad, but the 360 Wireless pad is better.

True dat. Although the Wavebird is slightly more comfortable.