NEurope
Cube

Official Wii LAN Adapter - 27th April

It's about time for this to get released for those without WiFi, what with just over a month (less by the time it's out) until the first online Wii game is out.

As with all the Europe Nintendo accessories, it has a rather nice box:

wiilanbox.jpg

Nifty little design, too.

Plug it into the USB port, then via ethernet cable to a wired network. RRP £19.99

HP Ketchup

Good stuff. I have a 30 meter ethernet cable running from down stairs to my room, so this is ideal. I don't really wanna go wireless.

Thanks for the heads up, finally I can stop using that stupid Dongle.

Its good, but will it muck up my settings for my 360 though

P.S. HoT are you still selling your us ps2 or are you keeping it

I don't get this. Surely connecting to my wireless network will offer exactly the same functions?

I don't get this. Surely connecting to my wireless network will offer exactly the same functions?

Yes it will. This is for people who don't have a wireless network.

Yes it will. This is for people who don't have a wireless network.

Like me! My house is a funny shape, so Wi-Fi can't work between my PC and living room.

Wired is more stable and a lot faster

Will be a god send for streaming video to the Wii, can be pretty crappy over WiFi!

f****** finally... I can download stuff via the wireless but it's damn slow.. (the wireless router thingy is in another room.. and not mine to move) so im gonna get this when I see it..

a 3rt party vertion is already out for several month now.... you can find it on play-asia.com

Yea, the Datel one has been out a while. In shops, and websites like Amazon and Play. RRP is the same as the Official one.

Tell me, if I were to install a wired network card into my computer (since I have a router which connects to my computer, but refuses to connect to my Wii), would it still work or not?

Tell me, if I were to install a wired network card into my computer (since I have a router which connects to my computer, but refuses to connect to my Wii), would it still work or not?

Nope, I don't think so.

Can you not use something like this?
No, since Wii lacks a big library of drivers, it only supports adapters with the same chipset their adapter uses.

Compatible equipment list:

-> http://www.wiili.org/index.php?title=Wii_ethernet_adapter&printable=yes

And beware of the Kinamax NT-USB20, they used to be compatible, but since January or so, the new models shipped are incompatible (different chipset) although there was no change in the model name.

Awesome, I've been waiting for this for a while, though I'm gonna be swapping the ethernet cable from my 360-Wii now:heh:

Good stuff. I have a 30 meter ethernet cable running from down stairs to my room, so this is ideal. I don't really wanna go wireless.

Mine's 20m :)

This is dumb, why not supply an ethernet cable with it for god's sake? I mean i might get it, jsut use the 360's ethernet cable, but still, they should supply one with it, and give people the option tog et a longer one.

Mine's 20m :)

I've got a big 20m beast as well, but we drilled a hole in the floor next to the PC and router and it goes under the house to the 360. I just connect the Wii wirelessly. :)