NEurope
Stocka

Baten Kaitos Origins Official Thread

Okay I'm gonna start living here now

I think these screens look awesome! Of course the actual game would look even better.

I'm glad they decided to put the HP meter on top now even during an action cause I always forgot to check my HP in the first game n_n (some lame soldier once killed me cause of that and I didnt save the game ehhehe)

And I'm guessing that Assasin is either temporal or someone we know n_~

--Ray

These screens look great and I've still got the first Batan Kaitos game to play through (once I've completed Skies that is!), I guess if I like the first (can't see myself not liking it!) then I'll definately get this one

Wahey, another Baten Kaitos game, didn't know they were making a second one, apart from the one appering on the DS, but hell iam very excitied about this :grin:

Okay lots of info can be gotten from just these screens. Looks like there was still land and water in this game.

Also in that one screen we see the Children of the Earth (tho they already have the masks)

I'm guesiing this is all before everything went wrong.

Plus, looking at that screenshot of the Empire, I'd say it is just starting to bloom.

Also, it seems that the character (maincharacter maybe?) is training at the Emperial academy.

0_0 I'll get some more thinking done on this.

--Ray

It looks gorgeous!! If think I can safely say it looks better than Final Fantasy X, I'm still skeptical about the card battles - not that i've played the first game, could someone fill me in?

It looks gorgeous!! If think I can safely say it looks better than Final Fantasy X, I'm still skeptical about the card battles - not that i've played the first game, could someone fill me in?

Alot of people seem scared of the card battle system.

But its really quite brilliant. It takes alot of strategy and fast reaction to get the best results. It offer so much more than simply selecting Fire 3 n_n for example.

Alot of factors must be taking into consideration before selecting a card.

Its fast, its intelligent, its new, its cool n_n

I'd say try the first game, but if yer used to most turn based RPGS i cant garantuee you'll like it but to me Baten Kaitos is one of the best games I ever played still, its right up there with Golden Sun, Final Fantasy 6 and Tales of Symphonia.

--Ray

this looks good,if yet to play the first one though,ill pick up the first one soon then get the second,it looks great

Okay, the boy is called Sagi and the girl's called Mirii. That box on the first screen has options of "just right" and "no, wait", so it looks like a return of you as the spirit guardian. That's all I can quickly translate, but I might have a go at the rest.

Looks very impressive, I'll have to get my hands on the first one sometime before this one comes out. Anyone know of any cheap copies anywhere? (other than eBay if possible).

Wayne.

This looks GREAT!!

Think i'll have to get the first Baten Kaitos sometime and then this one when it comes out.

This looks great! I can't wait for it's release as I liked the first one so much. This one could be even better if they correct some flaws of the first.

There is a gameplay trailer video available over a Gamespot! :)

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/rpg/batenkaitosii/media.html?gcst=batenkaitos2_gp_gc_091605.asx

ARGHGH!H!!!!! Thats bloody awesome 0_0, quality was abit bad, but the fighting looks so much better and the cutscenes *drool* oh the cutscenes...

I'm gonna keep a watch on Namco's site now

--Ray

EDIT: I'm guessing for an April release... I mean, just out of the blue they announce a BAten KAitos 2, then the next day, no the same day they showed screens, and 2 days later they have footage 0_0;;;

Video looks promising, I'm so looking forward to it, I always wanted another RPG on Cube. Fire Emblem,Twilgiht Princess and Baten Kaitos II, great way to end a console's life if you ask me.

I predict a march/april release too, if its out in December it must be pretty much done.

That video looks pretty cool, although I have to say the advert for the show "Surface" looked very good, lets hope that comes to the UK sometime in the forseeable future!

I think I already prefer this new character to Kalas hehe. Kalas is a stubborn bitch :heh:

I think I already prefer this new character to Kalas hehe. Kalas is a stubborn bitch :heh:

Luckily, Kalas wasnt representing us, the player n_n, he's just an egotistical bastard n_n, but has best stats overall anyway.

Hmm Xelha *drool* I think these characters look cool n_n need to see more.

I'm keeping tabs on Namco still, the minute they launch the new Baten site...well...I'll be on that a week later cause I'm always late n_n;;;;

aww i wanted Kalas in the game ,i like him,the battle system is better than having 3 cards at a time,it looks more detailed aswell

The video says the Japanese release is in December. I wonder how much longer it will take to get to Europe...