NEurope
MunKy

Overrated

Meh, was never too impressed by Halo. Unreal Tournament was the real sugar daddy. Great maps, modes, weapons and a nice balanced feel as some said.

Also the UT maps were really good. The ole two towers level is forever a classic in my books.

I enjoyed Halo, but I thought Halo 2 was overrated. I haven't got Xbox Live, I was more interested in playing through the single player campain. I did it along with a friend, and it start to grow on us... until the craptacular ending hit us like a slap in the face.

That game ended just before the main showdown. We were depressed for days.

I also prefer TimeSplitters, it is more fun and I played it on a PS2 for christs sake! Also I think I am the only one who doesnt lke WASD. I dont know why I dont it just never warmed to me. Back to Fable, Who has Lost Chapters for PC?

I have a few problems with Halo 2.

The single player sucks hard bar two levels. Earth and Delta Halo.

To an extent you're right, but I'd say about half the levels are good, and half average to annoying. Besides, to me, and I'd wager most players with Xbox Live or a bunch of friends that like playing it's all about the multiplayer. If there'd been no single player (which is far better in co-op) I'd still count it my fave game of the last few years.

They cut alot from the game to get it out.

What was cut?

The maps are boring an unenspiring

Zanzibar and Lockout are two of my fave maps from any FPS I've played. Granted, there is some filler in there, but there's only two or three maps I really dislike. Most can be put to very good use in objective games.

It's too easy to hack (or was)

At the moment it seems pretty much free of cheats. There were a couple of rough spots, but surely that's to be expected with any hugely popular game. Plus isn't that more the fault of the hackers than the game/game developers? It's to Bungie's credit that they've worked hard to iron it all out and still seem to give the game a lot of their attention.

Too many idiots on voice chat

There's a very easy to use mute system, very often you can spot a fool before the game has even started and mute their voice. If their idiocy only makes itself apparent mid-game I just wait until I'm killed (which granted, isn't very often) and then mute them.

I hate using a joypad for FPS

It's a console game. Personally I prefer it, but if I loved keyboard and mouse I'd simply invest in a keyboard and mouse adaptor for my Xbox.

It is incredibly unbalanced, no matter what anyone says. You guys go play the original UT or UT2004. That is so balanced, and it works.

I don't think that's a fair comment at all. There are certain situations where one weapon is going to be of more use than another. But surely that's true of any game. If not, what's the point of having different weapons? I've played UT2004 quite a bit and would say it's just the same.

I reckon it's a bit silly of folks to wonder if they're the "only one" to think a certain game is over-rated. Of course you're not. Of millions and millions of gamers out there, do you really think you're that special?

Halo 2 as a game has made Xbox Live, whatever problems people have with the game's intricacies there's surely no denying that.

I was modded tonight - a new type. As soon as I spawn they fired and the bullets magically went through the walls onto my head. First time that's happened in a couple of months.

I loved halo for PC. I played my roomates Halo on X-Box alot before that and just couldnt get use to using the controller. I liked the mouse and keyboard so much better.

I had a blast playing online.

The point is, who wants to play Halo on a joypad... when its so much better on a PC mouse and keyboard.

keyboards lick the ass so hard i can hardly contain myself.

x box s pads are the daddy for fps games, and halo 2 is the daddy of console fps games. ill conceed hl2 as the daddy of fps games but really i was very impressed with halo 2. i really like the story mode myself- im very fond of the last two arbiter levels personally as you get to whup the living shit out of brutes for ages, and ages, and ages.

I like Halo 2, and the online experience is much fun, especially if your playing with the chaps from the pyramid of awesome. But hey I guess this thread is meant to be about ANY overrated game, otherwise it would have been locked and shown the way of Official Halo 2 goodness.

So my overrated game, has to be Burnout Revenge, i just plain hated it.

+1 Rep for the thread BTW.

The point is, who wants to play Halo on a joypad.

The millions of gamers who wanted to, and did so by purchasing the game for Xbox.

If you're desperate for the mouse/keyboard combo, go buy Halo PC , or fuck off.

The best fps is Battlefield 2. No competition. Makes every other fps look overrated.

over rated = mario kart double dash was VERY disappointed same goes for harvest moon-a wonderful life

First Halo was really overated when they added the tagline combat evolved there was nothing in that game that hadn't been done in other games better. Then Halo 2 what a pile of garbage (lets just say its similiar to Geist ;) ). So really in retrospect Halo + Halo 2 wern't just overated a little bit but as nearly infinity in overated terms nothing they could do could really make the Halo franchise a better game

First Halo was really overated when they added the tagline combat evolved there was nothing in that game that hadn't been done in other games better. Then Halo 2 what a pile of garbage (lets just say its similiar to Geist ;) ). So really in retrospect Halo + Halo 2 wern't just overated a little bit but as nearly infinity in overated terms nothing they could do could really make the Halo franchise a better game

I pity your opinions.

Halo was a great game - awesome levels and great gaming memories.

Halo 2 wasn't as good on the campaign, but made or for it on the Multiplayer. Bliss.

So you won't be playing with us on Xbox Live? Gee, that's too bad.

So you won't be playing with us on Xbox Live? Gee, that's too bad.

NONE OF US WILL, LIVE IS DOWN :(:(:(:(:(

Halo 2 is great in single player had good time playing that....legendary is bloody hard ill give it that so parts i found monsteously hard

I bought Halo, didn't like it. I bought Halo 2, didn't like it, but the hype and shiny metal box were too much to fight.

But yes, I really hate FPSes in general.

Played Halo round a friends house...Online is definitly the best online gaming experience i've had (Ninty fan here, we dnt see much of online incase nobody noticed).