NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
LegoMan1031

I'm after a new wireless home router, HELP!

Hello all, i currently have a BT Wireless network 1250 with a PC, 2 Laptops, Xbox360 and Wii that connect to it (not at the same time though). The laptops contect via PCMCIA cards, PC is wired and 360 + wii both wireless.

Basically i want to upgrade it to something new but i'm unsure of what is the best ones out there in terms of speed, allowing the xbox and wii to connect to it etc. I have looked at the BT Voyager 2110 Wireless, which seems good but i could be wrong.....

Any help would be appricated. Thanks in advance.

Netgear are pretty much the best around and afaik Rangemax is the best they do

I use the Netgear DG834GT and its great! It supports a good range of security options and was very easy to set up.

Ok guys thanks for that. I take it Netgear works fine with the Xbox 360 and Wii?

EDIT: What is the best Netgear product out there? In terms of reliablity and speed, but with this hole speed thing do i actually need ont that does 270mbps coz is no way my net connection that fast or is there some other reason for it? Sorry i'm just confused over this hole home network stuff and i dont wanna buy the wrong one!

I have a Linksys WRT54G and it works like a dream with my Wii... 360 and DS. You can find it quite cheap if you shop arround.

Netgear are pretty much the best around and afaik Rangemax is the best they do

I use the Netgear DG834GT and its great! It supports a good range of security options and was very easy to set up.

I have that one. Range is rubbish.

I have a Linksys WRT54G and it works like a dream with my Wii... 360 and DS. You can find it quite cheap if you shop arround.

same here, though i had to jump through some hoops to get it all going smooth. Its been reliable every since.

Sign in to follow this