NEurope
Twozzok

Yahoo Pool Tournament: Round Two

The last one we had was relatively successful, so I thought I'd start a new one.

All you need to play is a free yahoo account.

http://games.yahoo.com Then click 'Pool'. I definitely recommend making a practice room to get used to controls if it is your first time playing.

Rules (albeit a bit muddled)

Game type: 8-ball.

No timer.

Doesn't matter if it's ranked or not, but I guess if you care about your ranking it'd be wise to turn it off.

Each round will be 3 days long. During this time you must make an attempt at setting up your match with your partner. If no attempt has been made then you will be disqualified. If both players don't make an attempt then you'll both be disqualified.

If both players can't find a time when they're available, then you can either choose a player to go through, or just forfeit.

When a new round starts I'll post the pairings in this here post.

I'm gonna say this will be best out of 3, but if you both agree to play it different (like best of 5) then I'm not gonna stop you.

When the match is completed get one person to post the result and the other to quote it confirming. Please make these bold to make it easier for me to scan through the thread when I update this post.

The winner of the finals takes all (nothing).

[placeholder in case i think of more things]

ROUND ONE, FIGHT!

Ashmat (Asshat apparently) Deafults I guess

Shorty Winnar

JonSt Can't tell who won.

Chill Bro' Can't tell who won.

FlackBox Forfieted

Emo Winnar

jimbob2720

EEVILMURRAY Winnar

MoogleViper Winnar

Monopolyman Defaulted

The Villan Winnar

Moria Forfeited

ViPeR Winnar

flameboy Forfeited

Round Two

Shorty

The Villan

Emo

EEVILMURRAY

MoogleViper

ViPeR

Blerg. I would but im having to steal wireless atm due to my interweb being down. Next time i shall be in.

I shall participate although I am not very good.

Haha, this is the biggest lie ever.

I'll play - been a while since I have. See if I can regain my skills! :heh:

Oh cool, people are actually interested.

I'll give this 'til tomorrow, then make a thread with the rules and pairings etc

How would you guys like to play it? Ladder style, like in smash bros, or I just randomly draw pairs from the winners?

Oh cool, people are actually interested.

I'll give this 'til tomorrow, then make a thread with the rules and pairings etc

How would you guys like to play it? Ladder style, like in smash bros, or I just randomly draw pairs from the winners?

Just make sure this one gets completed for once, they never seem to do on here :heh:

I'm easy with the layout :)

I'll fight it. If a room ever fucking loads for me. It's just not fucking happening, WHAT THE FUCK?!

I'll fight it. If a room ever fucking loads for me. It's just not fucking happening, WHAT THE FUCK?!

Pop-up blocker's not stopping it is it? That happened to me, no windows opened till i figured out what was happening.

Pop-up blocker's not stopping it is it? That happened to me, no windows opened till i figured out what was happening.

It opens in a fashion, you see the top bit with a cracking ad and saying wait 3 minutes bullshit. Nothing happens. I don't believe I have a pop-up blocker. Assuming we're not on about the internet options in the control panel, in which case it's set on medium.

It opens in a fashion, you see the top bit with a cracking ad and saying wait 3 minutes bullshit. Nothing happens. I don't believe I have a pop-up blocker. Assuming we're not on about the internet options in the control panel, in which case it's set on medium.
Make sure you grab the latest Java, or try Firefox/Opera?

I think a tournement would be better.

A vs. B (A wins)

C vs. D (D wins)

A vs. D etc.

Make sure you grab the latest Java, or try Firefox/Opera?

I've tried it on both Slimbrowser and IE. I thought it was Slimbrowser to begin with as I have to go on IE to use Isketch. But I get the same bullshit on IE.

I shall try getting the Java, see how I go.

I think a tournement would be better.

A vs. B (A wins)

C vs. D (D wins)

A vs. D etc.

Both ways of playing support that :P

Ladder Style would be like in smash bros where only the starting pairs are chosen, and after that whoever wins plays the winner of the pair next to them.

The other way is just to choose pairs out of the winners after each round.

And sorry for not getting the thread up yesterday, was swamped with last minute coursework !_!

I'll get it done as soon as I get home from school.

EDIT: Once the thread is up, I'll have a deadline for entry of Saturday morning. Around 5 am. This means the thing can start at the begining (ish) of a new week :)

Also, how long do you guys think you should get to get each round played. It needs a cutoff deadline or this'll never get finished. 5 days sound about right?

Even though I'll probably end up having a match on a day or time when I can't get access to a PC and probably get disqualified. I shall participate. Let me just set up an account...