NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
flameboy

Halo-OMG what a game!

Damn you ZeldaFreak turning my Halo thread into a bitch fest!!!

Anyway been playing some more Halo 2, only single player mind...Not sold on it yet, it has a very different feel, with the first level, take out the aliens and I could easily be playing GRAW or Rainbow Six, it has that very raw military feel that wasn't in the the first one. Hate the Battle Rifle as well where's the Assault Rifle from the first game...

Damn you ZeldaFreak turning my Halo thread into a bitch fest!!!

Anyway been playing some more Halo 2, only single player mind...Not sold on it yet, it has a very different feel, with the first level, take out the aliens and I could easily be playing GRAW or Rainbow Six, it has that very raw military feel that wasn't in the the first one. Hate the Battle Rifle as well where's the Assault Rifle from the first game...

The assault rifle was dropped in favour of the SMG's.

Its back for Halo 3, with a far shorter clip and better long range ability.

Yeah I suppose I can see that, pretty awesome carrying twin SMG, suppose that is better than the Assault Rifle.

Yeah I suppose I can see that, pretty awesome carrying twin SMG, suppose that is better than the Assault Rifle.

I was also annoyed they dropped the Assault Rifle from the 1st game but after a while I was in love with duel wielding.

Some sections of Turok Evolution were fun, which was something I never found in Halo.

Turok Evo is probably the worst console FPS ever. God i wish i never bought that shit.

The reason I hate hate Halo 1 is because of the horrible level design.

Funnily enough, that's the main reason I didn't enjoy Halo 2. It's plagued with cramp, awkward to navigate, and very poorly lit areas. Okay, there's a flashlight for that last one. But it switches itself off after a few seconds. WTF!? Having to keep switching it back on gets supremely annoying!

In contrast, I didn't have a problem with the level design in Halo: Combat Evolved. Sure, it could be repetitive at times (although I can't really say I had a problem with that). But at least it was sensibly designed.

Halo 1 was my favourtie game on any of the 3 consoles last gen. Loved it,The single player was awesome and it was even better in co-op. Then you ramped the difficulty up to Legendary and oh my goodness :D

I did every level but Library on Legendary at some point or other. I only played Library on Normal though because I hated it.

I was very disapointed with Halo 2, it just wasnt fun imo. I completed the campaign on normal but had no desire to replay it. It was marginaly more fun in co-op but even so. The Arbitar levels sucked ass, if he didnt have the regenerating shield thing I could see the point. But as it was he was just the Master Chief but with inivisibility utterly pointless. The ending was shit as well and the blatantly cut a level from the game because they ran out of development time.

The multiplayer was alright when playing amongst friends. But as soon as you played by yourself, it was full of 13 year old American boys who annoyed the fuck out of me. The first time the stats got reset was the last ime I played it online.

Hate the Battle Rifle as well where's the Assault Rifle from the first game...

The BR is a great weapon. I love it. Probably my favourite weapon in the game actually.

Gave up Halo after two hours, but played through Halo 2 entirely, loved it.

Says the Excite Truck fan :heh:

Haha. Told. I started playing Halo again today (i start games when i'm bored, knowing i won't play them again), and i remembered just how good it was. Halo 2 was a bit odd though. it started great, and then went into this game that seemed to be the first one. I expected it to be on earth, not another Halo.

Played the original on the Xbox, and found it to be more than a little bit "soul-less."

I can't really put my finger on it. The AI of the enemies is great, the weapons are pretty ok, but it just didn't feel great to play, imo. I think the levels were a bit too large, and it did seem to get more than a little repetitive. In the end, I just ended up feeling bored, as there didn't seem to be much variation.

Absolutely loathed the multiplayer. A lot of the levels were simply too large for anything less than 4 players to enjoy. I think they designed this with LAN play in mind. Haven't tried the LAN play, but it just didn't seem all that fun to play.

I haven't played Halo 2, and apart from the online multiplayer nothing else really makes me want to play it.

I'm with Flinky (for the most part). I found them both pretty soulless and generic in single player and multiplayer.

However, the Live play with mates is one of the best videogame experiences i've ever had :D That's the single reason I'm getting the third one, so I can snipe The3rdChildren in the crotch.

The whole Halo franchise, is overated, single player is imensely crap and over worked....

Multiplayer is overrated

Having said that I will get Halo 3 because their will be nothing else to play for a good 3 years when that comes out

What ruins Halo for me is The Flood. I don't think i've ever seen a more annoying enemy, and when the music for them comes in, i just sigh rather than get scared.

Halo = "Meh"

A "Meh" from me too.

To me Halo is Goldeneye with aliens and Sci-fi elements. Not worth bothering with when there are dozens of other FPSs out there.

What ruins Halo for me is The Flood. I don't think i've ever seen a more annoying enemy, and when the music for them comes in, i just sigh rather than get scared.

Yeah I was annoyed when the flood reappeared out of no where in Halo 2, I thought they were a destoryed in the first one?

As for other things of note on my experience of Halo 2, am disappointed to have left Earth really enjoyed those levels, and for all the complexities of the plot with the Arbiter (whose levels are a bit pointless I think, would have been better if he had a completely unique weapon or skill set, but you may as well be controlling master chief for what it's worth...), I found it a bit cheap to just suddenly pop out of hyperspace and finding a new Halo...hope the 3rd doesn't do that to....

Flinky I can understand what your saying, that was my original reason for putting down the 1st one for 5 years! As well designed as it is (so good they only made half the number of levels they should and then flipped them backwards) there is something missing, for large parts of the game I didn't know what the story was or why I was doing what I was doing...have really got into the story for the second one though...

Says the Excite Truck fan :heh:

Is that the kind of thing you can ever say??

1P Excite Truck >>>>>>>>>>>>>>1P Halo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>1P Halo 2

Halo = Generic FPS

Excite Truck = No game like it

The problem with Halo is that it was far too hyped and overrated to begin with, it really is nothing special, that doesn't mean it's not good.

There are a lot of games like Excite Truck, and a fuckload better than it aswell. Excite Truck was fun for like the first day, then it got boring as fuck.

There are a lot of games like Excite Truck, and a fuckload better than it aswell.* Excite Truck was fun for like the first day, then it got boring as fuck.**

*Examples??

**The Excite Truck Thread begs to differ.

I, well, I suppose I could riff a list of things I care as little about as the Excite Truck thread and the opinions of anyone that posts there,

Let's see: low-carb diets, Michael Moore, the Republican National Convention, Kabbalah and all Kabbalah related products, high definition TV, the Bush daughters, wireless hot spots, 'The O.C.,' the U.N., recycling, getting Punk'd, Danny Gans; the Latin Grammys, the real Grammys, Jeff the Wiggle that sleeps too darn much, the Yankees payroll, the red states, the blue states, every hybrid car, every talk show host, everything on the planet, everything in the solar system, and everything that exists, past, present and future in all discovered and undiscovered dimensions.

Oh...and Hugh Jackman.

As for other games that are similar and shit all over Excite Truck; Motorstorm, Excitebike 64, Burnout (all of them) Crazy Taxi. Excite Truck is not really a good game. There isn't much to it.

I, well, I suppose I could riff a list of things I care as little about as the Excite Truck thread and the opinions of anyone that posts there,

Let's see: low-carb diets, Michael Moore, the Republican National Convention, Kabbalah and all Kabbalah related products, high definition TV, the Bush daughters, wireless hot spots, 'The O.C.,' the U.N., recycling, getting Punk'd, Danny Gans; the Latin Grammys, the real Grammys, Jeff the Wiggle that sleeps too darn much, the Yankees payroll, the red states, the blue states, every hybrid car, every talk show host, everything on the planet, everything in the solar system, and everything that exists, past, present and future in all discovered and undiscovered dimensions.

Oh...and Hugh Jackman.

As for other games that are similar and shit all over Excite Truck; Motorstorm, Excitebike 64, Burnout (all of them) Crazy Taxi. Excite Truck is not really a good game. There isn't much to it.

Pretty much sums the Bard up.

Scrubs and a heavy opinion... gotta love him :P

Man, maybe even a year ago, you would have bitch slapped me for that :heh:. I think Jordans going soft!

Man, maybe even a year ago, you would have bitch slapped me for that :heh:. I think Jordans going soft!

I'm not saying i agree with you, but i respect your opinion...

Oh fuck i'm going soft.

Sign in to follow this