NEurope
Stocka

ScrewAttacks Top Ten GameCube Games

I liked it, thought it was pretty funny at times. :)

My list goes:

10. Super Mario Sunshine

9. Star Fox Assault

8. Battallion Wars

7. Tales of Symphonia

6. Smash Bros Melee

5. Wind Waker

4. Paper Mario

3. Twilight Princess

2. Metroid Prime

1. Resident Evil 4

Zelda's rumour? WTF? :wtf:

Plus, TP is the worst of the 3Ds, Wind Waker beats it. The Story in WW was way better than TP too.

Reputation would have been the right word for me to use.

The story in TWW was better? It is better that Link chases a bird wich kidnapped his sister? And in the end he ends up destroying Hyrule FFS. Not very good ending if you ask me.

TW has a way better story, and much better gameplay. It all just falls into place.

10. Eternal Darkness

09. Ikaruga

08. Soul Calibur 2

07. Viewtiful Joe

06. Super Mario Sunshine

05. Animal Crossing

04. Super Smash Bros. Melee

03. Metroid Prime

02. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

01. Resident Evil 4

Wind Waker not in the list?! Those guys were extremely annoying.

Only one game per franchise could make the list. It either had to be WW or TP. Both weren't allowed to make it. :)

Reputation would have been the right word for me to use.

The story in TWW was better? It is better that Link chases a bird wich kidnapped his sister? And in the end he ends up destroying Hyrule FFS. Not very good ending if you ask me.

TW has a way better story, and much better gameplay. It all just falls into place.

It was the most boring Zelda world ever. Plus, the reason it was like that was because of Hylian ears. :heh:

At least Ikaruga made it in to the list.

Personally would have rated Eternal Darkness higher than 10 though.

the only complaint i got about it is the lack of F-zero gx. that should be there instead of Ikaruga

am i the only one who didn't rate f zero too highly? in fairness i probebly just thought it was too hard, though i love ikaruga. go figure.

any way, in the whole tp vs wind waker thing, both games have there strengths and weaknesses.

prsonaly, i liked sailing in ww, it took ages, but it felt like an exploration, and it was so exciting when you found a new island, the graphical style was interesting, personaly, i didn't love it, but i admire nintendo for trying it out.

tp was suprior in my eyes, not only because of graphics, but the darker themes, though i feel they really didnt put enough effort into side quests. findign pecies of heart in treasure chests in a dungeon? id rather have had a couple of mini games really.

outher games in the list seem like good choices, i liked mario sunshine, i dont care it isnt mario 64, it was fun, though blue coins was a chore and a half, and a couple of levels were a little weak.

luigi's manshion deserved to be in, the game had so much charm, simple fun, lots of caracter, and luigi was a great lead.

Also why did they take the piss out of luigis mansion? it was excellent but too short

am i the only one who didn't rate f zero too highly? in fairness i probebly just thought it was too hard, though i love ikaruga. go figure.

But that was the only flaw with the game. That's the only thing you can't like about it. it's fantastic

No Metroid Prime 2, no F-Zero GX, no TS2, no Wind Waker = failed.

well, i don't think difficulty was the only flaw in f zero gx, did you see the cut scenes in story mode?

GAY!

Thing is, there are more than 10 what I would consider "great" GameCube games. So, if they had included F zero GX and the Wind Waker, that means two more games out of that top 10 would have to fall out to accomodate those two. So, there are always going to be great games that miss out on lists such as these.

Have you noticed that usually the number one, two and three spots are almost always the same in most lists? So, they are what people describe as the "defining" games on that system. After that, it's purely putting an order to the rest of the collection. Opinions are going to differ, so you may see something like Soul Caliber 2 in one list, and then not see it in another. However, the likes of Resi 4, Metroid Prime, etc are always there.

No Metroid Prime 2, no F-Zero GX, no TS2, no Wind Waker = failed.

1 game per series and personally i think that metroid prime 1 is ten times better than 2

well, i don't think difficulty was the only flaw in f zero gx, did you see the cut scenes in story mode?

GAY!

..........they were beautiful. Complaining about cut scenes in a racing game is very very sad

GX was an amazing game. It was very, very fleshed out, and there was always something to do. I've barely even touched the story mode, mainly because it's difficult, but mainly because I've been concentrating on the also difficult main championship type mode.

I think Melee and GX have to be two of the most fleshed out games of last gen. Both have a lot of replay value, and both are pretty damn hard, but immensly satisfying. It was very refreshing to see somebody actually put some thought into the main game.

It was SEGA under Nintendo supervision that made GX wasn't it? That was one of Sega's best games in the last couple of years.

What have we seen from that team since? Maybe they are doing Mario & Sonic at the Olympics.

EDIT: Wow. Just looked at the Wikipedia entry for GX, the engine it used was the also the engine the original Super Monkey Ball used!

complainign about the cut scenes in a racing game may be sad, but they were the campest thing ive ever seen, falcon mincing around like norton, accepting races with people who were clearly sex offenders, don't even get me started on the worlds worst back flip routine in like the 3rd level, were you race on the cliff.

im not sayign they didnt look good, but oh my god, i was just waiting for the blue falcon to get a pink paint job and having to rush too a dolly parton concert.

still, most people like the game a lot, im clearly the one with the differing opinion.

oh and i think sands of time should have been in there, it was one of my fave games on the cube, even if it wasn't exclusive.

complainign about the cut scenes in a racing game may be sad, but they were the campest thing ive ever seen, falcon mincing around like norton, accepting races with people who were clearly sex offenders, don't even get me started on the worlds worst back flip routine in like the 3rd level, were you race on the cliff.

im not sayign they didnt look good, but oh my god, i was just waiting for the blue falcon to get a pink paint job and having to rush too a dolly parton concert.

still, most people like the game a lot, im clearly the one with the differing opinion.

oh and i think sands of time should have been in there, it was one of my fave games on the cube, even if it wasn't exclusive.

so..basically you didn't like one of the greatest racers of all time because you thought the cut scenes were camp?

and i found the learniong curve un reasonably high, found the cpu controled oponents cheated and all in all, wasn't so much fun as a great deal of work

and the cut scenes were REALLY camp, i mean, im pretty metro sexual but oh my god that stuff was cringe worhty

i didnt enjoy the game much, mostly because of it didnt feel fun to play, im not a huge racing game fan usualy, normaly i like mario kart and thats about it, though i liked f zero x.

hell you don't have to agree with me, im not saying its a bad game, i just didnt like it, and that the cut scenes were super gay

so..basically you didn't like one of the greatest racers of all time because you thought the cut scenes were camp?

I sold metal gear solid because the cut scenes made me cringe. (+ didnt really get past the first level). So I can understand that.

yes but MOST of metal gear is cut scenes. If you really cant tak the sut scenes in fzero there are more modes to play

Ignoring Zelda (and out of the ones I've played), Smash Bros should have been much higher, number 2 or 3.

yes but MOST of metal gear is cut scenes. If you really cant tak the sut scenes in fzero there are more modes to play

well, the outher modes of play really didnt appeal. time trails are the most boring thing ever invented, by the time you learn the track well enough to get a good time, theres nothing to supprise you, so you need outher racers. time trails basicly take the fun side out of a racing game.

GP mode was alright, but cheating oponents and the fact that most races were resolved in pretty much the same way; a dull first lap climbing 10 or so places, followed by two laps of boosting on straits.

maybe its me, maybe i just don't see the genious of the game, but its just like snatch (the movie), every one loves it but i found it very average.

well, the outher modes of play really didnt appeal. time trails are the most boring thing ever invented, by the time you learn the track well enough to get a good time, theres nothing to supprise you, so you need outher racers. time trails basicly take the fun side out of a racing game.

GP mode was alright, but cheating oponents and the fact that most races were resolved in pretty much the same way; a dull first lap climbing 10 or so places, followed by two laps of boosting on straits.

maybe its me, maybe i just don't see the genious of the game, but its just like snatch (the movie), every one loves it but i found it very average.

i love time trial myself plus i think thats how i unlocked the alternative theme tunes. There are so many unlockables in this game for those that look. There is a movie made for every character too if you go onto the profiles plus everyone has their own song which is a cool feature

i didn't really feel an urge to play, the music in f zero games is some of the best in nintendo games, but i just couldent sit and play a game to unlock a song. unless it was like guitar hero, but thats different

The only complaint i have with the list is that Wind Waker was not on the list, but other than that a good top ten list with some cracking games