NEurope
mcj metroid

Great Arcade memories

i spent alot of time playing the house of the dead series in the arcades. I think the house of the dead 4 just came out last year also, but i haven't played that yet.

Number 4 rules! It's at my local cinema. You have to shake the gun to reload, and when zombies grab you, shake it, to get them off you. You can look a fool, but it's just brilliant, and a quid, will get you far into the game! I hope there's a fifth in development.

I played Indiana Jones and the Pinball Adventure at my local arcade on Saturday. Wicked fun, shame I have no 50p coins left now.....

I played Indiana Jones and the Pinball Adventure at my local arcade on Saturday. Wicked fun, shame I have no 50p coins left now.....

Theres one you reminded me of..

Indiana Jones Temple of doom by Atari.

Probably the first arcade 'whip em up'..

I mainly play on Virtua Striker 4 and Point Blank these days. I have fond memories of Puzzle Bobble, which I completed. Metal Slug 2 was rather good aswell but I could never stay alive for very long :D.

I still reckon Crazy Taxi is my favourite arcade game of all time. One time I was at the arcade in the Trafford centre, I spent at least 5 hours trying to get the top score on that game. I got to no. 4. Was awesome.

I didn't play a bunch of Arcade games but some I do remember include.

TMNT

Street Fighter

Pacman

Can't really remember the rest :(

Mortal Kombat 2 was probably the game I played most - I was simply unstoppable at that game with Sub Zero.

other big ones were Kung Fu (still love it), Double Dragon, Simpsons, Turtles and a Racing game I can't remember the name of - you drove around a city/town and could take your own route - it was amazing! GTI Club was it? Konami I think?

Great Streetfighter 2 moment that remains in my memory to this day from years and years ago is:

When we were little my bro (who is 3 years younger than me) was a pretty sore loser so I had to let him win every so often to keep him onside otherwise we would end up fighting as he would accuse me of cheating. We went to some sea side arcade and played on Streetfighter 2 (which up to this point we had both only played on the Amiga), as we were playing a small crowd started to form it was the oddest experience ever. I mean we are both pretty good at it but not anywhere near good enough to warrant a crowd. I got an adrenaline rush and just thought I had to win I kicked his ass, people cheered as the last kick was placed and my bro was pwned. ...

We don't play multiplayer games together anymore...

That's exactly what happened when i played soul blade in spain.

By the way Soul blade>Soul calibur1,2 and 3

Naaaaaah. I don't agree with that :p. It's better than 3 sure, but it just doesn't have the same depth as the others.

Joint best fighter on PS1 though :D.

On the ps1 it had the edgemaster mode which was a very enjoyable one player. i hated the sould calibur 2 version.

I prefer the controls. I just like jumping in my beat em ups:)

There was a ace arcade game I used to play at my local bowling alley some years ago, but I can't recall it's name-can anyone help.

It was a 2player game, where you would sit on a bench like seat with a mounted gun and basically you had to blast the crap out of everyone. The game story had you escaping in a railway wagon on railway tracks, you had to blast switches on the track to decide your route and the seat you sat on would wobble/vibrate and jerk in all different directions.

There was a ace arcade game I used to play at my local bowling alley some years ago, but I can't recall it's name-can anyone help.

Well, it's probably not 'Microsoft Train Simulator', that's for sure.

I've tried googling for it, can't find anything. :(