NEurope

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Colin

Windows re-install problems

Need some help with installing Windows.

I've done it loads of times before, but for some reason after the initial formatting of the drive, and the copying of the setup files, when the computer restarts to then initialize the 2nd phase of the install it reverts back to the original formatting stage and copying of setup files again.

And I'm getting pist off with it at the moment.

Drive priorities are set as 1st Boot device CD/DVD, and 2nd Boot device as the HDD. And I am taking the disc out after the first install phase. I've also tried swapping boot priorities after the 1st stage, and it then comes up saying drive error for the HDD.

I'm also wondering that after the 1st stage, is the Windows disc actually needed after in the main install?

Any answers in the next 15mins would be brilliant, as I'm tempted to do a drive to Uni tonight to pick up another copy of a Windows disc, as my Dad is thinking the one we have here may be buggered.

Cheers.

Edit - I may have found a solution which is to turn off things like RAID in the bios, but in the middle of another reformat. If that doesn't work, and there's no answers here then I may have to do that drive just for a Windows disc.