NEurope
Retro_Link

Developers Catch-up!!

if it really is that much cheaper to make Wii games than PS3 and Xbox 360, then why the hell are the games so expensive. £40 is too expensive for most games.

should be RRP £30.

if it really is that much cheaper to make Wii games than PS3 and Xbox 360, then why the hell are the games so expensive. £40 is too expensive for most games.

should be RRP £30.

The thing is, everyone makes a good profit on the current Wii pricing, whereas if they were much cheaper it would be more like the current situation with 360 and PS3 titles where publishers need to sell around 400,000 units to start making profit on their games. As a business model that isn't very attractive; part of the reason why you won't see many third-party exclusives between the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Having said that, I do think £30 is a comfortable price point, but I can see that becoming fairly standard amongst online retailers at least; high street prices are always a ripoff by comparison.

Aimless speaks the truth. You'll generally find better deals online, for the most part. What's the RRP for a 360 or PS3 title?

Generally, when I buy a new Wii game, I think between £30-35 is about right, for a new title. If I spend 40 quid, it's usually begrudgingly.

Nice to see developers have realised that the Wii ist going anywhere soon. However sales must remain high so that they wont disappear when the going gets tough.

GTA could work really well on Wii if done properly. There's something disturbingly compelling about the prospect of beating people to death with the wiimote...

What's the RRP for a 360 or PS3 title?.

50 pounds, if we believe Amazon.co.uk. It is probably true, as we always have similar price structure here at Finland.

should be RRP £30.

Wii games haven't gone up in price, and their profit margin stayed the same. 360 and PS3 games have gotten more expensive to retain their margin, or just took some loss.

Well Take Two Interactive's other two games might be Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer and The Bigs.

what i find strange is the price of ps3 games are generally the same as wii games over here. why have they ripped us off with the 360 games for so long?

what i find strange is the price of ps3 games are generally the same as wii games over here. why have they ripped us off with the 360 games for so long?

It's just tempary...they'll be £50 soon.

I have compiled list of games that are slated for 2007 release in the west. It shows pretty well, that 3rd parties are indeed catching up (I have listed only games that have potential to be good).

Alien Syndrome

Battalion Wars II

Beautiful Katamari

Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree

Boogie

Brothers in Arms: Double Time

DDR Hottest Party

Dewy's Adventure

Disaster: Day of Crisis

DK: Bongo Blast

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors

Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn

Forever Blue

Harvest Moon Heroes

Kirby

Madden NFL '08

Manhunt 2

Mario & Sonic at Olympics Games

Mario Party 8

Mario Strikers Charged

Mercury Meltdown Revolution (for 20 dollar pricepoint it is bargain)

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

MLB 2K8

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

MySims

No More Heroes

NIGHTS: Journey into the Dreams

PGA Tour Golf 2008

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection

Pokemon Battle Revolution

Project H.A.M.M.E.R.

Resident Evil 4: Wii

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Scarface

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Paper Mario

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Treasure Planet Z

Wii Health Pack

Wii Music

WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008

Total: 41 titles

Of course, more games will be announced around E3, and some will slip to next year. But in overall, pretty decent list especially when you consider that most companies made decision to support Wii so late as last years E3.

Is a version of E3 still happening then?

Yeah, during july. Bad time, IMO, as X07 and TGS are only three months later.

Better late than never. The Wii is still showing amazing sales.

I'm liking EA at the moment. I don't usually buy EA games, on the Cube I only got one Fifa title and SSX Tricky. I have now ordered The Godfather on the Wii because of the very good reports. Forget waiting for GTA if ever it makes it to Wii, The Godfather does just as good.

Plan to pick up an iteration of Tiger Woods in the future, and Medal of Honour Vanguard too.

Had to buy online at Play.com though as I'm not happy with £40.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/779/779642p1.html

Take-Two Grows Hungry for Wii

The GTA publisher sees Nintendo as a high priority.

US, April 10, 2007 - According to an article on Gamasutra, Take-Two may be changing its stance on game development for Nintendo systems. In the closing statements of their first conference call after taking the reins at the newly restructured Take-Two, chairman Strauss Zelnick and CEO Ben Feder had some illuminating comments about the company's stance on Nintendo.

When questioned about the company's burgeoning relationship with Nintendo, Zelnick commented that "working with Nintendo is a priority." The Take-Two chairman asserted that while it is important to tailor games to a specific console's audience, Take-Two is committed to creating "great games for Nintendo." The upcoming Wii game, Manhunt 2, is most likely the first step in this direction. Take-Two confirmed that this game is on schedule for its 2007 release.

While this isn't exactly confirmation that GTA IV is heading to the Wii, it is good news for Nintendo fans who have felt particularly jilted by Take-Two in the past.

Sounds good!

They can't really believe that sales or popularity will go down anytime soon, if they say they want to work on the system.

I look forward to seeing what they can come up with.

I think the Wii can easily ride on the hype until the AAA titles come out. Super Smash Bros should then be able o keep the momentum for a while until Nintendo releases its other big guns and the 3rd parties start releasing some solid Wii specific games.

Signs are times will definetely improve over the GameCube era. In a sense, Nintendo is quite smart (intentionally or not) to release all these big names early, have the Wii gain momentum, and then let 3rd parties take over.

I think the Wii can easily ride on the hype until the AAA titles come out. Super Smash Bros should then be able o keep the momentum for a while until Nintendo releases its other big guns and the 3rd parties start releasing some solid Wii specific games.

Great business, Crap for gamers. Would be AWESOME to play brawl over summer.