NEurope
DanielTimothy

Daniel Timothy's 1000th Post.

Not sure if we're alowed these threads anymore, but I'm going to risk it. I'd like to thank you guys for giving me countless interesting things to talk and think about. Thanks most importantly for being an eccentric, but lovable and friendly bunch of people.

I Love N-E!

Here is to the next 1000.

You are most definitely welcome! :)

I've been checking up on post counts, etc, and there seems to be around 200 posters who have achieved a thousand posts, or more.

I'm not sure how that compares with old C-E, but I'm under the impression that it's a much higher ratio.

Jesus Flinky you have a lot of posts.Almost 8000.Quite alot of 1000 posts then.I've posted alot more here than I done with C-E in the same time.

Jesus Flinky you have a lot of posts.Almost 8000.Quite alot of 1000 posts then.I've posted alot more here than I done with C-E in the same time.

Same here.

I do post...waaaay too much. But then, I do like to get stuck in with a lot of threads. I like to be everywhere. :)

I got 1000 about last week...I think I've added about 150 since!!

Nearly on 4000, just like another forum (that I joined September 06).

Wow, I haven't seen one of these threads in years. It brings back memories.

EDIT: It seems I have 4,734 posts. Cool.

"Man, are we proud to be... Aficionados? What the hell is that? Get it off me! Get it off!"

Who wrote that speach anyway?

I wish I had a custom thingy instead of aficionado. That would rock.

I remember we used to have a lot of these threads in the old days.

But, in all honesty, post counts don't mean that much. As Daniel said in his opening post, he's said the community spirit is good and that there's a lot to post on, which is exactly what you want from a place like this.

I think it's important to have new threads, so there's always something fresh to post in. Occasionally, there will be moments where there's too many threads, like at E3 time, or something. But, it's important to have new threads every so often to keep things interesting. This is a discussion forum, so it's important to keep the discussion going and going.

Also, for a forum, it's important to have regulars, people who will always be posting and establish themselves as a good member. You don't necessarily need a high post count for that.

Congrats on the milestone :D I remember making a big thread when I hit 1000 at C-E.

Speaking of... check this out, dug it up with the wayback machine:

oldpostspn3.gif

So I've done more here than I ever did at C-E :heh: and... woah, in 3 days I will have been here for 5 years o_O

I wish I had a custom thingy instead of aficionado. That would rock.

Ditto...can an admin or mod make me one (your choice on what you replace it with).

Well, to the bit about custom titles, that's a no. And I've explained why in the meaningless post thread. :D

But, we've been thinking of adding more titles once you get past a certain post count. We've understood that users will keep posting, so it would be nice to have more titles.

The question is, we're lacking a bit on the creative front, what titles users would want. Throw in a suggestion or two, and we'll weigh up the best ones and maybe throw in a few.

Congrats on the milestone :D I remember making a big thread when I hit 1000 at C-E.

Speaking of... check this out, dug it up with the wayback machine:

oldpostspn3.gif

So I've done more here than I ever did at C-E :heh: and... woah, in 3 days I will have been here for 5 years o_O

And what of the Soapbox account? (I'm watching you ... very closely)

And what of the Soapbox account? (I'm watching you ... very closely)

Creepily closely.

I actually don't remember. I do know that I got Franklin to edit that account so it had the same postcount as my Shorty one. Which really surprised some people who called me a n00b, then got freaked out when I suddenly gained a thousand posts.

The question is, we're lacking a bit on the creative front, what titles users would want. Throw in a suggestion or two, and we'll weigh up the best ones and maybe throw in a few.

Actually i'll try and think of some,could be fun trying to make some up.

I know i've been on the forums for atleast 2 and a half year but I can't remember when I joined C-E.It took me a while to actually join the forums,I usually just read the front page and that was it.

Also, for a forum, it's important to have regulars, people who will always be posting and establish themselves as a good member. You don't necessarily need a high post count for that.

Hope i'm one of those :heh:

I think there are a few good members out here though that make the place more welcoming if you get me.

I say that either change Aficionado to custom user title, or don't change at all. A custom user title would reward users with 1000 post count which is easily achieved, and anything else would make it a race.

Anyway, Congrats Timóteo, specially since I never congratulated someone for his post count.

N-E Ninja, N-E Elder, stuff like that would be cool. But yeah, it sucks when people just want to have a high post count what matters is that the community is together and there are good discussions. I stay out of a lot of threads and still I have a high postcount lol, I had no idea.

I applaud whoever initiated the no post count display, I think it makes it much more inviting for newer members, and I think custom user titles would kinda bring back that little elitist air that comes with stuff like that, like you'd have the special R-E members with a "C-E Blood Monkey" titles and such.

There are still N-E elite or wtvr. Which I think sucks. Or maybe that doesn't exist anymore, my memory is foggy.