NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
canocha

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Higher resolution or not it doesn't look too bad.

Horrible models/textures, some hints of nice lighting. (some of the floor textures are okish)

It doesn't look that great, really. Gameplay should be nice enough though.

Horrible models/textures, some hints of nice lighting. (some of the floor textures are okish)

How are the textures horrible? I'll admit the burning torch models are a bit rubbish though. Other than that, it looks better than most of the stuff available on the Wii atm.

sounds soo good :)

i love the grpahics.. whats this about them being bad?

lightsabers and magic wands is what the remote should be for

Wow, most overrated game of the century.

How can a game which scores an average 7.8 be overrated?

When i re-buy a Wii ill probably pick this up

Wow, this actually seems a pretty nice game. It's a real adventure game that despite its faults could be really enjoyable.

See this game is interesting me and i'm not a major fan of Harry Potter!

I'm going to keep my eye on this! I espicially like the sound of using the wii-mote as the wand etc..and i do love my adventure games.

I am really tempted to pick this up aswell, but I might wait till I have seen the movie. Even tho I know the storyline, I don't want the cut-scenes to spoil the movie for me.

So I was thinking of going out this afternoon and buying this. Anyone know the instore prices at Asda, Tesco, Argos etc?

tesco.... i think it is £29.97.imnot really sure.

hmv... £35.99 i think lol

Gamae....£39.99

I got mine just an hour ago in Game. so far its pretty good.:smile:

tesco.... i think it is £29.97.imnot really sure.

hmv... £35.99 i think lol

Gamae....£39.99

I got mine just an hour ago in Game. so far its pretty good.:smile:

Are you a big fan of Harry Potter though? As i haven't read the books and do not know hardly any of the characters and their meanings for being there...

I looks interesting though.

Got it this afternoon from ASDA's for £29. It's pretty cool. A lot of refrences to the book and the graphics are pretty. Only played around 45mins on it so far, will play it properly later. Controling Harry feels robot-like at first but you soon get used to it. Wingardium Leviosa rules! :)

Are you a big fan of Harry Potter though? As i haven't read the books and do not know hardly any of the characters and their meanings for being there...

I looks interesting though.

If you haven't read the books then buy a better game.............

N.....no.

I'd bet crazy amounts of money it sucks, though ;)

Wow, most overrated game of the century.

lol, you're hilarious.

How can a game which scores an average 7.8 be overrated?

When i re-buy a Wii ill probably pick this up

That can happen though :P

What a pleasant suprise this is...I'm actually enjoying it more than I thought I would! It certainly takes a while to get the controls down and to understand how the wand works in relation to your hand in 3D space - but after that it's a breeze. Lifting objects, twirling them around and battling with the wand is generally involving. If this feature had been put in something like Wind Waker (ala baton waving) we would probably have raved about it.

The wand use creates some genuinely interesting puzzles and, coupled with motions like 'Wingardium Leviosa' I cannot see how the other versions of the game can be as good. Using the wiimote like a wand makes this one stand out from the crowd. As many of you may have read there are some small niggles like camera troubles now and then and some in-game cut scene shaninigans. But nothing you generally don't find in other games. Put simply, I've only ever seen the Potter films and the wand feature and chance to explore a living, breathing Hogwarts is what I bought this for. I've not yet been disapointed. Even my fiance plays this lots and, although she has "noob" frustrations, she genuinely enjoys the game. It's got atmosphere, fittin visuals, plenty to do and good Wii finctionality. Definately a game worth picking up.

Should be arriving from Amazon today. Couldn't resist a bit of Wiimote wand waving and I've read good reviews. Will report back in the next day or two once I've had a chance to play it a bit.

Sign in to follow this