NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
The Lillster

So what do you all think of the God Father?

Yeah defintly feel it is being overlooked. Havn't once seen an advert for it, but adverts for Sonic and Tiger Woods are on all the time.

And agree about the situation in shops, all the over recent releases for the Wii, have full face outs in prominent positions within the stores, yet this one does not....annoying..

Do the add-ons really make it worthwhile buying this if you've already played it on another console? I'm tempted because the controls sound so good but I don't want to just be playing exactly the same game I played six months ago. What are the add-on missions like? I want to know if it's worth me buying or if I should just wait for Scarface, which I've never played.

Finally arrived through the post today, and I have managed to put in a couple of hours.

Initial impressions are positive:

Pros:

- Story

- Voice Acting

- Options

- Controls (take a bit of learning, but are intuitive)

- Music

- Film Clips

- Character building and customisation

Cons:

- Graphics (PS2 like in most except some effects and characters maybe)

- Map (not one button access, and not paticularly clear. Cannot zoom in much)

- Messages (objectives etc) pop up quite a lot

I'm gonna pick this up next week once my dissertation is handed in. Did think of hanging on for Scarface, but I've not heard alot about the controls being mentioned as any better than godfather..

I bought it this week.

Quite a cool game, allthough the graphics are a bit half-assed...

The game is much better than True Crime, though, so if ya want a GTA-ish game for the Wii, this is it!

The graphics are crap on PS3 too, EA didn't give a shit. Well, "crap", not crap, they are last gen. The cut scenes look very nice, IMHO. Very good textures on clothes in the cut scenes.

Motion controls are good, but some of the punching can be hit or miss. The shooting is very good.

Maybe the biggest problem I'm having with the game now is the dodgey camera. You can put the camera behind the character but it doesn't always work. There is also no first person view.

This game is fun though.

Maybe the biggest problem I'm having with the game now is the dodgey camera. You can put the camera behind the character but it doesn't always work.

Yeah, I don't really like the camera either. In 3rd person games I like to invert the camera controls, so that I control not the view but the camera move. So, when I want to look right, I push left so that the camera moves left and points right (the same for up and down, it's more intuitive to me to push down to look up and up to look down, just like flying planes and choppers). Confusing? Hehe. But in this game i can't do that. I mean, it allows for you to invert the camera, but then if you do that it will be inverted when you use free aiming too! Which is frankly st00pid. So when you point the remote right, the camera will point left! Which means if I want to use the free aiming mode, I have to use the camera in its normal configuration, which to me is not intuitive. They should have allowed for the camera to be customizable in separate for normal cam (D-pad) and free aiming cam (pointer) since they have completely different mechanics to them.

The lack of 1st person view is also noticed, since you can't really see that up in the air. If you are close to a building it's impossible to see its top. The camera doesn't point high enough.

As for the centering camera behing character, it doesn't work when someone or thing is close thus activating the Z-targeting. It's the same in Zelda games. But it gets annoying too yeah.

Other than the camera, I think it's a pretty good fun game. I recommend it to any Wii owners.

its a fun game that will last you a while.

worth getting as long as you're not too fussed about graphics.

for me its the best 3rd party game for the wii until now.

the controls are really fun.i wonder how it does in sales.its not perfect(the graphics...) but its a solid game!

Gave in and ordered it! Should have it Wednesday! Im so excited lol Fed up of playing virtual console games on my Wii :heh:

Got it this morning, and played around 4-5 hours on it. The contols are pretty cool, but I find myself forgeting some of the fighting moves a lot of the time, thus using the same old moves to beat my enemies. The graphics arn't as bad as some people make out either. My only faults about the game are that the contol of the vehicles arnt that good and sometimes the whole 'family' business can get confusing i.e "is that guy a member of my family?" thoughts crop up.

Don't think I'll keep this in my Wii collection long. Will trade it in/sell it online for Scarface nearer June. If you are still considering buying this, and have played GTA titles in the past, my advice would be wait for Scarface. But if you're a GTA virgin like myself, go for it!

Well, looking at reviews of the past platforms, which is what I have for comparison, Godfather scored a hell of a lot better (average of around 70-80%) than Scarface (av. 60%).

For those of you who have completed the Godfather and become the Don of NY and have no further objectives to complete - including favours - did you feel the game did not have a real ending? I have completed the game and am wandering around feeling very lonely with no real sense of satisfaction. I have only completed 91% of the game as I didn't collect moneybags or blow up all the safes so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. If anyone can shed some light on the matter I'd be extremely grateful. Cheers

I have a question: when you fail to win a venue (by pushing the owner over his limit accidentally, for example) and save will that prevent you from ever winning that particular venue? Or does the game allow you to try again after some time?

I've pushed some owners over the limit but I didn't save so that I could try again.

Had the Godfather for a few weeks now and I love it! Ok the graphics are hardly pushing the Wii but the gameplay with the blackhand controls is just so much fun!

Theres a lot of playability in there too and the difficulty level is just right - so if your pondering what to get next on your Wii - I have no reservations in recommending the Godfather. It's not getting the respect it so rightly deserves.

Grrr, I can't do the horse's head mission, so I have just been running around creating havoc and making money each day I've played this. It is pretty fun, but it's annoying that you just can't save the game when and whereyou want too. Very annoying that you must go to your nearest safe-house, which sometimes (and very often for me) is on the other side of town!

You can't have sex with hookers either! :angry:

Grrr, I can't do the horse's head mission, so I have just been running around creating havoc and making money each day I've played this. It is pretty fun, but it's annoying that you just can't save the game when and whereyou want too. Very annoying that you must go to your nearest safe-house, which sometimes (and very often for me) is on the other side of town!

You can't have sex with hookers either! :angry:

You don't need to - as long as you can get to a phone you can call driver and be taken to safehouse of your choice (I think!)

Sign in to follow this