NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
The Lillster

So what do you all think of the God Father?

I only bought this game about a week ago, the review was good and the overall public opinion on the game was high too.

I've only clocked in about 2 - 3 hours at the moment, but last night I started to get really into it.

Normally, when I buy these type of games (GTA), I only really play to mess about and kill pedestrians, but on the God Father I actually like doing the missions, taking over business, etc...

Overall I think it's a great game, and should give it at least a rent.

I haven't got this game, but I only keep hearing good things about it. Diemetrix mentioned something on this forum, and then Haden on MSN said he was having fun with it.

Looks like EA did a good job with this one. I'm even considering it now, whereas I just...didn't care, before.

Yeh, hopefully Manhunt 2 sells well, if it does we might get an exclusive GTA game, and by exclusive I do actually mean exclusive, aka not that GTA liberty city stories bollox.

Lillister, do you think you need to of watched the movies to fully appreciate the game, or does it stand up well on its own, as a well-designed game in it's own right?

Looks like EA did a good job with this one. I'm even considering it now, whereas I just...didn't care, before.

Why didn't you care, because it's made by EA?

Lillister, do you think you need to of watched the movies to fully appreciate the game, or does it stand up well on its own, as a well-designed game in it's own right?

I've never seen the films myself, the game is fine imo, and another mate of mine enjoyed the PS2 version, and he has seen the films.

So you'll enjoy it either way. Don't expect much in the graphics department though.

It's the controls that make this game so good.

Now if they could start one of these sandbox type games, from the ground up for the Wii, we could have nice graphics and nice controlls.

I've never seen the films myself, the game is fine imo, and another mate of mine enjoyed the PS2 version, and he has seen the films.

So you'll enjoy it either way. Don't expect much in the graphics department though.

It's the controls that make this game so good.

Now if they could start one of these sandbox type games, from the ground up for the Wii, we could have nice graphics and nice controlls.

Imagine what would be the result if Nintendo decided to do a sandbox free-roaming game. With their developing and controller implementation expertise it could be an awesome game.

Imagine what would be the result if Nintendo decided to do a sandbox free-roaming game. With their developing and controller implementation expertise it could be an awesome game.

I've heard rumors that Disaster: Day of crises might be a sandbox type game.

Thought I would come back at the turn of the tide for a small post. Just to say this is my most played Wii game apart from wii sports and I own Zelda and Red Steel!

The reason is, isn't because it even has a better single palyer mode per se. But theres so much to do. You literally can do so much crap, rob banks, attack other gangs, do the main game, beat up some civilians, start a mob war. Its so much fun and you get a real sense of progression as you upgrade your ranks and you can tailor how you play the game to your style with upgrades. Also the wii controls are great and the executions in the game are horrific they make me laugh :D.

Anyone whos looking for a long lasting game in this semi game drought could do a lot worse than this. Great music and extras as well!

I am going to get this in the next couple of weeks, I'm not too fussed about the graphics being last gen so much,but only because of how great the controls are, it does look like it will open up all new possibilties. Can only hope they will make a game based on the 2nd and 3rd films cos isn't this one based more on the 1st film?

I havn't really watched them, think I've still the 1st one, but noticed I've got the old VHS boxset at home so I'm gonna watch them sometime.

Nah, I think EA themselves get far too much stick than they deserve.

Just nothing about it appealed to me. Not sure why exactly, but I didn't read up alot about the game, and it didn't strike me as title that I just had to play. I probably wouldn't be thinking about it now if one or two people hadn't come out and said "do you know what? this is great!"

Has anyone actually played and completed both the Wii version and the PS2 version?

If so which one do you think is better and why?

Has anyone actually played and completed both the Wii version and the PS2 version?

I don't know exactly how the PS2 and Xbox versions differ, but Diemetrix has played both the Xbox and Wii version and said that the controls make a whole world of difference.

From the sounds of things, it does sound pretty fun.

Nah, I think EA themselves get far too much stick than they deserve.

Just nothing about it appealed to me. Not sure why exactly, but I didn't read up alot about the game, and it didn't strike me as title that I just had to play. I probably wouldn't be thinking about it now if one or two people hadn't come out and said "do you know what? this is great!"

Yeh, the problem is, because of this the game will probably have lower sales, because people's expectations are probably low. Hopefully in the long run, the game ends up with good sales.

I've heard rumors that Disaster: Day of crises might be a sandbox type game.

Hmm would be interesting. Ninty have been really quiet on that front.

When do you we'll get some new info? A bet their saving it for that new E3 type event in June.

When do you we'll get some new info? A bet their saving it for that new E3 type event in June.

E for everyone? Could be. I want to know more about Nintedno's new Ip's.

Yeh, hopefully they reveal something that really captures the imagination.

For me the Wii Remote is starting to get a little bit boring now, and I know the Wii is a lot weaker than the other consoles, but they could be a lot better, and I don't mean 1st party Nintendo titles either, I mean 3rd party efforts.

Wii version. Controls itself are much better in Wii version and work extremely well. Basic idea behind the controls is that nunchuk controls your characters left hand, and wiimote controls your right hand. When you want to punch someone, you push nunchuk or wiimote forwards. Jabs, in the other hand, can be done by swinging either controller. Super-strong power attacks can be done by pressing d-pad down, and doing swing. You can also grab your target by pressing both Z and B at same time, and lifting both controllers up. When target is grabbed, you can strangle, bash target's head to wall / tables, and throw him thru windows / over the ledges. By pressing + you can go to free-aim mode, and use pointer to shoot with your weapon.

What makes controls so terrific is how precise they are. Game has over 20 different motions that are done using wiimote / nunchuk combo, and everything can be executed flawlessly. It is so fun to grab innocent civilian, then do strangle motion and shake rumbling wiimote until he is dead. Motion-wise, this is easily most precise Wii game I have so far played. Only real problem with controls that I have had is how I accidentally press C-button instead of Z-button, when I want to lock target (C-button pulls gun from your pocket).

Furthermore, Wii version has Don add-on disk, that goes long way to fix original game's main problem; repetitiveness. Disk adds new weapons, new floorplans, new cars, favors, missions, etc. that make experience better. For example, original game had only six different car models, and it got very annoying after short while.

I'm one of the people that wasnt remotely interested in this til it came out, and reviews and gamers views started emerging. The more I read though, the better it sounds.

:shock:

It's very good and a very big game. Uses the remote very well.

Graphically poor, so if your a graphics person you may find yourself gasping in shock at everything except the actual characters!

I suggest you rent or buy it over the summer so you can get through the drought.

Wii version. Controls itself are much better in Wii version and work extremely well. Basic idea behind the controls is that nunchuk controls your characters left hand, and wiimote controls your right hand. When you want to punch someone, you push nunchuk or wiimote forwards. Jabs, in the other hand, can be done by swinging either controller. Super-strong power attacks can be done by pressing d-pad down, and doing swing. You can also grab your target by pressing both Z and B at same time, and lifting both controllers up. When target is grabbed, you can strangle, bash target's head to wall / tables, and throw him thru windows / over the ledges. By pressing + you can go to free-aim mode, and use pointer to shoot with your weapon.

What makes controls so terrific is how precise they are. Game has over 20 different motions that are done using wiimote / nunchuk combo, and everything can be executed flawlessly. It is so fun to grab innocent civilian, then do strangle motion and shake rumbling wiimote until he is dead. Motion-wise, this is easily most precise Wii game I have so far played. Only real problem with controls that I have had is how I accidentally press C-button instead of Z-button, when I want to lock target (C-button pulls gun from your pocket).

Furthermore, Wii version has Don add-on disk, that goes long way to fix original game's main problem; repetitiveness. Disk adds new weapons, new floorplans, new cars, favors, missions, etc. that make experience better. For example, original game had only six different car models, and it got very annoying after short while.

all you say about the controls is what I bought the Wii for, it's a level of immersion that no amount of HD will match, (personally that's how I feel). Ok so in this case the graphics aren't great, but that will come with no doubt, the graphics will come as people work out how to get that extra bit of juice out of the Wii.

I have just ordered this game on Play.com. Hopefully it will be with me for the weekend.

I am suprised with the relative lack of support for this game especially from the high street retailers. I have found it difficult to come by in GAME and Gamestation, although I did eventually see it in Gamestation.

I would not have thought about getting this game normally but all the positive reviews, and especially the one on wii.tv convinved me to get it.

So what do people think of the game?

Damn you and your big bank balance! I am desperate for this game after reading everone's comments, but have no money to throw about. :mad:

I was in town today and only noticed The Godfather in Gamestation. Wasnt in Woolies or GAME. C'mon retaillers! Show the game on your shelfs so people know that there are some mature titles avaivable for the Wii!

I'm really enjoying this game. It took me a while to get used to it as I've never played a game of this type before. I now want to go and conmplete all the little side quests such as collecting moneybags and blowings up safes. It's proving quite difficult to find all the moneybags in the mission levels. The graphics are fine and I love the voice acting. I'd definately recommend this.

It took me over 50 hours to become the ultimate "Don" so it's got good play time.

Sounds very intersting and fun.

Can't help but feel this game is getting slightly overlooked. I think EA is doing a very good job on the Wii. They were a bit late to the scene but have recently made up for it especially with this game.

Hope it sells well enough to warrant a sequel on the Wii.

Sign in to follow this