NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

360 price drop! GET READY!

For anyone looking to buy a 360;

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/778/778590p1.html

UK Stores Cut PS3 Price

WH Smith and Play.com drop console down to £399.99. Xbox 360 gets cut too.

Two major UK retailers have cut the price of the PlayStation 3 less than two weeks after the launch of the console. WH Smith and Play.com have slashed the price of the machine from £424.99 to £399.99.

WH Smith advertised the drop in The Sun newspaper, no doubt to catch the attention of parents looking to get their kids something a bit more special than a chocolate egg this Easter. Whereas, Play.com is offering the console for the same price but is also throwing in an HDMI cable and a copy of Click on Blu-ray.

At the time of writing no other retailers have folowed suit, although many are expected to. And while WH Smith's offer is scheduled to end on April 19, Play.com is offering the console for £399.99 for the forseable future.

Additionally, tomorrow - Good Friday - the console price craziness is set to continue, with Play.com telling us that it's planning to offer the Core Xbox 360 for just £149.99 - £50 lower than the RRP - and is dropping the price of the Premium Xbox 360 from £279.99 to £249.99. You'll have to be quick though because the offer only lasts until April 10 and stock is likely to be extremely limited.

During play.com's deal you could get,

Core 360, 20GB HD, Wireless controller for £245!

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/GENBRW/3-/719740/Official_XBox_360_Hard_Drive/Product.html

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/GENBRW/3-/719731/Official_XBox_360_Wireless_Controller/Product.html

Or else there are sealed 20GB HD on ebay for around £50 and official wireless controllers for around £20!

There are also some cheap games around from which to build a nice bundle!

Play

Tomb Raider: Legends - £14.99

Splinter Cell: Double Agent - £17.99

EDF 2017 - £17.99

RS: Vegas - £24.99

Dead Rising - £24.99

PGR 3 - £24.99

Pro Evo 6 - £24.99

Lego Star Wars II - £24.99

Gameplay

Call of Duty 2 - £19.99

Oblivion - £24.99

Burnout Revenge - £24.99

Choices

Need for Speed: Most Wanted - £12.99

GRAW - £14.99

Hitman 3 - £14.99

Kameo - £17.99

Gameplay

Call of Cuty 2 - £19.99

Is this another game based on the Playboy license ?

:heh:

Just thought I'd mention that you can buy new wireless controllers from ShopTo for £20.

The only thing about that Play deal for a Premium is that it's actually better value for money to get one of the high street £300 deals as you'll be looking at getting several £40 titles thrown in.

Yeah but if you get;

Core console (play) £150

New 20GB HD (ebay) £50 (approx.)

Wireless Cont. (shopto) £20

Thats £220!

That gives you £80 to play with, to bring it up to the usual highstreet deals of £300,

You could get GRAW, Oblivion and Gears online for £80,

or you could get two Argos 2 for £40 for example!

Anyone know what the 2 for £40 games are?

Apparently, according to HotDealsUK there are some Premium 360s floating around CO-OP stores with an extra control pad and PGR3 for £149.99.

Not sure how likely you are to get one...

Apparently, according to HotDealsUK there are some Premium 360s floating around CO-OP stores with an extra control pad and PGR3 for £149.99.

Not sure how likely you are to get one...

They must be v.limited.

My local co-op sells Plasmas and the like, but never seen any console hardware. Unmissable deal for anyone who can track a store with them in stock though.

They must be v.limited.

My local co-op sells Plasmas and the like, but never seen any console hardware. Unmissable deal for anyone who can track a store with them in stock though.

Yeah my local co-op is the same, tvs etc but no consoles. Id love one at this price though! I'm dying to get a 360

hmm EDF 2017 for £18..I might get it.

Its pretty good that they've gone down in price.

I would love to get a 360 but I;m just running low on money right now.....I thought there was gonna be a permanent price drop for the 360?

Gah, fucking typical, Play are having technical problems so I can't open an account with them.

Sign in to follow this