NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
S.C.G

Illegal System DLL Relocation Error... :(

Ok, so this morning I boot up my PC and it tells me it has automatically installed an update on my PC (despite me telling it not too when I switched it off last night T.T) I think it's a security update but I'm not sure, when i checked it under system restore it gave this description "Software Distribution Service 2.0".

Anyways, so it said that it was gonna restart automatically, so i thought ok, not much i can do now anyway so it restarted and I was greeted by the following error...

"RTHDCPL.EXE Illegal System DLL Relocation"

"The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\HHCTRL.OCX occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLL's. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL."

I did consider just taking my PC back to an earlier restore point if the update wasn't critical but I think it was a security update, so I was wondering if this is an easy problem to fix?

Anyway, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

"RTHDCPL.EXE Illegal System DLL Relocation"

"The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\HHCTRL.OCX occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLL's. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL."

I got the exact same error this morning, I really hope it isn't something serious.

I got the exact same error this morning, I really hope it isn't something serious.

I hope so too, though it's kind of reassuring that it's not just me, hmm that means M$ has screwed up with their security updates (yet again). I still don't know how to fix it though :hmm:

I'll hold out for a while and see if anyone knows how to fix the problem but if not then I'll probably just use system restore to the point just before it was installed, as there will inevitably be another update somewhere down the line anyway, which may or may not overwrite this flawed update? :wtf: *hasn't actually got a clue is just guessing*

Anyway I bet it's related to I.E or something which I seldom use, FireFox FTW :smile: but, we shall see I guess...

Thanks Shorty! much appreciated :smile:

Sign in to follow this