NEurope
Mike

Stars catalogue updated!

Wow, how much stuff is on the Germany site?! There's loads available of each item. Looks pretty cool too - especially all the Nintendogs stuff! How come we don't get that?! :mad:

Alright, I've sent my long email off. I should get a responce tomorrow, then I'm gonna be starting a snail mail campaign. Worked for Dreamcast games, and I think if we send mail to Nintendo UK and Codestorm (handles stars cat) we can do something. Snail mail = real life mail.

Gah, they always update right at the end of the work day, when the last website I'll be checking is NoE! I've been thinking about getting an extra controller, too!!!

NO.......................... SHIMATTA!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERY SINGLE TIME.

3 games on there when I got in, already got 2 and played SSBM too much to waste my stars on them. Started building my stars since the Gamecube's release date, seems a shame to blow them on that... so I'm being tight and hanging on to them again.

I think they made a mistake with the number of Mario controllers they said they had today. I was on the site as the stars catalogue was being updated, and there were only 50 (at 5000 stars, for the person who wanted to know).

Alright, I've sent my long email off. I should get a responce tomorrow, then I'm gonna be starting a snail mail campaign. Worked for Dreamcast games, and I think if we send mail to Nintendo UK and Codestorm (handles stars cat) we can do something. Snail mail = real life mail.

Tell us how the reply goes. What the German site had was ridiculos compared to the rubbish that we have.

Most people who goto the Stars Cat have most of them games and probably have a Gamecube aswell. The only decent thing we got was the Mario Controller which I already have from the last time. Why not put the Luigi one on or even the Wario one that Japan got. This country sucks!

This country sucks!

It doesn't compared to Finland. I can't even order anything even though I have some stars (+1000).

Germany even has DS cases to buy! Those german suckups with Nintendo being there in Germany. :P

Belgium had Nintendogs up before it came out, so it can't be a Germany-has-nintendo-europe-in-it thing.

Yep i've sent my two-page letter off today! It was too the point but not rude, actually i have sent about 5 to them over the course of two-years about the Stars Catalogue!

What annoyed me the most (and they never did anything about it). Was when the put those Mario signed posters up on the site a LONG time ago, there were five left.

I picked one up and went through all the confirmation, then it stated fill out address info! I thought i had won one, i carefully but quickly filled out all the info and it stated at the end there wasn't any left! TOTALLY OUT OF ORDER, surely when you had got to the address details section it should of guranteed you won, but no, the fecking thing kept freezing and by the time i entered the details someone 'AFTER ME' clicked on the thing and won it!

The Stars Catalogue is flawed, i don't care if the stars are 'free' the whole thing is made up to be something much better then it is! Total 'false advertisement'

Oh and that Germany update was the final straw, i may be mistaken but they are part of Europe aren't they with us? Surely we should be easily able to get what they get on theres Stars Catalogue, and did you see the quantities? i went on there at least a hour after their update and there were loads of stuff left!

:indeed: I let you know what my reply says soon!

GUESS WHAT? I GOT A REPLY!

It's very short, and they said that the UK Stars Catalouge is very young compared to other countries.

ANSWER: What the hell? Europe launched the Stars Catalouge at the same time, didn't they? Why would some countries, especially one of the biggest ones for sales, not have it last? Though I do agree, the decent updates are young.

The stock that is placed on the catalogue is always of a good quality, and we are always looking to place on items we feel people will want to exchange for their stars.

ANSWER: Uh. huh. Stock clearance, and unshipped rental copies of games.

Unfortunately, some items of stock do tend to dissapear very quickly.

ANSWER: Gonna agree with you here, as the UK is like the cookie monster, but only with merchandice. "MERCHYMERCHYMERCHYMERCHY!"

I did not get answers to why:

1) They shipped out rental copies of 1080 Avalanche

2) Where Nintendo UK's allocation of Nintendogs promo materials went

3) WHY we don't get good stuff.

I don't see what you're all complaining about...

The only good thing I've ever seen on the Belgian site is the Nintendogs game. If there's ever been anything else that would've been worth getting, I probably missed it. But seriously, all that's really on that site is T-shirts and backgrounds. No cool stuff.

And Nintendo-Europe won't even load for me right now so I can't check what's on the German site. =/

Edit: Alright, just got the site to load. They seem to have a lot of Nintendogs stuff indeed (though I wonder, who'd want Nintendogs postcards?). The Belgian site also has the Nintendogs DS carrying bags, except we have to pay 800 star points more for those things.

Really? I've seen alot better stuff on the Belgium site. Well, one of the 2 Belgium sites. Confusing that is.

You once had these cool DS bags, lots of Metroid demos, there was as you said Nintendogs before launch, tshirts.... If you're not too happy yourself, write to whoever distributes Nintendo stars items there. Maybe start you own campaign?

And so, I've written up my article at the site I work at, if you could spread this around, and get writing we can get campaigning!

http://www.britishgaming.co.uk/?p=102

I check that site every day and yet I manage to miss a lot of stuff then or something. Anyway, I just went to check the Star Catalogues of the other sites and really, we're all not that bad off. None of the other sites had -anything- decent on it. Only the Italian site seems to have had some stuff, but they all sold out. The only thing you can find on those sites is backgrounds and screensavers and maybe some T-shirts. That's sad. I couldn't even open the Spanish Star Catalogue; don't know what's up with that.

For me, it doesn't really matter that much anyway, since I'll probably never have enough stars to get anything decent. Or when I do, I'll probably just miss out on the good stuff. Typical.

But seriously, all that's really on that site is T-shirts and backgrounds. No cool stuff.

We don't get T-shirts in the UK stars catalogue... I would love a Nintendo T-shirt :mad: All we have are screensavers and wallpapers until annual updates bring us a couple of games that everyone has but still go out of stock after 3 hours.

I seem to remember a survey going out about the stars catalogue? it may be the responses to that. wouldn't surprise me, enough idiots in this country sadly.

Whats left is 39 of the small 9-11 t-shirt and 19 of the small 12-13.

I might just be able to get something next time, only if they do millions of surveys :D though