NEurope
Jasper

April Fools Round-up thread

All April fools, make you way - we're collecting you here.

WiiHelm - for the geeky gamer

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?p=404373

What a stupid idea - but the render is quite nice (courtesy of Flameboy)

The future is ready.. for Zelda!

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/31/april-fools-alert-1-wii-tvs-future-zelda/

Star Wars, mixed with FInal Fantasy and a quirky teenage voice - almost as if Nitnendo made it themselves. At least 'Nintendo ON' was convincing.

Wii-volution - HD evidence in not so much of and HD photo

http://www.engadget.com/2007/04/01/wii-volution-hdmi-enabled-160gb-hdd-packing-wii-are-you-fool/

If the picture wasn't that blurry, I would have said it was a Wii-render. Thanks to the blurry picture, I highly doubt we'll be seeing HD-pictures on Wii... and HDMI? Nintendo doesn't even get the rights to play DVD's from Sony...

Anyone found any more Wii-related April-fools! Post-'m-here, lads!

a bit disappointing to see N-Europe not joining in! c'mon Conor! was it last year or the year before, that people were asked to click to get for free or a compeition and then came up and said you'd fallen for an april fools?

most april fools jokes are just anoying, like the "podcast" from last year

i haven't actually seen pictures of a black wii for a while, they look nicer than i remember.

Planet halflife, Vave moving projects to the DS inclueding some fairly cool videos of "They Hunger" (half life mod) on the DS. Here.

Here's a hilarious April fools for you. Dampé, who allegedly died, made a bulletin on his Youtube account, telling us:

"Seriously guys, I am really dead. You need to stop calling me names because that is disrespectful to do to a dead person."

Isn't he a clever one then? Faking his own death for an April fools. Great one mate.

Proof

Nintendo buys Square-Enix and FF XIII to the Wii

Source

No Sonic for PS3 or 360 for a while

Source

Some I found from Codename Revolutions April Round up.

Here's a hilarious April fools for you. Dampé, who allegedly died, made a bulletin on his Youtube account, telling us:

"Seriously guys, I am really dead. You need to stop calling me names because that is disrespectful to do to a dead person."

Isn't he a clever one then? Faking his own death for an April fools. Great one mate.

Proof

Clever? Great? If he'd done it on April 1st MAAAAAYBE it'd be clever; and even then, not really seeing as he'd been getting people's hopes up for months before.

No, he's still just a sad idiot.

You're not him are you cause I'm starting to wonder.

I'll just ignore your post and hope someone else sees the sarcasm.

Yes, it's pathetic. He's signed into his MySpace, his MSN, everything. Faking his death just so he didn't have to carry on making a game when he could have passed it on to someone else, or just admitted it.

Edit: Looks like he's removed the bulletin now. Poo head.

Edit: More proof

The admin of the website his work was hosted on have admitted it. Now it's fully confirmed. This great display of cowardice sure inspired me.

I'm pretty sure that all Google employees are paid to do nowadays is come up with April Fool's jokes.

I'm pretty sure that all Google employees are paid to do nowadays is come up with April Fool's jokes.

If they got paid for the TiSP one, Google needs to do some serious consideration of how much they put in a wage packet at the end of the month, because its a blatant rip off and was done by someone else a few years back.

Personally, I liked Nintendojo's claim that Lego Zelda was coming to the Wii.

Its so hard to pull off a good April Fools these days. You either have the kind where you have to actually lie about something enough that it deceives people, or have a humorous piece which people can see is a joke straightaway.

And of course, lots of ideas have already been done. Though personally how anyone could believe rumours about a new Mario Bros. film after the last one was so utterly terrible suprises me.

most april fools jokes are just anoying...

Most annoying are the clueless users who actually believe stuff like Nintendo buying Square-Enix or Lego Zelda, and spend the next ten months talking about it. Like if it was real or something.

Forget 'April Fools' i'm buying that black wii the minute it comes out...WOW oh WOW, looks about 10x better then i remembered it. :awesome:

Most annoying are the clueless users who actually believe stuff like Nintendo buying Square-Enix or Lego Zelda, and spend the next ten months talking about it. Like if it was real or something.

:) lol, i know of a few people who will talk about this for a few months. Even i know that these stories are fakes, like the "realistic" Wind Waker back last year.